Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 189751 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #207: Aug 22, 2018 04:07:41 pm
      We've got a decent manager and keeper right now.

You lot haven't had a decent manager since Fergie Time. De Gea is world class, Mourinho is in his third year. We all know how that goes :D

Yeah I know that but took a while which is what I was getting at.  ;D Lets be honest you couldn't replace Fergie. Many of my scouse friends were in Orr of what he achieved despite hating him for obvious reason.

I think it's bit early to say you've got a top keeper just yet. Very promising yes but it takes more than two games. He's yet to be tested as you've been solid at the back. However, if I was a fan (( thank F**k I'm not  ;D )) would be very happy with what I've seen so far.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #208: Aug 22, 2018 06:00:35 pm
      Yeah I know that but took a while which is what I was getting at.  ;D Lets be honest you couldn't replace Fergie. Many of my scouse friends were in Orr of what he achieved despite hating him for obvious reason.

I think it's bit early to say you've got a top keeper just yet. Very promising yes but it takes more than two games. He's yet to be tested as you've been solid at the back. However, if I was a fan (( thank f**k I'm not  ;D )) would be very happy with what I've seen so far.
      You sure?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #209: Aug 22, 2018 06:29:31 pm
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #210: Aug 22, 2018 06:43:48 pm
      Ah well, at least you are a good’un.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #211: Aug 22, 2018 11:16:14 pm
      Well it won't be 10/15 years before we're back on track  :f_whistle: ;D

I'm hoping Jose sticks around for you guys. Then maybe it will be 10/15 years. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #212: Aug 22, 2018 11:56:57 pm
      I'm hoping Jose sticks around for you guys. Then maybe it will be 10/15 years. ;D

100% just got up   :lmao: I'm off to bed... Piss off  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #213: Aug 23, 2018 12:15:41 am
      Well it won't be 10/15 years before we're back on track  :f_whistle: ;D

:lmao:

Did you miss your Meds today Keith ?   ;D

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #214: Aug 23, 2018 01:35:04 am

I was in AWE ( ;) ) of the culture of success. He was a tw*t, but he built a culture there that withstood multiple personnel changes. Hard to do, so fair play. Plus having the FA onside was always a help 8)

I think it's bit early to say you've got a top keeper just yet. Very promising yes but it takes more than two games. He's yet to be tested as you've been solid at the back. However, if I was a fan (( thank f**k I'm not  ;D )) would be very happy with what I've seen so far.

1) We all know you're a Liverpool fan deep down so bugger off with your denial :D

2) You haven't lived through the last couple years of the Mignolet/Karius merry go F**k around. I'm ready for the Alisson statue unveiling :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #215: Aug 23, 2018 10:13:40 am
      :lmao:

Did you miss your Meds today Keith ?   ;D

sh*t!!! How did you know  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #216: Aug 23, 2018 10:17:45 am
      You haven't lived through the last couple years of the Mignolet/Karius merry go f**k around. I'm ready for the Alisson statue unveiling :D
      [/quote]

When Paddy Roche was playing for United believe me I saw it all.  ;D Thought Mig & Kar were world class myself  :f_whistle:

hyruga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #217: Aug 24, 2018 06:51:34 am
      I am very impressed with Alisson despite him having a girl's name.

He is miles better than the overrated De Gea.

I wrote down De Gea's weaknesses here:
      Mental strength: 40/100 (No intention to stare down players at penalties, nervous movement, lack leadership, doesn't organise his defence)

Physical Strength: 50/100 (Too small frame, easily bullied at crosses, little intention to come off line to catch crosses, pretty poor at body block but good for showboating reflexes)

Prone to mistake: 70/100 (Numerous errors much more than Buffon, Casilas or even Neuer)

Spain went from World cup champion and Europe champion to nothing under ddg.
      Manutd went from premier league champs to nothing under ddg. (12/13 doesn't count because even mark bosnich can win it for manutd when the whole team is on fire after losing on goal difference the previous season)

Ddg is poor at catching cross and slow at rushing out. He also has a small frame and is easily bullied. While it can be argued that he's athletic, his small frame meant he has little control over crosses and his shot blocking by body is poor by virtue of being small (De Gea is 76 kg, Kasper Schmeichel is 89 kg, Alisson 91 kg, Cech 92 kg, Neuer 92 kg). Due to his small size, he’s generally afraid of crosses and is also indecisive. His smaller size also mean he has relatively less strength and easily lose grip on goal.

De Gea leaves lot to be desired when it comes to his overall game. He is Spanish Shay Given at best hollywood saves then but there is nothing else about his game. Showboat keeper if you will. As a person, he is not arrogant but as a goalkeeper on the pitch, he is.

He was issuing a challenge to C.Ronaldo during the 3rd goal for Portugal. Why did he stand on the far side when he could stayed on the middle or right side where the ball is nearer to goal? Either he is challenging ronaldo or De Gea has no football common sense/intelligence?

He has made tons of mistakes but last season 17/18 was his best season ever and I applaud him for finally getting the golden glove when Joe Hart, Pepe Reina and Cech have won numerous golden gloves. (Contrary to popular belief, it was the defenders who have done a good job)

2011/12 season
      Man Utd 1 Man City 6
      Guess who's the keeper?
      Man utd 2 Blackburn 3
      Both at Old trafford and eventually cost united the title in 2011/12 to Man City on goal difference.

West Ham 3 Man utd 2
      Knock manutd out of champion league spot in 15/16
      Guess who's the goalkeeper?

Check out his League Cup Semi final error
      Sunderland vs Man Utd (Same error made against Portugal's second goal)

Check out the free kick Challenge against Ronaldo. De Gea challenge Ronaldo by standing on his right side. He should stand on his left/middle side because the ball is nearer to the left side.

One thing about Alisson is he probably needs to improve his passing if he is going to get involved so much.
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2018 11:46:38 am by hyruga »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #218: Aug 24, 2018 08:41:51 am

Mental strength: 40/100 (No intention to stare down players at penalties, nervous movement, lack leadership, doesn't organise his defence)

Physical Strength: 50/100 (Too small frame, easily bullied at crosses, little intention to come off line to catch crosses, pretty poor at body block but good for showboating reflexes)

Prone to mistake: 70/100 (Numerous errors much more than Buffon, Casilas or even Neuer)

Ddg is poor at catching cross and slow at rushing out. He also has a small frame and is easily bullied.

De Gea leaves lot to be desired when it comes to his overall game.

De Gea has no football common sense/intelligence?

He has made tons of mistakes

One thing about Alisson is he probably needs to improve his passing if he is going to get involved so much.

Not the greatest of first post if I being honest. Girls name!! Depends how you pronounce it I suppose but he could be called Mary but who gives a f**k if he's top class.

Better than DeGea  :lmao: Now you're deluded. Spouted by many. (( even on here )) he's the best goal keeper in the world. If not the best he's still second best.

Overrated  :lmao: Am I really reading you right?? What you on??

So Alisson needs to improve his passing yet better than De Gea.  :lmao:

Can I have some of that stuff your smoking so I can say Fellaini is the best player in the world please. :lmao:
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #219: Aug 24, 2018 08:54:03 am

Manutd went from premier league champs to nothing under ddg. (12/13 doesn't count because even mark bosnich can win it for manutd when the whole team is on fire after losing on goal difference the previous season)

Ddg is poor at catching cross and slow at rushing out. He also has a small frame and is easily bullied. While it can be argued that he's athletic, his small frame meant he has little control over crosses and his shot blocking is poor by virtue of being small (De Gea is 76 kg, Kasper Schmeichel is 89 kg, Alisson 91 kg, Cech 92 kg, Neuer 92 kg). Due to his small size, he’s generally afraid of crosses and is also indecisive. His smaller size also mean he has relatively less strength and easily lose grip on goal.

De Gea leaves lot to be desired when it comes to his overall game. He is Spanish Shay Given at best hollywood saves then but there is nothing else about his game. Showboat keeper if you will. As a person, he is not arrogant but as a goalkeeper on the pitch, he is.

He was issuing a challenge to C.Ronaldo during the 3rd goal for Portugal. Why did he stand on the far side when he could stayed on the middle or right side where the ball is nearer to goal? Either he is challenging ronaldo or De Gea has no football common sense/intelligence?

He has made tons of mistakes but last season 17/18 was his best season ever and I applaud him for finally getting the golden glove when Joe Hart, Pepe Reina and Cech have won numerous golden gloves. (Contrary to popular belief, it was the defenders who have done a good job)

2011/12 season
      Man Utd 1 Man City 6
      Guess who's the keeper?
      Man utd 2 Blackburn 3
      Both at Old trafford and eventually cost united the title in 2011/12 to Man City on goal difference.

West Ham 3 Man utd 2

Check out the free kick Challenge against Ronaldo. De Gea challenge Ronaldo by standing on his right side. He should stand on his left/middle side because the ball is nearer to the left side.

On trial with that first post anyway mate.

And if there is anything Alisson needs to improve, his passing is bottom of that list!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #220: Aug 24, 2018 09:38:24 am

Erm...what?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #221: Aug 24, 2018 10:01:00 am

Ddg is poor at catching cross and slow at rushing out. He also has a small frame and is easily bullied. While it can be argued that he's athletic, his small frame meant he has little control over crosses and his shot blocking is poor by virtue of being small (De Gea is 76 kg, Kasper Schmeichel is 89 kg, Alisson 91 kg, Cech 92 kg, Neuer 92 kg). Due to his small size, he’s generally afraid of crosses and is also indecisive. His smaller size also mean he has relatively less strength and easily lose grip on goal.

2011/12 season
      Man Utd 1 Man City 6
      Guess who's the keeper?
      Man utd 2 Blackburn 3

West Ham 3 Man utd 2

Ridiculous post, De Gea is the benchmark against who all other keepers are judged, he is the best keeper in the world at the moment but I do think Alisson can eventually overtake him as his distribution is better.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #222: Aug 24, 2018 12:20:25 pm
      Ridiculous post, De Gea is the benchmark against who all other keepers are judged, he is the best keeper in the world at the moment but I do think Alisson can eventually overtake him as his distribution is better.

Much better than the opening post.  ;D You know nothing is for granted at this game. Only time will tell us all if he's going to be  good as DeGea or better. I'm sure Liverpool fans would except top 5 in the world given the two keepers you had were below average for a top club.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,268 posts | 6368 
      Reply #223: Aug 24, 2018 01:50:23 pm

Ddg is poor at catching cross and slow at rushing out. He also has a small frame and is easily bullied. While it can be argued that he's athletic, his small frame meant he has little control over crosses and his shot blocking by body is poor by virtue of being small (De Gea is 76 kg, Kasper Schmeichel is 89 kg, Alisson 91 kg, Cech 92 kg, Neuer 92 kg). Due to his small size, he’s generally afraid of crosses and is also indecisive. His smaller size also mean he has relatively less strength and easily lose grip on goal.

2011/12 season
      Man Utd 1 Man City 6
      Guess who's the keeper?
      Man utd 2 Blackburn 3

West Ham 3 Man utd 2

1. Get clean off the drugs
      2. Post about Liverpool

Think you go the order wrong pal.

hyruga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #224: Aug 24, 2018 03:12:27 pm
      1. Get clean off the drugs
      2. Post about Liverpool

Think you go the order wrong pal.

No I didn't go to the wrong forum.

I was banned at man utd forum so come here and post.

Nobody shares the same opinions as me on DDG?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,611 posts | 3915 
      Reply #225: Aug 24, 2018 03:26:30 pm

Your opinions are just awkward to read mate. It’s a weird post I’m afraid.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #226: Aug 24, 2018 03:34:46 pm

De Gea is probably the best keeper in the world right now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #227: Aug 24, 2018 03:55:51 pm
      DeGea is still the best goalkeeper in the Premier league at the moment hopefully Allison Becker will push him for that position.
      He has over the past 3 or 4 seasons been UTD's most effective player some of his saves have been simply out of this world.
      His only flaw in his character is where he goes to work.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,954 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #228: Aug 24, 2018 06:17:39 pm

You were probably accused as a WUM re DeGea comments hence the ban on Redcafe?. I presume  ;D
      hyruga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #229: Aug 25, 2018 03:46:27 am
      You were probably accused as a WUM re DeGea comments hence the ban on Redcafe?. I presume  ;D

Yes from that forum. But I wasn't wumming.

Those are my heartfelt opinions.

Quick Reply