Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 188263 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #115: Aug 13, 2018 05:39:14 pm
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,385 posts | 1455 
      Reply #116: Aug 14, 2018 10:56:19 am
      Precisely. The minute we start to worry about media reaction is the minute we stop prioritizing football above the media.

Klopp's a genius at this, he doesn't take on the media and neither does he serve them, just let's the media do their parasitic thing whilst keeping the team focused.
      Very true,were as kenny was the opposite as a player & a manager
      He very often loved taking on  all corners of the media & more often than not made them look like the bellends they were / are and would often take the piss out of them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #117: Aug 31, 2018 02:38:28 am
      Tough set of fixtures coming up for the boss and I love it. Go back a few years and we’d have been concerned about such a hard set of games, but now, go into them with every confidence that we can win the lot. Sets of fixtures can make your season, we win them and we are taken very seriously about winning silverware this season and the confidence and momentum it will create within the squad will be fantastic.

Bring it on!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #118: Sep 15, 2018 06:37:25 pm
      All things considered, 5 out of 5 with three of those victories coming in tough away grounds is an excellent start to the season.

Keep it up boss!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #119: Sep 16, 2018 06:25:21 am
      No it's not I know better than Klopp but I hate to see he take TAA out, put Matip in then move Gomez out wide near end of game, that's few times already proof just causing us struggle, last game at Wembly also the same. 
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #120: Sep 16, 2018 09:02:14 am
      No it's not I know better than Klopp but I hate to see he take TAA out, put Matip in then move Gomez out wide near end of game, that's few times already proof just causing us struggle, last game at Wembly also the same. 

different ways to look at it tho. Nervous last mins. take out Taa becuase he is very young, move gomez to RB and have experience in the heart of defence. Matip isnt a bad player. I would have been more nervous if it was Skrtel coming in but matip knows what he is doing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #121: Sep 16, 2018 09:13:18 am

We must be watching different games. They were causing a few problems when TAA was still on, they were looking to get in down his side, right change by Klopp IMO.

Last time at Wembley this wasn’t an issue at all, the issue was through the middle and Lovren getting torn to pieces.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #122: Sep 16, 2018 11:05:36 am
      We must be watching different games. They were causing a few problems when TAA was still on, they were looking to get in down his side, right change by Klopp IMO.

Last time at Wembley this wasn’t an issue at all, the issue was through the middle and Lovren getting torn to pieces.

Sorry mate I said last game at Wembly I mean yesterday game not last season.

IMO just a few minutes left I don't see benefit bring on a cb, especially not an excellent one just to break the well paired of VvD and Gomez. How about bring in Fabinho to replace TAA?

Ofcourse we win the match but, again just my opinion I'm not confident Matip can help our defense as I saw few times we concede goal after Klopp made similar substitutions. Also I don't say it's Matip mistake but my point is such a change, with the cb pair playing well seem not improve our overall defense.   
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #123: Sep 16, 2018 11:55:37 am
      Glad for him to shake of this "wembley curse" don't think Jürgen would have given the slightest F**k though.

It will at least stop the media gobshites writting about it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #124: Sep 18, 2018 11:12:30 pm
      Lot of people questioned his midfield trio tonight but as usual Jürgen knows best and they were immense tonight. The new players can look on and know if they want to get into this team they are going to have to perform when they get a chance.

10 out of 10 for the Boss tonight
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #125: Sep 18, 2018 11:47:21 pm
      Lot of people questioned his midfield trio tonight but as usual Jürgen knows best and they were immense tonight. The new players can look on and know if they want to get into this team they are going to have to perform when they get a chance.

10 out of 10 for the Boss tonight

Absolutely mate, these 3 lads got us through the knockout stages of the Champions League last season (along with Ox) so I've got no problem with Klopp keeping faith and showing loyalty to players who did the club proud last season. Gigi is currently having his best spell since joining the club, Milner has been our best midfielder and Hendo (despite what many will tell you) is playing solid, dependable football in a side that looks far more resilient than it has in 7-8 years. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #126: Sep 19, 2018 02:34:23 am
      For his first game in charge, we went into the game on 17th October 2015 with a bench of Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Ibe, Allen, Texeira and Sinclair.
      Fast forward just under 3 years and we are going into a game against PSG, who have some of the worlds best players (including the 2 most expensive players in the world), benching Naby Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Roberto Firmino, Shaqiri, Matip and Migs. Although the last 2 names, certainly the last name for sure isn’t good enough, that’s a bench that is stronger than our starting 11 in Klopps first game. Unbelievable the transformation in less than 3 years, which has already included back to back CL qualifications, cup finals and our best start to a season since the 60s if I’m right in saying.

I can’t help but wonder what might have been had we gotten Klopp sooner.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,982 posts | 512 
      Reply #127: Sep 19, 2018 11:55:48 am
      After we we signed Keita, Fabinho, and seemed to be about to sign Fekir, my concern was that we could end up dropping our existing midfielders to the 2nd string. People were talking about how we would have an all new midfield 3 this season. That would have been crazy imo. After the effort Jürgen got from Milner, Gini and Hendo last season, there is no way the 3 of them should have been rewarded by becoming back up players.

I didn't think Jürgen would do it, but there was some doubt, because when a manager spends big money on players the tendency is that those guys have to start. By showing his faith in our existing 3, Jürgen has shown why he is a great man manager. He has sent the message that if you are in possession of the jersey and you are giving it everything and playing well, you keep the jersey. Those, criminally under-rated, 3 rewarded him last night, they were all superb, and the key to what was a great team performance.

Keita and Fab will get plenty of chances this season, but Jürgen ( and our existing midfielders) have sent the message that if you want to be a first pick, you're going to have pull up trees. And when a team gets that vibe about it, it wins things.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #128: Sep 22, 2018 12:09:45 am
      Just seen the clip from today's press conference where he gets asked whether Salah is having a bit of a slump. "What was it he scored last year" Reporter responds saying 6 in 6 and so far it's 2 in 6, Klopp's response: "yeah wow what a crisis!!"

Absolute spot-on answer from Klopp!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #129: Sep 22, 2018 03:01:35 am
      After we we signed Keita, Fabinho, and seemed to be about to sign Fekir, my concern was that we could end up dropping our existing midfielders to the 2nd string. People were talking about how we would have an all new midfield 3 this season. That would have been crazy imo. After the effort Jürgen got from Milner, Gini and Hendo last season, there is no way the 3 of them should have been rewarded by becoming back up players.

I didn't think Jürgen would do it, but there was some doubt, because when a manager spends big money on players the tendency is that those guys have to start. By showing his faith in our existing 3, Jürgen has shown why he is a great man manager. He has sent the message that if you are in possession of the jersey and you are giving it everything and playing well, you keep the jersey. Those, criminally under-rated, 3 rewarded him last night, they were all superb, and the key to what was a great team performance.

Keita and Fab will get plenty of chances this season, but Jürgen ( and our existing midfielders) have sent the message that if you want to be a first pick, you're going to have pull up trees. And when a team gets that vibe about it, it wins things.

For the same reason that Klopp has been right to keep choosing those three (because they are playing well), it would have been no problem to sign and then start three new midfielders if the incomings were in fact the ones playing better at the time. No doubt those guys are deserving their opportunities and worked hard last season, but at a club of this size, with this ambition, selections must only be on merit, and not legacy. If he had chosen three new guys for the starting XI based on who he thought would give us the best chance of winning matches and trophies, it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #130: Sep 23, 2018 03:42:40 am
      Put Sturridge in the team vs PSG...goal and good performance

Put Matip and Shaqiri in vs Saints. Matip goal and clean sheet, Shaqiri 2 assists.

Just the rotation and depth we have been lacking in years.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #131: Sep 23, 2018 07:31:47 am
      Think back to when this place was awash with people questioning him and bringing out the points per game argument and making comparisons with Brendan *shudders*.

Thank F**k were beyond that now.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #132: Sep 23, 2018 08:30:12 am
      Put Sturridge in the team vs PSG...goal and good performance

Put Matip and Shaqiri in vs Saints. Matip goal and clean sheet, Shaqiri 2 assists.

Just the rotation and depth we have been lacking in years.

So true. We need to two teams to win things. We will rotate on Wednesday and still be competitive.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,385 posts | 1455 
      Reply #133: Sep 23, 2018 09:31:01 am
      Just seen the clip from today's press conference where he gets asked whether Salah is having a bit of a slump. "What was it he scored last year" Reporter responds saying 6 in 6 and so far it's 2 in 6, Klopp's response: "yeah wow what a crisis!!"

Absolute spot-on answer from Klopp!
      I'm convinced some of these so called sports writers get their questions from the back of a cornflakes box
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #134: Sep 23, 2018 09:59:33 am
      I get the feeling new players need to be Klopperised before they can be trusted. They haven't had an effect so far so that all good for further improvement. Looking back to Robbo look how well Klopp brought him in and kept all the pressure off him.

The message for Shaqiri yesterday was the team comes first, second, third, always.. I am looking forward to Wednesday because if you get picked you are going to have to play really well to get into the team for the League game at the weekend.

Happy Days
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,313 posts | 180 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #135: Sep 25, 2018 05:30:27 pm
      I get the feeling new players need to be Klopperised before they can be trusted. They haven't had an effect so far so that all good for further improvement. Looking back to Robbo look how well Klopp brought him in and kept all the pressure off him.

The message for Shaqiri yesterday was the team comes first, second, third, always.. I am looking forward to Wednesday because if you get picked you are going to have to play really well to get into the team for the League game at the weekend.

Happy Days

I deffo need some klopperising too
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #136: Sep 25, 2018 06:27:36 pm

Happy Days
      Can't we just say Klopped? Klopperised.
      Klopperised seems a big unnecessarily long.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 513 
      Reply #137: Sep 26, 2018 08:14:07 am
      Can't we just say Klopped? Klopperised.
      Klopperised seems a big unnecessarily long.

Fcuk me Rib, do you have to pick holes in everything.  :mad:

Quick Reply