Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 571053 times
      PastorGeek and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6509: Today at 01:47:56 pm
      I think you are spot on.  With Edwards,  I don't think he will gamble giving him a big lucrative contract, similar to his position on Henderson.   If we get a huge offer in the summer then the club would be willing to listen, but it will also depend on Salah.  He has been amazing and deserves his pay packet just as much as anyone in this squad that have won every trophy, he has been as been involved in all our success and ever present.  But like most don't like anyone disrespecting JĆ¼rgen, especially especially right now in his final moments.   

Was Edwards here when Salah got extended? Canā€™t recall.

Either way, i imagine Slot will have some say in a Salah decision, whatever it may be.

He may look to move him on, get the big fee (which will likely come from SA) and build the offense around someone else to put his ā€œstampā€ on the team. Who knows, but will be interesting to see what happens this summer.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 742 
      Reply #6510: Today at 04:29:35 pm
      The Mancs done it at least twice with Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo.

I'm sure there's other examples.

Ideal scenario Mo signs a new deal and stays but to say there isn't a conversation to be had if a huge offer comes is just silly.

Makes perfect sense for a new manager in a new league to sell a teams top scorer and speculatively buy an unknown entity. Very logical and exactly the same scenario as United selling Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo. Yup totally the same. And Slot and Ten Haag are both dutch and have bald heads so....

:f_tongueincheek:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6394 
      Reply #6511: Today at 04:43:15 pm
      Salah has not been the same since AFCON. Who knows whether it's physical, mental or what. Many of us were calling for him to maybe take a break when JĆ¼rgen left him on the bench so to be fired up at JĆ¼rgen for not playing him...eh...settle down lad and know you aren't the only player on the team. That said, I've always thought it's better to have him on the pitch than not. The decision for me would be how do we maximize whatever time he has left and how does the club do it's best to get the best return for him whenever it's decided that he is moving on. I don't think we should lose him on a free so in my mind, give him a new contract with a decent release clause but make it incentive heavy so that he has to be on form to get top pay. I'm good with him staying if he wants to stay and will continue to be close to the Salah we all know and love and I'm ok with him going if it means strengthening the team for years to come. I assume Edwards has a play in mind.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #6512: Today at 04:57:37 pm
      Makes perfect sense for a new manager in a new league to sell a teams top scorer and speculatively buy an unknown entity. Very logical and exactly the same scenario as United selling Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo. Yup totally the same. And Slot and Ten Haag are both dutch and have bald heads so....

:f_tongueincheek:

New manger won't be buying or selling anyone my friend. ;)
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 742 
      Reply #6513: Today at 06:02:16 pm
      New manger won't be buying or selling anyone my friend. ;)

We'll the people who will already stated he's staying so.... ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,280 posts | 4938 
      Reply #6514: Today at 06:24:50 pm
      We'll the people who will already stated he's staying so.... ;)

Ah genuinely missed that.

Quick Reply