Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 205553 times
      gazred and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,337 posts | 779 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1863: Yesterday at 06:38:18 pm
      Yes proving that individual fcuk ups cost points in games when the team are actually on top/playing well

My initial point is Trent at right back will cost us enough points in a season to prevent a title. If you agree or dont agree thats fine but I think tjhs group goes close with a right back who when a cross comes in top of him he doesnt sh*t his pants and concede sh*te soft goals against the run of play, while I also firmly believe we will create lots more chances with him as an out and out midfielder
      Sorry Brian but your talking in riddles mate. All footballers are individuals, but they are a part of a team and it's that collective that is responsible for everything that happens on the pitch. It's part of the game, sometimes a player will be fantastic and help the team score a goal....sometimes he'll be fantastic, maybe score a brace and then do a complete f*ck up and that leads to conceding a goal.
      At other times he'll be a bag of Sh*t, go missing and be the cause of a goal for the opposition, then out of the blue, the same player scores a 30 yard pile driver into the top corner to secure 3 points.....the game has far more factors that decide a game, let alone a title. Believing any one player can cause any team to win, or lose the league title is pure fantasy.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 741 
      Reply #1864: Yesterday at 07:14:18 pm
      Sorry Brian but your talking in riddles mate. All footballers are individuals, but they are a part of a team and it's that collective that is responsible for everything that happens on the pitch. It's part of the game, sometimes a player will be fantastic and help the team score a goal....sometimes he'll be fantastic, maybe score a brace and then do a complete f*ck up and that leads to conceding a goal.
      At other times he'll be a bag of Sh*t, go missing and be the cause of a goal for the opposition, then out of the blue, the same player scores a 30 yard pile driver into the top corner to secure 3 points.....the game has far more factors that decide a game, let alone a title. Believing any one player can cause any team to win, or lose the league title is pure fantasy.

I agree there are too many factors in a game to single out one particular player or incident, barring extreme circumstances. Even then, you can't guarantee a result. This is football or life in general.

I do think if a problem persists, you have to fix it tho. E,g teams targeting trent and his inability to deal with crosses
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #1865: Yesterday at 11:21:42 pm
      Strange how people want to take a world class player and pick him apart. Good grief any team in the world would jump at the chance to have Trent and here we are talking sh*t about him. It boggles the mind.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1866: Today at 08:30:49 am
      Let’s see what he’s like in a more disciplined tactical set up

This.

Is still think with the right coaching, and desire from the player, he can go back to being one of  Europe best attacking full backs as he was during the title run and seasons either side of it.

I think there is a possibility Jürgen and the coaching staff have indulged him allowing him an almost free role but not putting any real defensive plan or tactics in place to allow this to succeed for the team as a while.

Who knows though and a lot of it's on the player. He could end up telling Slot he doesn't want to play RB and that poses a dilemma of what to do with him
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,041 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1867: Today at 08:35:32 am
      Strange how people want to take a world class player and pick him apart. Good grief any team in the world would jump at the chance to have Trent and here we are talking sh*t about him. It boggles the mind.

I’m of the same opinion, I’d love him at OT.  😂 I  do think he’s dropped from a bit but that’s because he’s uncomfortable playing at the back anymore. From an outsider it even looks like there maybe some intent from his side, bold statement I know but not ruled it out. I’m pretty sure when new manager comes along Trent may state he wants to stay in midfield and fcuk the hybrid role off.

If Sloth doesn’t see things same way as Trent I do think it’s feasible he may move on. The lads still world class and all though his form has been off and on this year I’d take him in a heartbeat if I could.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1868: Today at 02:43:13 pm
      This.

Is still think with the right coaching, and desire from the player, he can go back to being one of  Europe best attacking full backs as he was during the title run and seasons either side of it.

I think there is a possibility Jürgen and the coaching staff have indulged him allowing him an almost free role but not putting any real defensive plan or tactics in place to allow this to succeed for the team as a while.

Who knows though and a lot of it's on the player. He could end up telling Slot he doesn't want to play RB and that poses a dilemma of what to do with him

Lets hope he tells slot that.

Hes a baller not a defender. Leave Joe, Bradley or a new signing do the defending and let Trent pick teams apart from a central position......its a no brainer for me, let him loose and while doing that lessen the risk against us
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1869: Today at 03:05:01 pm
      Having just seen Trents jocks in the pics of the new kit I think Id sell him now  :o

Quick Reply