Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 188693 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #138: Aug 05, 2018 02:35:06 pm
      1m52s, what the F**k? Lmao!!!!

https://youtu.be/LCNMGATjhDc?t=1m52s
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #139: Aug 05, 2018 02:48:11 pm
      i looked at 1 m 52 second. I failed to see what you were on about.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #140: Aug 05, 2018 02:51:18 pm

Same here, unless you mean the preceding pass out wide pinpoint.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #141: Aug 05, 2018 02:51:20 pm

Looks to be a no look pass? Can anyone confirm?
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,703 posts | 880 
      Reply #142: Aug 05, 2018 02:51:37 pm

Was thinking the same?  ???

Clean sheet is the headlines.. but clearly he was well beaten for a wrongly ruled out goal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #143: Aug 05, 2018 02:54:51 pm
      Looks to be a no look pass? Can anyone confirm?

I see what you mean, but I think its just a camera angle thing, it is a beautiful pass though. His distribution is worth the money in itself, he only really had one save to make which he did fine although it would have been nice if he'd held it. His command and authority at corners was lovely to see though.
      With Alisson in the team it is almost like playing a sweeper/playmaker
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #144: Aug 05, 2018 03:27:28 pm
      just hope we don't start examining every single thing he does until someone finds a negative. He is a huge step up in class from our present GK's lets enjoy him and the season ahead its going to be a classic
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #145: Aug 05, 2018 09:29:13 pm
      First time out so it's good to get out there and used to the team. Saw 2 occasions come out and the ball get past him, 2nd time what should have been a Napoli goal, so overall i think we saw what we'll see most of the season, a good, solid but not great goalie out there every day who will be supported and the fans and media alike. Look forward to the start of the season already.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #146: Aug 05, 2018 10:48:33 pm
      First time out so it's good to get out there and used to the team. Saw 2 occasions come out and the ball get past him, 2nd time what should have been a Napoli goal, so overall i think we saw what we'll see most of the season, a good, solid but not great goalie out there every day who will be supported and the fans and media alike. Look forward to the start of the season already.
      Can you name 5 keepers better than Alisson?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #147: Aug 06, 2018 10:53:13 am

Yeah he's no Karius, that's for sure!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #148: Aug 06, 2018 11:14:02 am

Ha ha this is very passive aggressive.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #149: Aug 06, 2018 11:29:47 am
      Ha ha this is very passive aggressive.

He's just annoyed we didn't continue with Karius
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #150: Aug 06, 2018 11:50:35 am

Somebody needs to get over their Karius crush.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #151: Aug 06, 2018 07:07:32 pm

i get the feeling you will be doing your best to shoe-horn
       your analysis (throughout the season) to match up with your comments prior to him being signed.   
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #152: Aug 06, 2018 07:20:18 pm
       your analysis (throughout the season) to match up with your comments prior to him being signed.   

I saw nothing but confidence from the keeper..he is going to screw up, that's the nature of the position but like VVD he'll just move on from and error and continue being boss.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #153: Aug 06, 2018 11:12:34 pm
      Seen on Twitter he's wearing the #1 shirt... think karius will take 13, another number or leave?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,793 posts | 2447 
      Reply #154: Aug 06, 2018 11:33:32 pm
      Seen on Twitter he's wearing the #1 shirt... think karius will take 13, another number or leave?

Leave hopefully.

There's still time to bring a competent back up keeper in.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #155: Aug 07, 2018 10:27:17 am
      He was a signing that we had to make, and one I very much welcome...A big unit, takes command of the box from corners that's for sure, just not that convinced that he is as good as getting down quickly
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #156: Aug 07, 2018 10:52:31 am
      you saw in the World Cup goalkeepers with the highest rating Degea etc fu**ed up and so will Allison at some point or points this season. Lets all just let him get settled into his new environment and team, support him every step of the way and leave the likes of Neville to take every opportunity to pull his performances apart
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #157: Aug 07, 2018 12:09:42 pm

I am not the only one who commented about not being convinced by his performances over the CL, world cup, etc that he is this world class goalie worth whatever it is we paid for him. Opinions were quite divided on him. Just because he is putting on a Liverpool kit does not mean i am suddenly going to be in awe of him. I was against the Shaqiri transfer when it was first rumored to us but he has looked electric in the couple preseason games and looks like he could prove me very wrong. Alisson may do the same, so we'll have to see how his year goes. Should be pretty easy to find out as other than maybe the first rounds of Carabo Cup he should be playing every game.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #158: Aug 07, 2018 12:25:04 pm
      I am not the only one who commented about not being convinced by his performances over the CL, world cup, etc that he is this world class goalie worth whatever it is we paid for him. Opinions were quite divided on him. Just because he is putting on a Liverpool kit does not mean i am suddenly going to be in awe of him. I was against the Shaqiri transfer when it was first rumored to us but he has looked electric in the couple preseason games and looks like he could prove me very wrong. Alisson may do the same, so we'll have to see how his year goes. Should be pretty easy to find out as other than maybe the first rounds of Carabo Cup he should be playing every game.

nice to see you are going to get behind the lad and give him your support so long as he is world class that is.
      Support is supposed to be unconditional if they wear the jersey he deserves our support. That may be testing at times but I have never seen a player improve his performance knowing the fans are on his back.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #159: Aug 07, 2018 12:42:51 pm
      you saw in the World Cup goalkeepers with the highest rating Degea etc fu**ed up and so will Allison at some point or points this season. Lets all just let him get settled into his new environment and team, support him every step of the way and leave the likes of Neville to take every opportunity to pull his performances apart
      Most of the top keepers fu**ed up, and on a bigger stage than the CL Final... My post was not to put down Allison, just merely pointing out what i regard as a potential concern... I will be supporting Allison, just like I have Karius
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #160: Aug 07, 2018 01:00:58 pm
      I heard he had a good season at Roma.

Quick Reply