Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186580 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #46: Jul 22, 2018 01:43:22 pm
      The last minute disaster in the VVD negotiations

How was it a last minute disaster? A last minute disaster is the signing of a player going down the pan at the last minute, such as Fekir. Saints from the 1st minute made it clear that under no circumstances was VVD coming to us in the summer. There was the embarrassing apology and all that crap but it certainly wasn’t a last minute disaster because like I said, they made it crystal clear that we wouldn’t be getting him then.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #47: Jul 22, 2018 11:27:02 pm
      One is the subject of this topic the other was on TV tonight.

There are many that have gone in between ...especially Bob ... but my footer says it all.

Klopp .......... Shankly.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Jul 22, 2018 11:31:58 pm
      The picture on top is the stuff of nightmares, just add Konchesky and Poulsen and that's a complete horror show, dark times indeed.

Cole was another who bled the Bank Of Anfield.

The best thing arse scratcher - face rubbing Hodgson ever said ... was after the Euro 16 debacle when asked to do a final press conference.

He said arrogantly

" I don't know what I'm doing here !"

F***ing right he didn't  nor at Anfield either.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #49: Jul 23, 2018 10:27:39 am
      The questions are just the Man United lovers whining, aren't they?

It's the manc press bullshitting and whining cos they've got F**k all to write about.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #50: Jul 23, 2018 10:32:33 am
      Cole was another who bled the Bank Of Anfield.

The best thing arse scratcher - face rubbing Hodgson ever said ... was after the Euro 16 debacle when asked to do a final press conference.

He said arrogantly

" I don't know what I'm doing here !"

F***ing right he didn't  nor at Anfield either.

Who the F**k appointed the sloth and for what purpose is a mystery Skip.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #51: Jul 23, 2018 11:09:42 pm
      If you're wondering what the boss is thinking about THIS season:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/23/Jürgen-klopp-liverpool-premier-league-ambitions

I am encouraged.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #52: Jul 24, 2018 01:57:28 am
      Who the f**k appointed the sloth and for what purpose is a mystery Skip.

Is right Stu.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #53: Jul 24, 2018 10:38:27 am
      Jürgen Klopp: Liverpool manager aware of trophies pressure
      Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says his team's "next step" is to win trophies but he "cannot give guarantees".

The Reds have spent nearly £250m - including record fees for a defender and keeper - in the past 12 months but have not won a competition since the 2012 League Cup.

They have lost three cup finals since Klopp took charge in October 2015 and were last champions of England in 1990.

"I know about the expectations and that is completely normal," said the German.

"We have the highest ambitions - 100%."

Liverpool broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper when they signed Brazil international Alisson from Roma earlier this month in a deal the Italian club said is worth up to £66.8m.

They also have the world's most expensive defender in the shape of £75m Netherlands centre-back Virgil van Dijk,

This summer, Guinea midfielder Naby Keita has arrived from RB Leipzig for about £50m, Brazil midfielder Fabinho has joined from Monaco in a deal that could be worth more than £40m, and Switzerland winger Xherdan Shaqiri has been recruited for £13m from Stoke.

However, they sold Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m in January.

"People will say that," said Klopp about winning trophies. "It is the next step and we need to be ready for that.

"I cannot give guarantees here but I understand if people think that.

"First of all, we have to play the football that gives us an opportunity to win something. We cannot talk about winning something before we start the season."

Liverpool lost the League Cup and Europa League finals in Klopp's first season in charge, while they were beaten by Real Madrid in last season's Champions League final.

In terms of the Premier League, Liverpool have finished eighth, fourth and fourth under the German.

"I am confident we can build on last season," he added.

"The football the boys played last year was not easy. There was a lot of work invested into playing like that. That's what we will do again. I am not in doubt about our basis or that we will reach it again."

Klopp expects the competition to be stronger this season and cited Premier League champions Manchester City breaking their transfer record to sign Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez for £60m from Leicester.

"Other teams, of course, will do transfer business as well. They will not be weaker than last year," said Klopp.

"City brought in Mahrez. I did not hear that they lost one player so far. So it means the quality of last year - plus Mahrez. That's a nice plan as well."

BBC

Only fair that the players start to feel the pressure of winning trophies.

In recent days I've seen people posting images of this seasons signings and then comparing them with the Roy Hodgson signings.  What people fail to mention is that, thanks probably to Kenny, that season we went on to win our last trophy.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #54: Jul 24, 2018 04:27:16 pm
      There are three trophies up for grabs every year domestically with six very strong teams seen as the most likely contenders so it is getting harder and harder to win things.

Champions League qualification these days is also massive any many fans would now rather Top Four than finishing 5th with the FA Cup.

It is time for this side to win a trophy but I feel these days the League Cup is meaningless and the FA Cup isn't enough. Both Van Gaal & Conte will testify to that!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #55: Jul 24, 2018 06:42:16 pm
      Jürgen Klopp: Liverpool manager aware of trophies pressure
      Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says his team's "next step" is to win trophies but he "cannot give guarantees".

The Reds have spent nearly £250m - including record fees for a defender and keeper - in the past 12 months but have not won a competition since the 2012 League Cup.

They have lost three cup finals since Klopp took charge in October 2015 and were last champions of England in 1990.

"I know about the expectations and that is completely normal," said the German.

"We have the highest ambitions - 100%."

Liverpool broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper when they signed Brazil international Alisson from Roma earlier this month in a deal the Italian club said is worth up to £66.8m.

They also have the world's most expensive defender in the shape of £75m Netherlands centre-back Virgil van Dijk,

This summer, Guinea midfielder Naby Keita has arrived from RB Leipzig for about £50m, Brazil midfielder Fabinho has joined from Monaco in a deal that could be worth more than £40m, and Switzerland winger Xherdan Shaqiri has been recruited for £13m from Stoke.

However, they sold Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona for £142m in January.

"People will say that," said Klopp about winning trophies. "It is the next step and we need to be ready for that.

"I cannot give guarantees here but I understand if people think that.

"First of all, we have to play the football that gives us an opportunity to win something. We cannot talk about winning something before we start the season."

Liverpool lost the League Cup and Europa League finals in Klopp's first season in charge, while they were beaten by Real Madrid in last season's Champions League final.

In terms of the Premier League, Liverpool have finished eighth, fourth and fourth under the German.

"I am confident we can build on last season," he added.

"The football the boys played last year was not easy. There was a lot of work invested into playing like that. That's what we will do again. I am not in doubt about our basis or that we will reach it again."

Klopp expects the competition to be stronger this season and cited Premier League champions Manchester City breaking their transfer record to sign Algeria winger Riyad Mahrez for £60m from Leicester.

"Other teams, of course, will do transfer business as well. They will not be weaker than last year," said Klopp.

"City brought in Mahrez. I did not hear that they lost one player so far. So it means the quality of last year - plus Mahrez. That's a nice plan as well."

BBC

Only fair that the players start to feel the pressure of winning trophies.

In recent days I've seen people posting images of this seasons signings and then comparing them with the Roy Hodgson signings.  What people fail to mention is that, thanks probably to Kenny, that season we went on to win our last trophy.

Season after mate ;)

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #56: Jul 24, 2018 08:33:05 pm
      It is time for this side to win a trophy but I feel these days the League Cup is meaningless and the FA Cup isn't enough. Both Van Gaal & Conte will testify to that!
      Would be a start for sure. Very different situations with the other 2 clubs there as they have had far more success in recent times. Liverpool (and Klopp) just need to get some silverware and build on that. I don’t think it can be underestimated how much winning a cup would mean to us, given both our and Klopp’s success in finals. We just need to get over that hurdle. I’ll be happy with a domestic cup, a good run in the CL and a significant challenge for the league title. Saying that, I feel we have a squad that could do better than that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #57: Jul 26, 2018 10:07:11 pm
      just watched the Shevchenko park programme on LFCTV its just mind-blowingly just f***in BOSS.
      When Shankly came in 59 he wanted to win the FA Cup for the Fans because the FA Cup was huge then and it took him a while and he did win the league prior to that.
      What is striking is the number of similarities with Jürgen taking over. I think we are in for a huge year with Jürgen but don't get bogged down with measuring success that's a bonus what is important is the journey along the way and to enjoy every single minute of it because he wont be here forever and we should cherish every single moment he is here because he really gets this club and has actually become the focus of the club just as Shankly did 60 years ago.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2018 10:08:28 pm
      its the stuff of nightmares
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #60: Jul 27, 2018 11:59:10 pm
      Klopp said Karius is on the bench tomorrow. So Kelleher and Grabara will fight it out for the No. 2 spot instead.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #61: Jul 28, 2018 12:00:18 am
      As posted in the General Transfer Thread since Maureen joined the Scum two years ago they have spent £392 m.
      We've spent £411 m.
      However taking into consideration money recouped we've taken in £289 m they've only taken in £85 m.

Net spends : £121 m us ...........  but £307 m the Scum.

Whose zoomin' who Maureen ?

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2018 01:37:08 am by MIRO »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #62: Jul 28, 2018 12:25:36 am
      As posted in the General Transfer Thread since Maureen joined the Scum two years ago they have spent £392 m.
      We've spent £411 m.
      However taking into consideration money recouped we've taken in £289 m they've only taken in £85 m.

Net spends : £121 us ...........  but £307 the Scum.

Whose zoomin' who Maureen ?

Cold, hard fact mate.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #63: Jul 28, 2018 05:41:11 pm
      Read earlier (made me remember some depressing times briefly). In 2010, with Woy as our manager, we saw the arrival of the following; Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Christian Poulsen, Paul Konchesky and Danny Wilson. Along with an attempt of signing Carlton Cole.
      Woy also said following a defeat, we weren’t too big to get relegated, lost to Northampton and he was saying how great the Mancs are.

Fast forward 7/8 years, with Klopp we’ve signed; Salah, Van Dijk, Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri and Alisson. We’ve got a manager that will join in with the fans singing, taking us to finals and generally dragged this club up from its knees with the end of the BR reign starting to approach the same look of the Woy reign.

Our boss is boss, it feels like a completely different club under Klopp. Hopefully we will get another addition or 2 this summer and really take next season by storm. Not forgetting we’ve done City 4 times running now.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #65: Jul 29, 2018 09:41:10 am
      We're going to win the leauge
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #66: Jul 29, 2018 10:49:43 am
      [/quote

Ssssshhhhhhhh 🤫
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #67: Jul 29, 2018 09:04:20 pm

Woy also said following a defeat, we weren’t too big to get relegated, lost to Northampton and he was saying how great the Mancs are.

To make his own position important he always was bigging up the opposition... whereas Rodgers always was making sound bites in pressers to impress the owners.
      Unfortunately,  neither was very clever at hiding their game play.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #68: Jul 29, 2018 10:43:15 pm

But when..

City scored 106 and only failed to win in 6 games...drawing 4 losing only 2.

We drew 12 and lost 5..and we even finished below Spurs.

So this coming season will not be some walk in the park just because we have spent millions. We will have to kill teams off and do it week in week out. I am under no illusion - this coming season is going to be very hard going. We have a stronger squad for sure but only by consistently killing off teams week in week out will we stand a chance. Take nothing for granted.

Quick Reply