Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 189514 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #736: Feb 24, 2019 08:36:42 pm
      Fair point.

65 minutes.
      Kopite78
      Reply #737: Feb 24, 2019 08:37:42 pm

Spot on now 😀
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #738: Feb 24, 2019 09:15:34 pm
      Yeah, Salah was poor, but I think I would have preferred to have seen Sturridge go off, at least with Salah, he is more consistent at producing something out of  nothing.

Don’t actually know what Sturridge done other than take a shot from 35 yards.
      Half the time he was either stood alongside Salah, Mane and then Origi. Useless.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #739: Feb 25, 2019 06:51:43 am

WTF ?
      That's 53k them greedy kunts have had off Jürgen this season,  what i want to know is what happens to the money,  or who pockets it more like, anyone got any ideas ?

YNWA

I don;'t know what they do with the money but it would have been double that if they had decided to fine him for running on the ground.

Don’t actually know what Sturridge done other than take a shot from 35 yards.
      Half the time he was either stood alongside Salah, Mane and then Origi. Useless.

Yep Sturridge was terrible. I was watching him and he actually looked like he was pretending to jog. Did my head in. There was a point in the match where he was in our half of the pitch and he watched their CB just stroll out of defence as he pretended to be interested and let him get a pass in that eventually led to Alisson making that wonderful save.

He's a gonner and as much as I loved Daniel Sturridge, he has no place in our Team anymore and would have Origi come on before him every single time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #740: Feb 25, 2019 09:41:35 am
      He's a gonner and as much as I loved Daniel Sturridge, he has no place in our Team anymore and would have Origi come on before him every single time.

With you on that 100%

Aswell as Origi being unorthodox, with him over Sturridge, we get someone who has that ability to... erm.. run.

Studge is done. I think he will retire at the end of the season and go full in with the record label he's got going. He'll know as well as anyone that he's done.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #741: Feb 25, 2019 11:31:05 am

Studge is done. I think he will retire at the end of the season and go full in with the record label he's got going. He'll know as well as anyone that he's done.

Enter Harry Wilson.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #742: Feb 25, 2019 12:33:55 pm
      I know why he does it, but I never really feel confident about winning a game when we have Hendo/Gini/Fabinho in the same three, swap Milner in for Hendo and i would still have the same fears. We just lack that bit of creativity and urgency going forward and as an opposing manager i would just think to give them all the space in the world and wait for the counter. Think if Klopp started with the same three that played against Bayern it would have really sent a message to united.

Substitutions have always been something I query Klopp on, timings and actual personnel changes.

Yesterday, if we put TAA or Keita on at half-time, it would have sent a real message to United that we were going to throw everything at them.

Also, Sturridge for Firmino wasn't the right call, not that Sturridge did anything wrong, but he didn't do much right either did he? Shaqiri out on the right and Salah through the middle would have made more sense to me, especially with Salah struggling so much out on the right.

As someone will most likely remind me i am no expert and Klopp knows better but that's just my two cents on Klopps performance on Sunday.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #743: Feb 25, 2019 12:36:48 pm

Very impressed with Young Harry's performance this season I hope he can find a place next season
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #744: Feb 26, 2019 11:07:31 pm
      Feeling sorry for Jürgen at the moment. He is wringing every single ounce of energy out of this Squad but it looks like there may not be enough. When you are sending Origi on the pitch in the midst of a title race it must be very frustrating for him. If Sturridge was a horse he would have been shot 2 years ago.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #745: Feb 26, 2019 11:08:18 pm

Shame we can't recall him.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      Reply #746: Feb 27, 2019 11:18:21 pm
      Sorry for spamming the forum, but i am so happy with Today's performance and although the players played a massive part so did this man.

Really questioned the lineup in regards to Divock and James but both players rewarded the gaffers faith with brilliant performances, to have James in midfield allowed our full backs to really press on as Milly was able to slot into the fullback positions when needed. Divock out on the left allowed Mane to be a bit more adventurous through the middle while giving Mo the license to attack that right wing again and again.

Well played gaffer, look forward to any surprises you may have in store come Sunday!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #747: Feb 27, 2019 11:21:47 pm
      Feeling sorry for Jürgen at the moment. He is wringing every single ounce of energy out of this Squad but it looks like there may not be enough. When you are sending Origi on the pitch in the midst of a title race it must be very frustrating for him. If Sturridge was a horse he would have been shot 2 years ago.

https://youtu.be/OmBxVfQTuvI
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1395 
      Reply #748: Feb 27, 2019 11:37:50 pm
      It won't be easy if we get a major injury to one of the front 3 so it is important for Origi to get game time. I said this 2/3 weeks ago and I was jumped on. As is often the case posts get misunderstood. I wasn't saying Origi should be in before anybody.But he needed game time, he got that tonight and did well.

The midfield squad is well topped up, so any money Klopp has must be used on fresh strikers, serious goal threat, no matter what happens this season.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #749: Feb 28, 2019 02:23:19 am
      Mane through the centre was genius.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #750: Mar 03, 2019 06:17:30 pm
      Hooking off Mane.. boring midfield 3, Shaqiri left on the bench and Lallana getting the nod? It's not that Everton were good it's because Klopp and our front 3 bottled it. We clearly needed more in the transfer window too, we've got nothing when our front 3 need a change.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #751: Mar 03, 2019 08:02:50 pm
      Love Klopp but I wish he would stop shoehorning Milner into big games.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      Reply #752: Mar 03, 2019 08:08:51 pm
      An away game of this magnitude did not need a midfield three of Hendo, Gini & Fabinho. For me that midfield set the tone of the game, negative.

Henderson for me was the best out of the three so when the sub came it was essential Gini came off but not for a like for like player, we needed that bit of creativity going forward, bringing on Milner for him made no sense to me.

Mane off for Lallana? Made absolutely no sense, he wasn't having his best game but none of our front three was but his speed was really causing Everton problems. How Lallana gets the nod ahead of Shaq or Keita I dont know.

Hopefully Klopp takes note of this and looks to forward away games with more positivity, the same issues we faced against United cropped up again today and we had no answer, hopefully we will learn from this.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #753: Mar 03, 2019 08:18:24 pm
      Blaming the wind. Come on Boss don't give the vultures any more ammunition
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,241 posts | 2817 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #754: Mar 03, 2019 10:41:23 pm
      Is he showing signs of pressure? Watching motd close ups of him.i didnt pick up on live he doesnt look like his usual self

oh F**k he just blamed the wind
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #755: Mar 04, 2019 01:00:45 am
      Is he showing signs of pressure? Watching motd close ups of him.i didnt pick up on live he doesnt look like his usual self

oh F**k he just blamed the wind

He's only human Bri and has to be feeling it a little and because he wants it so bad as well.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #756: Mar 04, 2019 01:17:22 am

oh f**k he just blamed the wind

F**k it off will you!

You’re watching close ups of him are you, body language expert now too?

You’re buying into the F***ing Sky and media agenda bollocks.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #757: Mar 04, 2019 02:43:00 am
      I still can't believe he brought on Adam Lallana For Sadio? What the actual f**k?

Can't remember the last time Adam even scored, yet we have a super sub sitting on the bench in Shaq, who has more creativity in his left toe, then Adam does.

Think he should have taken off Hendo for Milner/Keita, Bobby for Origi and Shaq for Gini.

Disappointed with that but 9 games to go to rectify that sh*t result.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #758: Mar 04, 2019 03:36:26 am
      Love Klopp but I wish he would stop shoehorning Milner into big games.

Milner was useless today. Should have been Keita or Lallana instead of Milner.

Lallana showed more in his 10 minute cameo than Milner did in 40.

Quick Reply