Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186717 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #138: Sep 26, 2018 09:29:48 am
      Agreed (for once with Rib.) Klopped is much more suitable
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #139: Sep 26, 2018 12:28:17 pm
      I vote Klopperised. It sounds like a process. Klopped sounds like a smack on the head.

Or like something Madeline Kahn would say in Blazing Saddles -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gc54bZd6Q

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #140: Sep 26, 2018 12:32:07 pm

Fcuk me Rib, do you have to pick holes in everything.  :mad:

He is like a Pile on your arse you have had for a while you know it should be removed but you just get used to having it.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #141: Sep 26, 2018 04:17:33 pm
      What about "kloppered"?

I do think Klopperised might be the right choice here, though.

My mom is smart so I'd trust me
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #142: Sep 26, 2018 04:22:19 pm
      Keep thinking about the transformation of our team under this man. It’s truly remarkable.

Some of the talent he’s been able to sign and bring through the ranks has been incredible.

What ever happens this season, this guy has been a revelation. The football we play is out of this world, simply stunning modern cutting edge football.

Moments like PSG and Dortmund and our champions league last year have genuinely made my life better - on every level.

F***ing love supporting this club.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #143: Sep 26, 2018 04:23:39 pm
      I do admit I like Klopparberg... 😎

Jst add L for Liverpool and its perfecto...
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #144: Sep 28, 2018 11:52:07 pm
      Klobbered is a good headline for those opponents who we batter out of sight.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #145: Oct 03, 2018 04:54:08 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/m0000jvw. Go to about 2 hours 52 for the Echo and the bunnyman song!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #146: Oct 04, 2018 01:29:18 am
      Klopp needs to start adjusting. We're running the same XI out there basically every game and we're stale right now, particularly up front. The loss of Lallana and Ox feels greater now than ever but at least Shaqiri and Sturridge need to be given bigger roles and not just the crumbs at the end of a game or the random start.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #147: Oct 04, 2018 04:22:31 am
      Outfoxed by Ancelotti tonight and all round bad day at the office.

Could have achieved the same result with a second string side and allowed the others to rest for City. We looked leggy and are feeling the intensity of difficult back to back fixtures. Sure the heavy pitch abd 90 minutes with short turn around time wouldn't have helped.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #148: Oct 04, 2018 06:57:34 am
      Klopp needs to start adjusting. We're running the same XI out there basically every game and we're stale right now, particularly up front. The loss of Lallana and Ox feels greater now than ever but at least Shaqiri and Sturridge need to be given bigger roles and not just the crumbs at the end of a game or the random start.

Lallana is no real loss, he’s barely played in the last 18months and has only ever had the one half decent season with us anyway. Lallana would have followed the mould of every other player in the game. I agree with the rest though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #149: Oct 04, 2018 07:21:14 am
      I’ll be honest.. From kick off I couldn’t get into the game, atmosphere felt crap, stadium looked empty & the pitch looked sh*t.. one of those results were we just never got going..& I don’t think Ancelotti got the better of Klopp..A draw would have been a decent result..

Hopefully we should be fully charged against City.. Tough couple of weeks we’ve had..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #150: Oct 04, 2018 07:42:08 am
      I’ll be honest.. From kick off I couldn’t get into the game, atmosphere felt crap, stadium looked empty & the pitch looked sh*t.. one of those results were we just never got going..& I don’t think Ancelotti got the better of Klopp..A draw would have been a decent result..

Hopefully we should be fully charged against City.. Tough couple of weeks we’ve had..

I think Jürgen planned on getting to the 2nd international break with pretty much last season’s team and give himself time to bed the new boys in.

We just seem to be suddenly, woefully short of legs in the middle - Milner especially needs resting after his start - and it’s hurting us at the moment.

Baby and Fab aren’t yet on the money and the front three aren’t firing.......

BUT some folks do need to remember we’re unbeaten and top of the league, we were outstanding against a really good Chelsea side Saturday and we’ve got so much to come........
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #151: Oct 04, 2018 08:07:00 am
      Still think he need rest few players, Trent and milner and mane even one or two more look really slow lack energy, we sadly going have play some back up players in squad next couple games, l like see Jones in midfield boy got lot skill and energy l give him chance
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #152: Oct 04, 2018 09:15:21 am
      I agree with what Klopp said, it is his fault. Playing defensive against an Italian side. Ridiculous.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #153: Oct 04, 2018 09:40:42 am
      when we created so little, I think it was obvious that a couple of changes shouldve been made at HT...this one is on Jürgen, as they say
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #154: Oct 04, 2018 09:45:26 am
      Got it wrong last night.
      Not so much the team selection,
      but from the point at which Keita went off the selections were negative.
      Sturridge should have had 20 minutes on there to give Napoli something to worry about,
      and Salah should have been taken off.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #155: Oct 04, 2018 10:19:04 am
      Got it wrong last night.
      Not so much the team selection,
      but from the point at which Keita went off the selections were negative.
      Sturridge should have had 20 minutes on there to give Napoli something to worry about,
      and Salah should have been taken off.
      Points...
      I do not think that Klopp got the selection wrong as such. I think that last night so many of our players were under par and it may have baffled Klopp as sure as it did us...

Keita was giving the ball away left,right and centre before his injury, and this was occurring thought out the team... The front three was staved of any real service, and the service that they did receive lacked any real quality..

I would have liked to have seen something a bit different in that I would have liked to seen Shaqiri bought on at the start of the second half for Gini or Milner; both of whom were having little impact on the game, and either giving Shaqiri a free role behind the front three, or playing him as the centre of the three strikers with Firmino playing just behind the front three. We All know that given the time to pick a pass that he is very close to Coutinho in that respect

I believe that the problem we are having with our strikers is that Mo Salah's lack of form is in many ways linked to Firmino's lack of form...Firmino is very much the force which drives Mane and Salah. Firmino is very much the creative one of the front three, the one who makes those little flicks,passes and runs to take out defenders. This is not the same player that when to the World Cup...

I think that taking off Salah just leads to him being more frustrated than he already is, which leads to him making bad decisions on the field... We need to keep all three on the field but help them get better service, which in time will boost thier confidence and start the goals coming again, and for me it is playing Shaqiri...

We cannot rely on Daniel Sturrigde coming off the bench every match to rescue us 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #156: Oct 04, 2018 02:18:09 pm
      Points...
      I do not think that Klopp got the selection wrong as such. I think that last night so many of our players were under par and it may have baffled Klopp as sure as it did us...

Keita was giving the ball away left,right and centre before his injury, and this was occurring thought out the team... The front three was staved of any real service, and the service that they did receive lacked any real quality..

I would have liked to have seen something a bit different in that I would have liked to seen Shaqiri bought on at the start of the second half for Gini or Milner; both of whom were having little impact on the game, and either giving Shaqiri a free role behind the front three, or playing him as the centre of the three strikers with Firmino playing just behind the front three. We All know that given the time to pick a pass that he is very close to Coutinho in that respect

I believe that the problem we are having with our strikers is that Mo Salah's lack of form is in many ways linked to Firmino's lack of form...Firmino is very much the force which drives Mane and Salah. Firmino is very much the creative one of the front three, the one who makes those little flicks,passes and runs to take out defenders. This is not the same player that when to the World Cup...

I think that taking off Salah just leads to him being more frustrated than he already is, which leads to him making bad decisions on the field... We need to keep all three on the field but help them get better service, which in time will boost thier confidence and start the goals coming again, and for me it is playing Shaqiri...

We cannot rely on Daniel Sturrigde coming off the bench every match to rescue us 

I didn't say Klopp got the selection wrong, but I do think his changes were either the wrong one at the time,
      or too little too late. Gini has shown his best form as a 6. Outside of that himself and Henderson seem to make too many of the same runs, much in the same way as Keita moves into the same spaces as Mane or Firmino in some situations and it leads to the wrong option/pass being made.

That said the strongest XI started. However the front 3 is not firing right.
      Not convinced it's World Cup hangover from Firmino as he wasn't used much,
      but maybe he hasn't had the pre-season he need, but I do think Salah is still
      recovering from injury.

Those factors need to be taken into account and there is an argument to be made that
      1 - Shaqiri should have come on to create movement between the lines when Napoli were deep.
      2 - Sturridge should have been given more than the cameo he was given.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #157: Oct 04, 2018 09:13:27 pm
      I didn't say Klopp got the selection wrong
      No you did not mate... Sorry if i made it sound like you did
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #158: Oct 07, 2018 09:35:33 pm
      After watching his post match press conference of the City game I am disappointed by Jürgen. He looked happy and praised his team. City had 3 top chances, we had 0 top chances and we played at home. That's not good enough, esp. because it repeats what happened in Napoli. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #159: Oct 07, 2018 10:13:59 pm
      After watching his post match press conference of the City game I am disappointed by Jürgen. He looked happy and praised his team. City had 3 top chances, we had 0 top chances and we played at home. That's not good enough, esp. because it repeats what happened in Napoli. 

A show of ignorance again from this clown.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #160: Oct 07, 2018 11:00:31 pm
      I am disappointed by Jürgen. He looked happy and praised his team.

Mourinho might be the manager for you.
      He's only across the Pennines.

Quick Reply