Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition

Read 186756 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager - 2018/19 Edition
      Reply #1265: Apr 24, 2019 06:41:01 pm
      Re playing vs. Messi (trying to change subject), Jürgen will make sure everyone knows that if you so much as breathe on him it's a free kick. Don't get me wrong, he has otherworldly talent, but the referees bend over backwards for him. Possession is our best defense. Their midfield isn't what it was with Xavi and Iniesta, so hopefully we can enjoy a lot of it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1266: Apr 24, 2019 06:52:28 pm
      You know how it is mate, they're getting their ducks in a row in case we don't win the title.
      That and the fact Klopp said anyone who thinks what they think is an idiot, which was proven maybe 10 minutes after Shabs posted the video.
      Those banging the Clyne drum surely havnt looked at his last two seasons with us , to say he would have been our saviour is quite laughable .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1267: Apr 24, 2019 07:01:55 pm
      Those banging the Clyne drum surely havnt looked at his last two seasons with us , to say he would have been our saviour is quite laughable .

This whole Clyne row is hilarious and goes to show just how low some will stoop to have a desperate pop at the manager. Do they do it because they want to be seen as 'insightful' or are they just provocative attention seekers? I suspect it's a bit of both. As Swab mentioned - they're preparing themselves in a desperate bid at the end of the season (should we finish second) to say 'I told you so'. You told us f**k all.

It's like when they see people chatting sh*t on tv and online then they must be allowed to chat sh*t themselves. Because any chat is legitimate chat, sh*t or otherwise. But nothing will disguise the obvious fact to the majority of people out there that what they are chatting is complete sh*t and sh*t it will only be.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1268: Apr 25, 2019 09:49:08 am
      Re playing vs. Messi (trying to change subject), Jürgen will make sure everyone knows that if you so much as breathe on him it's a free kick. Don't get me wrong, he has otherworldly talent, but the referees bend over backwards for him. Possession is our best defense. Their midfield isn't what it was with Xavi and Iniesta, so hopefully we can enjoy a lot of it.

They're really not as brilliant as they used to be and they haven't impressed in this year's CL campaign. Messi has been the difference on so many occasions that their "impressive" wins flattered to deceive.

Not wearing my rose tinted glasses, we still have to respect that they are one of the best clubs in the world, and Messi alone can change everything so we're going to have to be our very best...but I think we've got their number lad  ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1269: Apr 25, 2019 09:55:06 am
      Oh man, going through the last few pages I thought the Gaffer let go of freaking Messi in January.  :roll:

I never in a million years would have guessed that an average at best, type of player such is Clyne, would have people so shattered by his departure. Don't think the likes of Torres, Alonso, Suarez, Coutinho leaving the club made some of our fellow Reds this passionate about the managers decisions and yet Clyne. .. Oh dear.

Anyway, onwards and upwards Boss, you are doing a wonderful job.

;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1270: Apr 25, 2019 12:24:17 pm
      What makes you think that I have to feel relevant in the eyes of you or anyone else here...? You are not that important to me...

I say that someone has a point and everyone goes in to a meltdown...?? WTF

Mate If you see a post of mine, or someone else with my name attached scroll past it. If it winds you up that much and think of you health (Blood pressure)... I do not know how the ignore button works or were to fine it so If I see a post with S**b name on it or Lallana in jimjams I scroll straight pass it, i don't give it a look

Singling people out for their opinion is bullying.

I thought you and rib were anti bullying.

Also, according to rib, this might violate my human rights.
      I'd better check.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1271: Apr 25, 2019 02:18:49 pm
      They're really not as brilliant as they used to be and they haven't impressed in this year's CL campaign. Messi has been the difference on so many occasions that their "impressive" wins flattered to deceive.

Not wearing my rose tinted glasses, we still have to respect that they are one of the best clubs in the world, and Messi alone can change everything so we're going to have to be our very best...but I think we've got their number lad  ;)

Well...we tried to change the subject.  :)

Jürgen's presser today is another good example of how good he is at setting expectation, deflecting pressure for this team. Said if we win the  next two league games, the final day will decide the title and that is what the team is playing for. (Actually if City lose the next two then the race would be over by the final day  ;D ) - well done to the manager for keeping it simple. I expect the team to be relaxed and ready for tomorrow.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1272: Apr 25, 2019 02:42:26 pm
      Well...we tried to change the subject.  :)

Jürgen's presser today is another good example of how good he is at setting expectation, deflecting pressure for this team. Said if we win the  next two league games, the final day will decide the title and that is what the team is playing for. (Actually if City lose the next two then the race would be over by the final day  ;D ) - well done to the manager for keeping it simple. I expect the team to be relaxed and ready for tomorrow.

TBF. Klopp is spot on, if we win our next 2 games, it goes to the last day no matter what, that will be some achievement in itself, considering the points tally.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1273: Apr 25, 2019 03:06:01 pm
      TBF. Klopp is spot on, if we win our next 2 games, it goes to the last day no matter what, that will be some achievement in itself, considering the points tally.
      Well I was jesting as it isn't going to happen, but if we win our net two and City lost their next two, we are up 5 with one match left and so it is already decided for us. That said, I totally get the  manager's point and the focus.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1274: Apr 25, 2019 03:08:52 pm
      Well I was jesting as it isn't going to happen, but if we win our net two and City lost their next two, we are up 5 with one match left and so it is already decided for us. That said, I totally get the  manager's point and the focus.

Anything can happen in football.
      Although granted, the odds are pretty long, or very, very long  :laugh:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1275: Apr 25, 2019 03:38:01 pm

;D

That would be superb tho eh.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1276: Apr 26, 2019 10:15:34 am
      Well...we tried to change the subject.  Jürgen's presser today is another good example of how good he is at setting expectation, deflecting pressure for this team. Said if we win the  next two league games, the final day will decide the title and that is what the team is playing for. (Actually if City lose the next two then the race would be over by the final day   ) - well done to the manager for keeping it simple. I expect the team to be relaxed and ready for tomorrow.

Yea I saw this, and I do like his response to the United game question. He said he was calm when he was watching it and wasn't surprised at the result - nice little side dig at Utd as always ;)

But it does take the pressure of the lads and sets the example of only focusing on our next game rather than getting emotional about things that are out of our control. World class manager our boss is.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1277: Apr 26, 2019 01:59:31 pm
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1278: Apr 26, 2019 02:50:18 pm
      The goal Porto scored the other day was the 201st we've conceded under Klopp.

It was in his 201st game in charge of Liverpool.

201 is as many goals as we conceded under Brendan Rodgers - in a 166 games.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1279: Apr 26, 2019 03:19:10 pm
      Four more goals for Jürgen to hit 300 Premier League goals.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #1280: Apr 26, 2019 03:20:27 pm
      Four more goals for Jürgen to hit 300 Premier League goals.
      Tonight hopefully
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #1281: Apr 26, 2019 03:56:14 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1282: Apr 26, 2019 08:48:55 pm
      91 league points..

You deserve winning the title Boss..
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1283: Apr 26, 2019 10:33:50 pm
      91 league points..

You deserve winning the title Boss..

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1284: Apr 27, 2019 12:49:27 am
      +11
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1285: Apr 27, 2019 07:54:17 am
      He’s got everyone believing and that’s been the case since he arrived,he has totally turned this clubs fortunes  around without a shadow of doubt & got us competing at the very top once again.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1286: Apr 27, 2019 03:00:22 pm
      We're now scored the same number of league goals as last season, with 2 games left to play.

So much for the theory that "we struggle to score"

We've also conceded 18 fewer goals, 38 last season, 20 this season with 2 to play.

Klopp is doing remarkable things here.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1287: Apr 27, 2019 04:35:30 pm
      We're now scored the same number of league goals as last season, with 2 games left to play.

So much for the theory that "we struggle to score"

We've also conceded 18 fewer goals, 38 last season, 20 this season with 2 to play.

Klopp is doing remarkable things here.

And check out the ages of the players in the 18 last night. MUCH  more to come.

Quick Reply