Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 192875 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1311: May 01, 2019 10:21:39 pm
      Disagree..

With a bit of different luck that game doesn't end like that

As I said not many managers make subs against the pattern of what it was at 1-0

Yep.

Gini looked lost first half but for about 20 mins in the second he settled and we were well on top.

As you say almost no coach is making a change when the games like that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1312: May 01, 2019 10:22:21 pm
      YNWA Boss.. 👊🏼
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1313: May 01, 2019 10:24:44 pm
      Last season when we lost to Madrid, Klopp wasted no time driving the recruitment and instantly got Fabinho in. If we finish this season empty handed again then I expect we will see another summer of us taking no prisoners in the transfer market.
      Games like tonight tend to highlight where you are still lacking.

The act we had to go with Gini up top instead of Origi or Sturridge I think speaks volumes so expect us to bring in a top quality attacker.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #1314: May 01, 2019 10:27:58 pm
      Last season when we lost to Madrid, Klopp wasted no time driving the recruitment and instantly got Fabinho in. If we finish this season empty handed again then I expect we will see another summer of us taking no prisoners in the transfer market.
      Games like tonight tend to highlight where you are still lacking.

The act we had to go with Gini up top instead of Origi or Sturridge I think speaks volumes so expect us to bring in a top quality attacker.

I'd be amazed if he doesn't.

Origi and Sturridge have no future here and I see us buying at least one forward and Brewster being the extra choice that Sturridge seemed to be.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1315: May 01, 2019 10:30:25 pm
      I'd be amazed if he doesn't.

Origi and Sturridge have no future here and I see us buying at least one forward and Brewster being the extra choice that Sturridge seemed to be.

Found myself thinking numerous times in the game that this is exactly when we need someone like Timo Werner. He’d have slotted in for Firmino perfectly IMO.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #1316: May 01, 2019 10:31:44 pm
      Found myself thinking numerous times in the game that this is exactly when we need someone like Timo Werner. He’d have slotted in for Firmino perfectly IMO.

Versatile forward will be our main signing this summer.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1317: May 01, 2019 10:38:57 pm
      Valverde did a bit of a number in Klopp in that second half by conceding possession and killing us on the counter.

Maybe we should have just settled for a 1-0 loss, probably don’t really have the players with that sort of mentality.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1318: May 01, 2019 10:49:30 pm
      Versatile forward will be our main signing this summer.

And a proper 9, please!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,299 posts | 4945 
      Reply #1319: May 01, 2019 10:51:25 pm

We have the perfect 9 for how we play.

We'll buy a player who can deputise properly for Firmino and also other positions along the front three.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1320: May 01, 2019 11:08:08 pm
      We have the perfect 9 for how we play.

We'll buy a player who can deputise properly for Firmino and also other positions along the front three.

An elite level No9 who is clinical would be much more important if we seriously want to win trophies.

Just look at tonight Salah and Mane 20+ goals in the league but would never say they are clinical, we just create so many chances.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 6404 
      Reply #1321: May 01, 2019 11:50:25 pm
      Valverde did a bit of a number in Klopp in that second half by conceding possession and killing us on the counter.

Maybe we should have just settled for a 1-0 loss, probably don’t really have the players with that sort of mentality.

That was my worry, that 1-0 was going to turn into worse if we weren’t smart. We started on the front foot and they soaked up most of our pressure. Have to wonder if we did get a bit tired in that second half chasing the game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1322: May 01, 2019 11:56:01 pm
      An elite level No9 who is clinical would be much more important if we seriously want to win trophies.

Just look at tonight Salah and Mane 20+ goals in the league but would never say they are clinical, we just create so many chances.

How can you say they aren’t clinical?! Suarez has 69 goals in 2 seasons as it stands. Firmino got just short of 50 in that time and Mane around 40.

Last season in the Champions League the 3 of them got 30 goals and 12 assists, a record for an attack of 3 players, ahead of Madrid on 28 and Barca 27.

If there’s something our attack lacks, it’s not being clinical. But you can’t expect them be on point every game, it simply doesn’t happen, for any team or any player.

Another knee-jerk post.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1323: May 01, 2019 11:57:13 pm
      How can you say they aren’t clinical?! Suarez has 69 goals in 2 seasons as it stands. Firmino got just short of 50 in that time and Mane around 40.

Last season in the Champions League the 3 of them got 30 goals and 12 assists, a record for an attack of 3 players, ahead of Madrid on 28 and Barca 27.

Another knee-jerk post.

Quite easily because when it matters we have not crossed the line!

When the pressure is on you don’t get 3-4 chances to convert one which is about what our front trio normally need.

That’s usually ok in the league but against the elite.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1324: May 02, 2019 12:00:30 am
      Quite easily because when it matters we have not crossed the line!

Do you see anyone else from last seasons SF or final in this years SF? I don’t.

City who are apparently the team to look at, where are they?

We are on 91 points in the league. You don’t get to a semi final of the champions league 2 years running and that many points if you aren’t clinical.
      If we had more luck in front of goal tonight, if Firmino didn’t have his shot cleared off the line or Salah didn’t hit the post then you wouldn’t be saying this. Your posts smacks of being knee-jerk.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1325: May 02, 2019 12:03:13 am
      Do you see anyone else from last seasons SF or final in this years SF? I don’t.

City who are apparently the team to look at, where are they?

We are on 91 points in the league. You don’t get to a semi final of the champions league 2 years running and that many points if you aren’t clinical.
      If we had more luck in front of goal tonight, if Firmino didn’t have his shot cleared off the line or Salah didn’t hit the post then you wouldn’t be saying this. Your posts smacks of being knee-jerk.

Luck or poor under pressure take your choice?

But going on about Luck is very Everton.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1326: May 02, 2019 12:05:25 am
      Luck or poor under pressure take your choice?

But going on about Luck is very Everton.

They’ve proven all season they can cope with pressure.

You’re clearly frustrated because I don’t believe for a second you’d be saying this normally.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #1327: May 02, 2019 12:12:25 am
      They’ve proven all season they can cope with pressure.

You’re clearly frustrated because I don’t believe for a second you’d be saying this normally.

Yeah maybe but pressure like this and the CL final last season is another level.

Until we start winning trophies then what I have said stands.
      Means nothing scoring a hatful against Huddersfield then missing sitters against arguably the best club team in the world.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1328: May 02, 2019 12:23:40 am
      Steam roll the bas**rds at Anfield Boss, let them know what we’re f***in about..
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #1329: May 02, 2019 12:26:45 am

If there’s something our attack lacks, it’s not being clinical. But you can’t expect them be on point every game, it simply doesn’t happen, for any team or any player.

Another knee-jerk post.
      Real Madrid went on to win the competition, and they had a players like Gareth Bale coming off the bench.

Barcelona were eliminated in the quarter finals.

Football is usually decided by moments, and in those key moments, I would rather have a Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo or in the finals, a Bale. When it mattered, Real Madrid could bring in Bale and Asensio to try and change the game and that is not something that Klopp has in depth. When it mattered today, Suarez took his chance, and Messi delivered a far better scoreline.

It did not matter that they messed up at least three counter attacks, one that ended up with a far better opportunity than Liverpool had because in the moments that mattered they had better quality. It is not just about accumulating stats from earlier ties where you play Spartak and Maribor. In those big games, when it matters, can you come through?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1330: May 02, 2019 01:04:09 am
      Honestly, anyone ripping him without logic or anyone not wanting him any longer or that are mad. Who else?

Debate his decisions, yeah. Discussion. That's fine, but suggesting or alluding to managerial change is crazy.

Again, who else?

Anyway

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1123716328165183495?s=19
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1331: May 02, 2019 01:25:57 am
      Barcelona were eliminated in the quarter finals.

Football is usually decided by moments, and in those key moments, I would rather have a Messi, Suarez,

You’d rather have Messi and Suarez yet say how they got eliminated in the quarter finals last year...Which takes me back to my earlier comment - who’s the only team from last years semi final at that stage again this year? Oh right, us, the team with forwards who aren’t clinical in big moments apparently.

It is not just about accumulating stats from earlier ties where you play Spartak and Maribor. In those big games, when it matters, can you come through?

You mean like putting 5 past City to eliminate them last year? Like putting 7 past Roma, 3 past Bayern, beating PSG, beating Napoli in a make or break game in the final group stage game?
      Or perhaps you mean like Mane scoring in the final?

But yeah, all that is irrelevant because it doesn’t fit your narrative of clocking up the stats vs sh*t like Maribor.

Honestly, there is a knee-jerk topic, I suggest some of you use it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1332: May 02, 2019 02:06:19 am
      Chin up Jürgen, we'll get these fuckers at Home.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #1333: May 02, 2019 07:25:59 am
      You’d rather have Messi and Suarez yet say how they got eliminated in the quarter finals last year...Which takes me back to my earlier comment - who’s the only team from last years semi final at that stage again this year? Oh right, us, the team with forwards who aren’t clinical in big moments apparently.

You mean like putting 5 past City to eliminate them last year? Like putting 7 past Roma, 3 past Bayern, beating PSG, beating Napoli in a make or break game in the final group stage game?
      Or perhaps you mean like Mane scoring in the final?

But yeah, all that is irrelevant because it doesn’t fit your narrative of clocking up the stats vs sh*t like Maribor.

Honestly, there is a knee-jerk topic, I suggest some of you use it.

Well said bud, I really despair at some of our fans and the sh*t they come out with.
      No way was last night a 3-0 defeat, but it was and we have to dust ourselves down and go again.
      We done it in Instanbul, we can do it it again at Anfield.

Quick Reply