Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 186053 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #230: Aug 25, 2018 06:06:22 am
      Yes from that forum. But I wasn't wumming.

Those are my heartfelt opinions.

It wouldn't off looked like that judging by your comments on here.  ;D

Wellcome to the forum anyway.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #231: Aug 25, 2018 05:24:38 pm
      I am very impressed with Alisson despite him having a girl's name.

He is miles better than the overrated De Gea.

I wrote down De Gea's weaknesses here:
      Mental strength: 40/100 (No intention to stare down players at penalties, nervous movement, lack leadership, doesn't organise his defence)

Physical Strength: 50/100 (Too small frame, easily bullied at crosses, little intention to come off line to catch crosses, pretty poor at body block but good for showboating reflexes)

Prone to mistake: 70/100 (Numerous errors much more than Buffon, Casilas or even Neuer)

Spain went from World cup champion and Europe champion to nothing under ddg.
      Manutd went from premier league champs to nothing under ddg. (12/13 doesn't count because even mark bosnich can win it for manutd when the whole team is on fire after losing on goal difference the previous season)

Ddg is poor at catching cross and slow at rushing out. He also has a small frame and is easily bullied. While it can be argued that he's athletic, his small frame meant he has little control over crosses and his shot blocking by body is poor by virtue of being small (De Gea is 76 kg, Kasper Schmeichel is 89 kg, Alisson 91 kg, Cech 92 kg, Neuer 92 kg). Due to his small size, heā€™s generally afraid of crosses and is also indecisive. His smaller size also mean he has relatively less strength and easily lose grip on goal.

De Gea leaves lot to be desired when it comes to his overall game. He is Spanish Shay Given at best hollywood saves then but there is nothing else about his game. Showboat keeper if you will. As a person, he is not arrogant but as a goalkeeper on the pitch, he is.

He was issuing a challenge to C.Ronaldo during the 3rd goal for Portugal. Why did he stand on the far side when he could stayed on the middle or right side where the ball is nearer to goal? Either he is challenging ronaldo or De Gea has no football common sense/intelligence?

He has made tons of mistakes but last season 17/18 was his best season ever and I applaud him for finally getting the golden glove when Joe Hart, Pepe Reina and Cech have won numerous golden gloves. (Contrary to popular belief, it was the defenders who have done a good job)

2011/12 season
      Man Utd 1 Man City 6
      Guess who's the keeper?
      Man utd 2 Blackburn 3
      Both at Old trafford and eventually cost united the title in 2011/12 to Man City on goal difference.

West Ham 3 Man utd 2
      Knock manutd out of champion league spot in 15/16
      Guess who's the goalkeeper?

Check out his League Cup Semi final error
      Sunderland vs Man Utd (Same error made against Portugal's second goal)

Check out the free kick Challenge against Ronaldo. De Gea challenge Ronaldo by standing on his right side. He should stand on his left/middle side because the ball is nearer to the left side.

One thing about Alisson is he probably needs to improve his passing if he is going to get involved so much.

Stopped reading after 'despite him having a girls name'

What the f**k are you? 5 years old or something? Pathetic.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #232: Aug 25, 2018 05:28:13 pm
      I wouldnā€™t say he has a girls name if speaking to him - my god he is massive , just need to look at him towering over everyone. He looks a proper brick wall and early signs are very promising , doesnā€™t make me nervous when he gets the ball or a cross comes in
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #233: Aug 25, 2018 07:26:36 pm
      We needed a keeper that saved us points, not cost us points, and today with that save at the end, heā€™s just saved us from dropping 2 points.

3 games, 3 clean sheets and a great start.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #234: Aug 25, 2018 07:35:54 pm
      We needed a keeper that saved us points, not cost us points, and today with that save at the end, heā€™s just saved us from dropping 2 points.

3 games, 3 clean sheets and a great start.

YEah, but that moment where he was too lax and could have cost us ... argh!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #235: Aug 25, 2018 07:46:00 pm
      YEah, but that moment where he was too lax and could have cost us ... argh!

Could have done and Iā€™m sure Klopp will remind him of that. But I think he made amends with that late save.

I think when he was delaying on the ball though was partly due to the outfield players, movement to get into a position to receive the ball just wasnā€™t as good today.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #236: Aug 25, 2018 07:47:24 pm
      I am very impressed with Alisson despite him having a girl's name.

So, you havent seen the video of him splashed all over Twitter (i was showing my wife the chip he did today and that was below it - she now likes him a lot!)....

Back to reality, he looks like a world class keeper with everything. Makes me wonder who else Roma have!

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #237: Aug 25, 2018 07:50:14 pm
      So, you havent seen the video of him splashed all over Twitter (i was showing my wife the chip he did today and that was below it - she now likes him a lot!)....

Back to reality, he looks like a world class keeper with everything. Makes me wonder who else Roma have!
      Thought it was a lookalike. Has he not got a Mrs?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #238: Aug 25, 2018 07:51:31 pm
      Could have done and Iā€™m sure Klopp will remind him of that. But I think he made amends with that late save.

I think when he was delaying on the ball though was partly due to the outfield players, movement to get into a position to receive the ball just wasnā€™t as good today.

I hope Klopp does have a word with him! And yeah, his late save was very crucial and made amends! Also, he was very good aerially and made 2 or 3 very important punches/catches from what I remember.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #239: Aug 25, 2018 08:39:59 pm
      I hope Klopp does have a word with him! And yeah, his late save was very crucial and made amends! Also, he was very good aerially and made 2 or 3 very important punches/catches from what I remember.

He did OK in the air, and his passing is top notch.

I can't think of his saves as anything other than competent for a decent keeper though.

If he has worldies in his locker, we'll see them at some point, as it's early days for him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #240: Aug 25, 2018 08:42:03 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #241: Aug 25, 2018 08:43:13 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #242: Aug 25, 2018 09:17:28 pm
      They'll be praising him for this, Klopp will politely tell him not to do this again though I think.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #243: Aug 25, 2018 09:23:36 pm
      They'll be praising him for this, Klopp will politely tell him not to do this again though I think.

He said he didn't like it, so probably.
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #244: Aug 25, 2018 10:11:23 pm
      That kind of goalkeeper, that style will cost points at some moment, as we saw even with Neuer and Ederson. But in the long term is the best solution.

Is much more tough to play football at highest level without those passing goalkeepers. Any team can press you high when you have a traditional keeper.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #245: Aug 25, 2018 10:21:22 pm
      hyruga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #246: Aug 26, 2018 04:53:11 am
      Omg what a player! He's the top player now after the heights of Petr Cech and Pepe Reina in 2000s.

3 clean sheets in 3 matches!
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #247: Aug 26, 2018 04:56:44 am

Jesus Christ, I fell asleep thirty minutes into the match but that would have given me a heart attack!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #248: Aug 26, 2018 05:45:05 am
      He was almost caught twice in possession and had to thank Wijnaldum for one of them. The lob was brilliant for replays but gave me a heart attack.

However, the late save is what we got him here to do. He saved us two points in this game.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #249: Aug 26, 2018 07:17:44 am
      I think the save in isolation was a pretty straight forward one and most keepers would have made it. What I was impressed with was his positioning and footwork when the cross came in; I think that probably enabled him to get there more comfortably. I think he judged it well and positioned himself closer to the near post and I also like the fact that he used both hands, not trying to go for the spectacular one hander (same with the free kick against Palace). I get the feeling our other keepers would have been caught on their heels and just stood there as the ball hit the back of the net.

He had a few crazy moments in the match. As well as holding on to the ball too long and nearly giving it away a couple of times, he also rushed out to intercept the ball in the first half and got quite fortunate that their player got the ball mixed up in his feet or there would have been an empty net.

All in all though, Iā€™ll take this all day of the week as he is a class above anything weā€™ve had since maybe early Pepe. His handling is fantastic, positioning is great and distribution is out of this world. Think he could quite well be the difference for us this season.
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2018 07:52:40 am by ConzS »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #250: Aug 26, 2018 07:45:50 am
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #251: Aug 26, 2018 09:41:30 am
      Top notch - no issue with his decisions overall though I think the boss might say ā€œno need to pick the worldie pass every time dudeā€.

Biggest issue was the midfield were sluggish yesterday - Gini aside - and there were a lack of options. Thatā€™s why Bobby was so deep, so often and also why Robbo pushed up into midfield most of second half. Itā€™s also why the goalie couldnā€™t pop off the passes heā€™s been doing and looked vulnerable a couple times.

Team issues that I suspect will mean a couple changes for Leicester.

Onwards.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #252: Aug 26, 2018 12:35:18 pm

This was simply outrageous!! Can you believe they cut if from MOTD!? Was absolutely bonkers but the fact he made it look so easy. Klopp said he'd never had a Brazilian keeper before so he would have to get used to it!

The lad has made a very solid start. Can't ask for more than three clean sheets and I think (more than anything) his impact this far has been an element of security behind our back four. Even when he was doing ok Karius was quite skittish. The side really has a proper spine now.

Quick Reply