Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Karius suffered concussion in CL final

Read 7771 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Karius suffered concussion in CL final
      Reply #69: Jun 07, 2018 01:17:53 pm
      Some stick being given for not keeping this private but I say fair play to the ub for highlighting a serious issue across sports
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #70: Jun 07, 2018 02:24:37 pm
      If he wasn't fit enough to avoid doing what he did for Benzema's goal, or to save that shot on Bale's 2nd, he shouldn't have even been out there. But in fact he did make a couple of good saves afterward. The mistakes are his.

Concussion after severe hit at his head meaning it could be something wrong in his brain, mate, his brain not his finger nail.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #71: Jun 07, 2018 02:36:11 pm
      If he wasn't fit enough to avoid doing what he did for Benzema's goal, or to save that shot on Bale's 2nd, he shouldn't have even been out there. But in fact he did make a couple of good saves afterward. The mistakes are his.

Just because he made a couple good saves doesn’t mean he wasn’t concussed and feeling the effects and it doesn’t mean that his mistakes were or weren’t caused by his concussion. We won’t really know. The real issue is why wasn’t the game stopped and why wasn’t he checked right away? Ideally, the ref or linesman should have stopped the game and they should have diagnosed him on the spot. We should have had Migs in from that point on. Say what you will about him, but a healthy and alert Mignolet would probably have been better to have than a (supposedly) concussed Karius.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #73: Jun 07, 2018 07:30:52 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #74: Jun 08, 2018 10:10:39 am

Whenever I hear of doctors associated with Madrid (and Barcelona) I just think 'DOPING'. Those guys are the ultimate quacks.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #75: Jun 08, 2018 10:15:43 am
      Whenever I hear of doctors associated with Madrid (and Barcelona) I just think 'DOPING'. Those guys are the ultimate quacks.

why would a Doctor make any comment without seeing evidence?

Quick Reply