Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City)

Read 68701 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri
      Reply #138: Jun 11, 2018 01:06:15 pm

They are mate

I said last week that Shiqiri to me looks more like a change in overall thinking this summer

In terms of I don't think Jürgen is thinking of buying a 60m new number 1 goalkeeper 3 months ago but now he is.. and with the resources we have we can't go well I'll have the 50m Pulisic and the 60m keeper
      I think a couple of months back we are think of a 10-15m back up keeper replacement for Mignolet and a top notch Pulisic type but now it's flipped and it's a new number one a Shiqiri price band back up front three option
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #139: Jun 11, 2018 01:13:46 pm
      More I think about it, the more I believe we should sign Shaqiri. Yes, he has been inconsistent and yet is Stoke's POTS, but look at the sh*t around him? He is only 26 with over 400 appearances for club and country, and he should be in his peak years for the next 3-4 seasons. It would be stupid for us not to buy him as £12.5m.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #140: Jun 11, 2018 01:26:27 pm
      Do you ever get the sense of things flying over your head?

You aren’t an owner of the club, so why one earth you would get so excited about selling a player on down the line is beyond me.

Because we're both very different individuals with different train of thoughts.

At the right price, I believe any deal can be done. Free? I'd take. No downside risk. £500m? 4x market value? I'll sell.

I may not be an owner of a club, but I know how it feels to be one on football manager. And my side gameplay style is to buy players low and sell higher to fund my main transfer budget.

You're a football fan focused on building a great team. I'm a fan who incorporates economics into football business. You want my best player? Sure. What's the market price? You pay me 12x that market rate and he's yours. I'd give him to you yesterday.

I firmly believe this should be why Lyon pulled the Nabil Feker deal. They've already got a base offer price. He could go for more after the world cup unless gets injured. It's football economics. My thinking is somewhat like the Lyon owner.

Shaqiri for £12m? Below market rate. Take first. We'll talk about details after the transaction.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #141: Jun 11, 2018 01:45:49 pm
      He good player and he use premier league,but l still hope that player like Wilson and Brewster be part team next year think boss rates Brewster and Wilson, think ings and couple more move on in summer woodburn ojo both be loan out
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #142: Jun 11, 2018 02:05:15 pm
      Is there any more indication or rumour that we will actually bid for him?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #143: Jun 11, 2018 02:21:19 pm
      He good player and he use premier league,but l still hope that player like Wilson and Brewster be part team next year think boss rates Brewster and Wilson, think ings and couple more move on in summer woodburn ojo both be loan out

Brewster will definitely be given a chance.

Wilson maybe or else loaned out again.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #144: Jun 11, 2018 02:57:25 pm
      I like Wilson he should be give chance he lot better then injury Adam lallana who l dont even rate much
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #145: Jun 11, 2018 03:00:15 pm
      If Wilson loan out again then he fhish here, l be get rid of Adam lallana danny ings and l keep Wilson as player cover for mane or salah
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #146: Jun 11, 2018 05:17:52 pm
      Brewster will definitely be given a chance.

Wilson maybe or else loaned out again.

Rumour now is that Huddersfield and Fulham are in for him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #147: Jun 11, 2018 05:20:50 pm

I may not be an owner of a club, but I know how it feels to be one on football manager. And my side gameplay style is

Quote of the summer...

I firmly believe this should be why Lyon pulled the Nabil Feker deal. They've already got a base offer price. He could go for more after the world cup unless gets injured. It's football economics. My thinking is somewhat like the Lyon owner.

It was us who pulled out of the deal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #148: Jun 11, 2018 05:23:07 pm
      Quote of the summer...

It was us who pulled out of the deal.

Honestly don’t know how anyone would know who pulled out of the deal.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #149: Jun 11, 2018 05:23:56 pm
      They are mate

I said last week that Shiqiri to me looks more like a change in overall thinking this summer

In terms of I don't think Jürgen is thinking of buying a 60m new number 1 goalkeeper 3 months ago but now he is.. and with the resources we have we can't go well I'll have the 50m Pulisic and the 60m keeper
      I think a couple of months back we are think of a 10-15m back up keeper replacement for Mignolet and a top notch Pulisic type but now it's flipped and it's a new number one a Shiqiri price band back up front three option

Apparently it won't be Allison if we do go big for a keeper. Under your "flipped" scenario, would we still be looking for a major signing at attacking mid, in addition the goalkeeper and forward you mention?

Also, do you think we will try to sign a center back?

Kopite78
      Reply #150: Jun 11, 2018 05:32:02 pm

He can't leave unless we grant it from my understanding

We have for this last year an option to extend his youth contract or offer him pro terms
      That's why we reported Monchengladbach as they couldn't legally approach him

In our hands really
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #151: Jun 11, 2018 06:07:16 pm
      He can't leave unless we grant it from my understanding

We have for this last year an option to extend his youth contract or offer him pro terms
      That's why we reported Monchengladbach as they couldn't legally approach him

In our hands really

Sorry, I meant those clubs are in for Wilson.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #152: Jun 11, 2018 10:57:26 pm
      That is worrying, since surely Shaqiri always dreamed of played for one of those teams.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City)
      Reply #153: Jun 12, 2018 09:44:45 pm
      That is worrying, since surely Shaqiri always dreamed of played for one of those teams.

Great squad player,on his day he can turn games, keep him in the loop, and he will be well happy, look at what he as been palying with, no disrepect meant,  but Jugen will give him the freedom he needs

Im so sh*t at this internet crap, sorry guys
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #154: Jun 15, 2018 04:22:50 pm
      Saw a tweet from some radio station that we've triggered his release clause. Retweeted by AnfieldHQ.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #155: Jun 15, 2018 05:18:41 pm
      Saw a tweet from some radio station that we've triggered his release clause. Retweeted by AnfieldHQ.

Yeah wouldn't go believing that, think it's already been rubbished by the Echo.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #156: Jun 15, 2018 06:20:31 pm
      Yeah wouldn't go believing that, think it's already been rubbished by the Echo.

Don’t think it even exists anymore that twitter page does it? I had a look and no luck.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #157: Jun 15, 2018 07:58:24 pm
      Don’t think it even exists anymore that twitter page does it? I had a look and no luck.

Don't know mate tbh, seen that Anfield HQ post earlier when having a look through twitter but haven't seen it since, plus most of the rumours I take with a pinch of salt or just treat it as gossip until there is something official from the club or pics from Melwood!!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #158: Jun 15, 2018 09:39:35 pm
      Wouldn't mind having Shaqiri here as a squad filler. A very capable player and would no doubt thrive under the tutelage of Klopp.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #159: Jun 15, 2018 10:03:36 pm
      Wouldn't mind having Shaqiri here as a squad filler. A very capable player and would no doubt thrive under the tutelage of Klopp.

I think he'd be a solid squad player.  I would certainly have liked to have him on the bench a few weeks ago when Salah went down.  A fully fit Shaqiri would have been 10x the threat that Lallana was.  Not a dig against Adam, but he hadn't played all season and had no business coming into that game.  We just didn't have any other options.....

If we do sign this kid, I just hope we make his song:  "X Gon Give it to Ya"
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #160: Jun 16, 2018 08:17:04 am
      He would be a good addition for us. Lallana is better overall but he has not been at the top of his form for over a year and we cannot be that he'll be back to his best for next season. So Shaqiri would be a great option to have given that he won't cost much.

Quick Reply