Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

New Goalkeeper Thread?

Read 40585 times
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Re: New Goalkeeper Thread?
      Reply #46: Jul 05, 2018 06:37:06 pm
      Didn't like any goalkeeper we had since Dudek really, not even Reina. Karius was starting to grow on me until the CL final. I am not sure how much was concussion though. Karius career probably got Ramosed.

Dudek made so many mistakes, and mistakes against our arch rivals. Wouldn't call him a top keeper at all.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #47: Jul 05, 2018 07:07:17 pm
      Quick, which goalie would you prefer going with the following season after having these numbers the previous one:

Goalie A: 19 games started, 14 goals against, 10 clean sheets
      Goalie B: 24 games started, 23 goals against, 5 clean sheets
      Shot to save ratio is the most important stat, so it is impossible to say.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #48: Jul 05, 2018 07:11:02 pm
      Shot to save ratio is the most important stat, so it is impossible to say.

I got a better question for you, which one of these women is the most attractive and has the better genes:

Woman A: Blonde, Medium (Body), Tall (Height), Men & Female slept with 1
      Woman B: Brunette, Slim (Body), Short (Height) Men & Female slept with 11
      Woman C: Ginger, Slim (Body), Medium (Height) Men & Female slept with 4

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #49: Jul 05, 2018 09:09:27 pm
      Quick, which goalie would you prefer going with the following season after having these numbers the previous one:

Goalie A: 19 games started, 14 goals against, 10 clean sheets
      Goalie B: 24 games started, 23 goals against, 5 clean sheets

Depends who had Djimi Traore as one of his defenders ;-)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #50: Jul 05, 2018 09:20:12 pm
      I got a better question for you, which one of these women is the most attractive and has the better genes:

Blind Date's gone downhill since it's return on Channel 5!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #51: Jul 05, 2018 11:02:22 pm

Ha ha what the f**k are you on about Purp?

:D
      GegenPressClub
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts | 47 
      Reply #52: Jul 06, 2018 07:42:27 am

Clearly he is saying that selective stats don't necessarily paint the whole picture. Ok maybe not clearly hahaha but that's what he is saying.

Nonetheless, could I please be introduced to Woman B. She may not be a keeper, but we're not all in desperate need of acquiring keepers here...
      Kopite78
      Reply #53: Jul 06, 2018 07:43:25 am

I'm not sure truth be told

However I think I'd try to F**k A B and  C

All seem sound to me
      peter red in all
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #54: Jul 06, 2018 05:54:46 pm
      Hello, this is my first post, Goalkeepers!! as a red since 1964, I have seen some great keepers at our club.
      So despite our managers support and loyalty to L K. for me he is just not good enough.

JK has said he wants to win trophies, sorry JK you wont win with a dodgy keeper if you were willing to wait and spend 75m for V.V.D, how is he going to feel along with his fellow defenders in the new season knowing Karius is behind them, so far only Fabino has been bought for 43m a bargin, its what we have needed for a long time a strong defensive midfielder, come on Jürgen, you must know deep down that we cant afford Karius in goal, maybe you feel sympathy for him as a fellow countryman,but that will not be professional, and he knows it, he is quoted as saying no other keepers have impressed, is that a serious comment. oblak is 25 the worlds best 88m release fee,

go get him before its too late, with him in goal, to go with all our talent, what a Team we would be,

premier league and champions league would be in our sites and the money earned would pay off the 88m in double time. So are F.S.G. really serious to make us a top class sucessful Club, or a good one that can make them a regular profit. best regards Peter red in all. 

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #55: Jul 06, 2018 06:46:16 pm
      Hello, this is my first post, Goalkeepers!! as a red since 1964, I have seen some great keepers at our club.
      So despite our managers support and loyalty to L K. for me he is just not good enough.

JK has said he wants to win trophies, sorry JK you wont win with a dodgy keeper if you were willing to wait and spend 75m for V.V.D, how is he going to feel along with his fellow defenders in the new season knowing Karius is behind them, so far only Fabino has been bought for 43m a bargin, its what we have needed for a long time a strong defensive midfielder, come on Jürgen, you must know deep down that we cant afford Karius in goal, maybe you feel sympathy for him as a fellow countryman,but that will not be professional, and he knows it, he is quoted as saying no other keepers have impressed, is that a serious comment. oblak is 25 the worlds best 88m release fee,

go get him before its too late, with him in goal, to go with all our talent, what a Team we would be,

premier league and champions league would be in our sites and the money earned would pay off the 88m in double time. So are F.S.G. really serious to make us a top class sucessful Club, or a good one that can make them a regular profit. best regards Peter red in all. 

100% agree and a great first post, welcome.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #56: Jul 10, 2018 09:06:00 pm
      Karius another shocker tonight. Also just seen something in Twitter showing background before friendly last week couldn't even hold a shot in warm up going to be a massive risk not signing anyone else
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #57: Jul 10, 2018 09:10:30 pm
      Klopps get out of jail card is Mignolet. I dont think he wants to be our number 2. Klopp can replace Mignolet and hide behind the new competition for Karius line.

Migs out and a replacement brought in. It will probably be a cheap one but every chance whoever that may be could be an upgrade on what we have.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #58: Jul 10, 2018 09:13:25 pm
      He needs to leave, he wasn't good enough anyway and it's just cruel on him, and disasterous for the club, to pretend he can get back to the level we need.

Imagine when, and it will be when, he does that in a game that matters...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #59: Jul 10, 2018 09:16:35 pm
      Need to take him out the firing line again really. Not doing anyone any good at the moment.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #60: Jul 10, 2018 09:17:08 pm
      He needs to leave, he wasn't good enough anyway and it's just cruel on him, and disasterous for the club, to pretend he can get back to the level we need.

Imagine when, and it will be when, he does that in a game that matters...

May 27th mattered not good enough end of   and if Klopp does not replace him or at the very least get someone in to compete with him then any future mistakes he makes lie within
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #61: Jul 10, 2018 09:21:26 pm
      May 27th mattered not good enough end of   and if Klopp does not replace him or at the very least get someone in to compete with him then any future mistakes he makes lie within

I can see a case for rehabilitation if he was a great keeper who had an off night, but it was clear Klopp wanted a keeper, Alisson at least, even back then precisely because Karius hadn't nailed down the position.

What we have now is a keeper who hasn't ever shown he is good enough and who cost us a Champions League final and his mentally broken.

He's done. Sell.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #62: Jul 10, 2018 09:22:15 pm
      I've not seen any of the game yet, but I'm sensing Karius has dropped a clanger again?
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #63: Jul 10, 2018 09:25:23 pm
      I've not seen any of the game yet, but I'm sensing Karius has dropped a clanger again?

The force is strong with this one...… ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #64: Jul 10, 2018 09:27:51 pm
      The force is strong with this one...… ;D

I just watched what happened and I wish I hadn't! I was quite content pretending the ball going through his legs in the warm up at the weekend never happened, now this on top isn't filling me with confidence that he will be right for us going into the season. He's not quite made a convincing return has he.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #65: Jul 10, 2018 09:39:24 pm
      Need to take him out the firing line again really. Not doing anyone any good at the moment.

Why keep him, he's sh*te and he can't even catch a football for heavens sake.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #66: Jul 10, 2018 09:53:56 pm
      I will never be able to forget that Champions League final and I'm pretty sure he won't, either, and as much as I feel sorry for him in a sense, neither will the rest of the world. Can he deal with that constant pressure? I'm not too confident in that.

I have never been a big fan even before the final and never jumped into the bandwagon (just like with Moreno earlier in the season), and now the question marks are bigger than ever.

As much as people like to pretend knowing what Klopp thinks about goalkeepers, his actions show us the following: 1. he signed Karius to be our number 1 (for he was a started in the initial games of the season when we signed him); 2. he was unhappy with Karius performances, for he dropped Karius for a significant period of time; 3. he most likely is looking for an upgrade.

So really not even the "good enough for Klopp, good enough for me" type of comment really stands up to scrutiny. He might not be the most ruthless of managers especially when it comes to keepers but I doubt he's happy with this situation.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #67: Jul 10, 2018 10:12:05 pm
      At the end of last season thought our no.1 priority [by a very very long stretch] should be to sign a top keeper.
      Have spent a shitload of years watching our keepers cost us games, while other top sides had keepers who won them points.
      Mignolet has LONG outstayed his welcome - surely should've gone 2 years ago!! Would be depressing if he's at the club at start of next season.
      Karius cost us the CL final imho, and though I wouldn't write him off, starting next season with him as no.1 keeper would be bonkers given the money we've invested in other areas of the pitch.  It was VVDs influence, not Karius's, that improved us at the back. Karius had a decent season, but it was VVD that shored us up and covered some guys asses.

Would have hoped we'd get rid of Migs, have Karius as no.2, and signed a safe pair of hands for whatever it costed.

Great to sign Keita and Fab, but if we don't sign a quality keeper before end of summer, then us, our opposition, the dogs in the street will know our weakest point hasn't changed going into another season...
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #68: Jul 11, 2018 12:43:12 am
      The debate is no longer who is better Mignolet or Karius. For what it's worth, my opinion is that it's still Karius, but surely now we are all in agreement that neither are good enough and we simply cannot go into a season with either as our number 1.

I don't think Ward is good enough either, but it's very difficult to argue that he doesn't deserve a chance now if we don't sign a new keeper.

The keeper situation has been a shambles at Liverpool now for almost a decade which is criminal for a club of our size.

I said it repeatedly when Mignolet was in goal that we wouldn't win a thing while he was in net and the same now applies to Karius. I couldn't care less if it was a pre season game or not, that was horrendous goalkeeping tonight (yet again).

Jürgen, please for god sake sign a keeper and stop it with this loyality for these two clowns. It could potentially cost you your job one day.

Quick Reply