Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186792 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #92: Aug 01, 2018 08:52:37 pm
      Boss Tha'
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #93: Aug 04, 2018 06:06:41 pm
      ...your great rivals have been Liverpool and they have a coach (Jürgen Klopp) who does laugh and smile and look pleased to be there.
      Former ManUnited attacker Brian McClair told Jose Mourinho stop making ass face ha ha.
      https://thefootballfaithful.com/manchester-united-legend-tells-mourinho-to-smile-more/
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #94: Aug 07, 2018 11:50:31 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #95: Aug 08, 2018 10:37:38 pm
      Have come oh so close to a trophy under Klopp but he really needs one this season or the media will have a field day with him after spending heavily this summer. Not something i want to deal with.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #96: Aug 08, 2018 10:48:08 pm
      Not something i want to deal with.

Who gives a flying F**k about what the media says?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #97: Aug 08, 2018 11:10:17 pm
      Who gives a flying f**k about what the media says?

In a way i do, because i enjoy reading articles about Liverpool and watch soccer shows such as ESPNFC. And i wouldn't put it past some on here to turn on him if we don't have a stellar season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #98: Aug 09, 2018 11:24:41 am
      This season there will be times where Hendo and Milly aren’t in the team, I’d like to see Klopp abandon his captaincy choices after that being based on who’s been at the club the longest. Last season we had Can even captain us, and he was already packing his bags. Need to start having our captain choices after the designated 2 based on leadership qualities, not club longevity. Just to keep the consistency if anything.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #99: Aug 09, 2018 10:39:56 pm
      This season there will be times where Hendo and Milly aren’t in the team, I’d like to see Klopp abandon his captaincy choices after that being based on who’s been at the club the longest. Last season we had Can even captain us, and he was already packing his bags. Need to start having our captain choices after the designated 2 based on leadership qualities, not club longevity. Just to keep the consistency if anything.

who cares? will a leader not lead unless he is wearing the arm band?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #100: Aug 10, 2018 05:44:56 am
      who cares? will a leader not lead unless he is wearing the arm band?

Obviously you do or you wouldn’t have replied and then asked the question.

I’m not asking people to care, I’m giving my opinion, something you do plenty of.
      « Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018 05:50:03 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #101: Aug 10, 2018 10:04:19 am

Wondering if he did the same thing at Dortmund?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #102: Aug 10, 2018 01:59:54 pm

Klopp seems to go in part by seniority (Can last season, Albie on Tuesday come to mind), but to me Virgil already looks, acts and speaks like a captain. If there's such a thing as having two associate captains, I'd make him the other.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #103: Aug 10, 2018 02:08:51 pm
      Klopp seems to go in part by seniority (Can last season, Albie on Tuesday come to mind), but to me Virgil already looks, acts and speaks like a captain. If there's such a thing as having two associate captains, I'd make him the other.

In the NHL the teams have 2 assistant captains (usually) and wear an "A" on their jersey for it, but in soccer only the captain wears the band. Virgil does seem to act like a leader on the team but in general who wears the arm band seems quite overrated to me. Virgil will continue to organize that back line all day long whether he is wearing one or not.

I believe Migs has worn the arm band under Klopp, so it seems he does not care all that much about it either.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #104: Aug 10, 2018 02:14:42 pm
      Club Captain is the more important role I think, and that's Henderson.
      Team captain on the day, not really a big deal.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #105: Aug 10, 2018 02:29:15 pm

The way Klopp has handed it around I don't think he's arsed that much by it.  Probably easier to write a list of players who haven't captained the reds for a game. I think he's definitely more of 'you're all captains' mentality. 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #106: Aug 10, 2018 03:52:44 pm
      Barca just announced 4 captains. No biggie for me really. Think the squad is quite in tune and sync with one another this would be a formality of sorts.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #107: Aug 10, 2018 05:27:22 pm
      Well I want to personally thank Jürgen for all his incredible efforts so far and wish him success for season 18/19 its going to be his best ever.
      YNWA Jürgen.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #108: Aug 11, 2018 07:37:14 pm
      Most foreign coach's are not that bothered who is captain, and seem baffled when it's seen as an issue.

I don't think it's essential that we have a set captain, but I think it's essential that a captain is a natural leader of people. He is the coach's voice on the pitch to the players, and he needs to be able to lead, delegate, and organise effectively. And obviously speak the language fluently.

Which may be an issue when Moreno and Firmino are handed the armband...
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #109: Aug 12, 2018 05:41:08 pm
      Harrisimo

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #110: Aug 12, 2018 07:15:47 pm
      Club Captain is the more important role I think, and that's Henderson.
      Team captain on the day, not really a big deal.

Correct...and the fans shouldn't make a big deal if Henderson isn't a first pick. Next close season, if Henderson has slipped down the pecking order, will be the time to look at it again but Henderson is the man for the job this season.
      Harrisimo

• 7,971 posts | 1356 
      Reply #111: Aug 12, 2018 07:22:47 pm
      Probably the hardest decision for Klopp will be if Studge or Shaq do well. Bobby might come under pressure. No manager in the current era wants an easy " same 11" call week in week out.

We used to pride ourselves on only using 13-14 players per season. Bill and Bob did exactly that year in year out but it's not going to happen in this era. It's obviously more of a squad game and Klopp will want the "bench" to put as much pressure on the selected team as possible.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #112: Aug 12, 2018 07:34:17 pm
      Probably the hardest decision for Klopp will be if Studge or Shaq do well. Bobby might come under pressure. No manager in the current era wants an easy " same 11" call week in week out.

We used to pride ourselves on only using 13-14 players per season. Bill and Bob did exactly that year in year out but it's not going to happen in this era. It's obviously more of a squad game and Klopp will want the "bench" to put as much pressure on the selected team as possible.

Not for me mate, Bobby is probably the most important player on the pitch for me.

He makes most things happen and I think if we swapped him for Studge or Shaq our goal tally would drop massively.

Plus he starts the press most of the time and the amount of times he is back near our own half winning the ball back is vital to how we play.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #113: Aug 13, 2018 09:21:41 am
      I think Jürgen has said on many occasions how highly he rates Bobby. He has the best squad he has ever managed and this season is going to be his best ever as a manager
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #114: Aug 13, 2018 01:37:20 pm
      Who gives a flying f**k about what the media says?

Precisely. The minute we start to worry about media reaction is the minute we stop prioritizing football above the media.

Klopp's a genius at this, he doesn't take on the media and neither does he serve them, just let's the media do their parasitic thing whilst keeping the team focused.

Quick Reply