Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Napoli [Champions League] Tue 11th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 10th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W5 D7 L8

Group E games. Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

Read 2173 times
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,674 posts | 1054 
      Re: Group E games. Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
      Reply #90: Jun 17, 2018 09:18:01 pm
      Neymar this, Neymar that all game. He was sh*t, he really does want it to be all about him, doesn’t want to pass at all.
      Commentators even try to make the whole game sound like The Neymar Story. They forget about the other 21 guys on the pitch.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,666 posts | 2587 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #91: Jun 17, 2018 09:25:01 pm
      Commentators even try to make the whole game sound like The Neymar Story. They forget about the other 21 guys on the pitch.

He was basically like a glorified Shaqiri.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,844 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,722 posts | 404 
      Reply #93: Jun 17, 2018 09:46:43 pm
      Bloodly he'll you lads giving Neymar some stick.  ;D Does one game make him that bad?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,666 posts | 2587 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #94: Jun 17, 2018 09:54:21 pm
      Bloodly he'll you lads giving Neymar some stick.  ;D Does one game make him that bad?

Think it’s something to do with all the hype around him and the way he plays, basically as if it’s only him on the pitch vs the other team. Wants it to be the Neymar show.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,818 posts | 1358 
      Reply #95: Jun 17, 2018 09:54:37 pm

I think people just dislike him :p But no doubt, on his day, he is something special.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,844 posts | 1345 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #96: Jun 17, 2018 09:59:10 pm
      I think people just dislike him :p But no doubt, on his day, he is something special.

Tite said he wasn't 100% fit and it showed
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,722 posts | 404 
      Reply #97: Jun 17, 2018 10:03:07 pm
      Think it’s something to do with all the hype around him and the way he plays, basically as if it’s only him on the pitch vs the other team. Wants it to be the Neymar show.

I can name a few players like that.  :D
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,818 posts | 1358 
      Reply #98: Jun 17, 2018 10:03:11 pm

It did, it's only his 3rd game since returning from injury. I think we could see the best of Neymar in the quarters or semi's.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,722 posts | 404 
      Reply #99: Jun 17, 2018 10:03:53 pm

Yeah read the same thing. I'd still have him in my team though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #100: Jun 17, 2018 10:04:30 pm

Obviously he's a world class player.

But he's also a world class w**ker.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,722 posts | 404 
      Reply #101: Jun 17, 2018 10:06:55 pm
      Obviously he's a world class player.

But he's also a world class w**ker.

Can I have 11 world class wankers  in my team.  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,565 posts | 971 
      Reply #102: Jun 17, 2018 10:08:16 pm
      Can I have 11 world class wankers  in my team.  ;D

You already support United mate ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,722 posts | 404 
      Reply #103: Jun 17, 2018 10:10:42 pm

Yeah but not all world class wankers  ;D
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,397 posts | 1534 
      Reply #104: Jun 17, 2018 10:14:56 pm
      Yeah but not all world class wankers  ;D

I bet to differ 😉
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,722 posts | 404 
      Reply #105: Jun 17, 2018 10:16:10 pm

Oh so you think we have 11 WORLD CLASS!!! wankers
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,397 posts | 1534 
      Reply #106: Jun 17, 2018 10:18:17 pm
      Oh so you think we have 11 WORLD CLASS!!! wankers

I do mate

World class wankers 😀

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,722 posts | 404 
      Reply #107: Jun 17, 2018 10:20:49 pm
      I do mate

World class wankers 😀

:lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,083 posts | 4572 
      • YNWA
      Reply #108: Jun 17, 2018 10:53:44 pm
      Not been mentioned before but the BBC's trailer for this World Cup is grand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBxwX1myxqc

Almost as good as this one from Euro 2004.

https://twitter.com/90sfootball/status/956806419323420673
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,368 posts | 1959 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #109: Jun 18, 2018 11:09:59 am
      Such a sh*t opening match for Brazil. We've played superbly of late so this was a warning call, a bit of a reality shock. Opponents will be much more focused and will work a lot harder during the World Cup. Brazil better get their sh*t together because Serbia in particular has some very decent players. I actually put our match with them as a 1-1 in a prediction game I play with friends.

We started well but then pretty much stopped playing. Credit to Switzerland for that. However I do think their goal shouldn't have stood, there's a clear push in the back. And we should've had a penalty as well. I'm all for using VAR but clearly a better method is necessary. If VAR cannot help the referee in key moments such as that, then what's even the point? Despite the foul though, I also think Alisson should've come for the ball in their goal...

A bit disappointed in Tite as well. Thought his substitutions were negative and pointless. Changed two central midfielders for two central midfielders. Then after months of him flirting with the idea of playing Jesus and Firmino together, when he has the chance to do that as we look for a goal, he substitutes one for the other. Not good enough.

But then again it's only the first match, there's a long way to go.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,498 posts | 2522 
      Reply #110: Jun 18, 2018 11:16:34 am
      Such a sh*t opening match for Brazil. We've played superbly of late so this was a warning call, a bit of a reality shock. Opponents will be much more focused and will work a lot harder during the World Cup. Brazil better get their sh*t together because Serbia in particular has some very decent players. I actually put our match with them as a 1-1 in a prediction game I play with friends.

We started well but then pretty much stopped playing. Credit to Switzerland for that. However I do think their goal shouldn't have stood, there's a clear push in the back. And we should've had a penalty as well. I'm all for using VAR but clearly a better method is necessary. If VAR cannot help the referee in key moments such as that, then what's even the point? Despite the foul though, I also think Alisson should've come for the ball in their goal...

A bit disappointed in Tite as well. Thought his substitutions were negative and pointless. Changed two central midfielders for two central midfielders. Then after months of him flirting with the idea of playing Jesus and Firmino together, when he has the chance to do that as we look for a goal, he substitutes one for the other. Not good enough.

But then again it's only the first match, there's a long way to go.

Doesn’t help with Neymar playing like a schoolboy holding onto the ball way too long and trying to do too much by himself.

Confident Brazil will pull it together.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,368 posts | 1959 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #111: Jun 18, 2018 11:22:44 am
      Doesn’t help with Neymar playing like a schoolboy holding onto the ball way too long and trying to do too much by himself.

Confident Brazil will pull it together.

Yeah I think he was trying to steal the show too much, he does like playing the saviour but it was totally unnecessary. I also think he'll get his sh*t together because when he plays well, the whole team plays much better.

World Cup debuts are usually quite difficult, so this draw is definitely not the end of the world, Brazil have been playing quite well as a team and should be able to get their sh*t together for the remaining group matches.

Will be interesting though who we get in the Round of 16, following Germany's defeat it could well be them

Not a huge fan of Willian either, and Gabriel Jesus outside the box is like a fish out of water, so we rely heavily on Coutinho and Neymar.
      RedWilly

• 7,324 posts | 818 
      Reply #112: Jun 18, 2018 11:35:51 am
      Yeah I think he was trying to steal the show too much, he does like playing the saviour but it was totally unnecessary. I also think he'll get his sh*t together because when he plays well, the whole team plays much better.

World Cup debuts are usually quite difficult, so this draw is definitely not the end of the world, Brazil have been playing quite well as a team and should be able to get their sh*t together for the remaining group matches.

Will be interesting though who we get in the Round of 16, following Germany's defeat it could well be them

Not a huge fan of Willian either, and Gabriel Jesus outside the box is like a fish out of water, so we rely heavily on Coutinho and Neymar.

What’s the general view of Neymar in Brazil Diego?

Interesting to hear how you had been experimenting with Firmino and Jesus, the logical thing in my mind would be to play Firmino, Neymar and Coutinho as your front 3, with Jesus available off the bench to stretch teams with his pace.

Think Brazil will come good though!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,368 posts | 1959 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #113: Jun 18, 2018 11:56:03 am
      What’s the general view of Neymar in Brazil Diego?

Interesting to hear how you had been experimenting with Firmino and Jesus, the logical thing in my mind would be to play Firmino, Neymar and Coutinho as your front 3, with Jesus available off the bench to stretch teams with his pace.

Think Brazil will come good though!

He's loved by most I'd say, hated by some, but generally even those who dislike his personality (who are not few) know that he's our best hope to win the 6th World Cup. So he has a lot of weight on his shoulders. In 2014 he was spared responsibility for the fiasco because he was injured and did not play against Germany, but if he keeps fit now, then failure will most likely be attributed in large measure to him. He likes being the "main man" so he must take the responsibility on his stride...

I'd also prefer Firmino but to be fair Jesus is deservedly playing ahead of him, his form for Brazil is impressive, he has like 9 goals in 14 games or something like that. I personally think that Jesus is overrated (at this point in time of his career, at least), he's a good goalscorer but outside the box he offers so little that he's pretty much invisible if the ball isn't getting forward too much. Firmino would offer more combinations and could do more against a packed defense, although to be fair Jesus is probably the more killer finisher of the two...
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 407 
      Reply #114: Jun 18, 2018 03:04:42 pm
      Firmino is massively overrated by Liverpool fans. No surprise to see him kept out of the Brazil team. No way does he play ahead of Jesus.

I expect Brazil to win the tournament, but they will have to up their game. Not surprising to see Neymar trying to be the hero. They all seem a bit like that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,700 posts | 3373 
      Reply #115: Jun 18, 2018 03:54:10 pm
      Firmino is massively overrated by Liverpool fans.

He's no Victor Moses!! :laugh:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,040 posts | 3122 
      Reply #116: Jun 18, 2018 04:01:55 pm
      Firmino is massively overrated by Liverpool fans. No surprise to see him kept out of the Brazil team. No way does he play ahead of Jesus.

I expect Brazil to win the tournament, but they will have to up their game. Not surprising to see Neymar trying to be the hero. They all seem a bit like that.

You are kidding right. Firmino isn't massively overrated by anyone.

And he did more in his limited time yesterday than Jesus did the whole game.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,203 posts | 98 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #117: Jun 19, 2018 12:46:29 am

Actually Firmino has to be one of the most underrated players in world football.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,368 posts | 1959 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #118: Jun 21, 2018 09:32:50 pm
      Danilo picked up an injury and won't play tomorrow. 3rd choice (after Dani Alves and Danilo) Fagner will start instead. Hope he does well. He's a decent player but I'm not convinced he was the best option. Tite likes to call players he can trust though, and he managed Fagner at Corinthians...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,083 posts | 4572 
      • YNWA
      Reply #119: Jun 22, 2018 08:16:52 am
      Brazil are still safe favourites for me. They don't have to fix much to be the best, just instruct them to play a bit more as a team. But I suppose there is always a desire to impress and steal the headlines on the first match. I think they have a couple more levels than other teams in terms of what sort of pace and control of the game they want. That first 25 minutes against the Swiss was excellent. So dynamic.

Switzerland are always capable of being spoilers against the big sides anyhow so no surprise that they managed to grind through it.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2018 08:27:38 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »

Quick Reply