Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 188904 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #299: Sep 01, 2018 09:27:52 pm
      Aside from that mistake, he was perfect today and in the 4 matches in general. Happy it didn't cost us. Nothing like learning a lesson that doesn't cost much.

and a big ...  So What ?

We got the three points it wasn't in a game where it was critical and as Jürgen said ....lets get that stuff out of the way early.

Best goalie since Clem in my opinion on what I've seen ...... and this al fart started by watching the "Flying Pig" Tommy.

He is a modern game goalkeeper and already his attack set ups are impressive.

We bought the right guy.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #300: Sep 01, 2018 10:26:22 pm

He is right, it's always been part of his game and I don't think it will change. What will change is the way he will adapt it in the premier league. He probably thought it was as easy as the Seria A but now he found out it isn't. It's not the end of the world, but yes he effed up but other than that he showed again today how he was quick off his line and the way he was assured in goal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #301: Sep 01, 2018 10:58:55 pm
      I forgive you Mr Becker 😘
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #302: Sep 02, 2018 12:37:05 am
      To be fair he was fouled. But do it when we're 4-0 up bruv
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #303: Sep 02, 2018 02:18:34 am
      Best thing that could have happened to him.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #304: Sep 02, 2018 04:19:10 am
      you know what this really pisses me off actually. WE DONT NEED ANOTHER SHAKEY KEEPER especially a 75 million pound one. Now our CBs will be afraid to pass it back to him. I honestly hope he got the sh*t ripped out of him in the dressing room.

He almost got caught out the first time he tried it at Brighton. It cant happen again
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #305: Sep 02, 2018 05:45:33 am
      WE DONT NEED ANOTHER SHAKEY KEEPER especially a 75 million pound one. Now our CBs will be afraid to pass it back to him.

This made me laugh
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #306: Sep 02, 2018 09:21:13 am
      Lesson learned the best way yesterday,he will now know that you will get harried in English leagues and closed down by forwards,still a boss keeper though.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #307: Sep 02, 2018 09:29:22 am
      and a big ...  So What ?

We got the three points it wasn't in a game where it was critical and as Jürgen said ....lets get that stuff out of the way early.

Best goalie since Clem in my opinion on what I've seen ...... and this al fart started by watching the "Flying Pig" Tommy.

He is a modern game goalkeeper and already his attack set ups are impressive.

We bought the right guy.

Exactly.

It was an error in judgement - he wasn’t under the sort of pressure where that was required and even if he’d succeeded he was heading across the face of goals under pressure - he’ll learn and improve.

Keeping wise and his distribution overall has been more impressive than I expected - even for the fee......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #308: Sep 02, 2018 09:37:05 am
      To be fair he was fouled. But do it when we're 4-0 up bruv
      you know what this really pisses me off actually. WE DONT NEED ANOTHER SHAKEY KEEPER especially a 75 million pound one. Now our CBs will be afraid to pass it back to him. I honestly hope he got the sh*t ripped out of him in the dressing room.

He almost got caught out the first time he tried it at Brighton. It cant happen again

F***ing hell you changed your tune, what happened, bad night out or something? It was just a silly mistake, a part of his old game, great keepers learn from their mistakes, he now knows that that was a damned silly thing to do, far to high risk compared to the potential reward, if he keeps doing it then we might have an issue, but considering that the players were more than happy to keep passing it back to him for the rest of the game I really don't think its an issue.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #309: Sep 02, 2018 10:07:05 am
      hopefully thats his lesson learnt and he'll remeber his exact role
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #310: Sep 02, 2018 11:19:05 am

No... Have the sense to stop doing it. Understand that you are the last line of defense and play it safe. He had time enough yesterday to play the ball up field and out of play. This would have taken pressure off the back four and given the midfield time to reset

Edit:- reminds me of a WWF wrestler my Nephew use to follow, The Rock... He use to say... Shut your mouth and know your role... Some good advice for you there Alisson
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #311: Sep 02, 2018 11:32:30 am
      No... Have the sense to stop doing it. Understand that you are the last line of defense and play it safe. He had time enough yesterday to play the ball up field and out of play. This would have taken pressure off the back four and given the midfield time to reset

Edit:- reminds me of a WWF wrestler my Nephew use to follow, The Rock... He use to say... Shut your mouth and know your role... Some good advice for you there Alisson

Over the top post...

he could have hid from it but instead he has come out and accepted full responsibility. Encouraging words from him going forward. What more do you want from him? It’s happened, in the grand scheme of things, that could have proved as vital as the Salah miss. Lots of ‘ifs’. Just move on.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #312: Sep 02, 2018 11:43:29 am
      Have any of you seen the video doing the rounds of your ( alleged) goal keeper  ;D

Have you seen the video of you getting screwed by Brighton, and Spurs? Still got 3pts and still top of the league. So

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,694 posts | 3365 
      Reply #313: Sep 02, 2018 11:43:54 am
      Maybe his activities with the blondes scrambled his head a little  :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #314: Sep 03, 2018 05:53:43 am
      That was a Calamity.

The air of invincibility I  had about him has gone now.

I hope I can get it back. I am sure we will never see another mistake like that again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #315: Sep 03, 2018 02:10:57 pm
      You could see Klopp afterwards telling him to launch it!!

At least it happened during a game we won, get it out the way now and all that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #316: Sep 03, 2018 03:06:01 pm
      That was a Calamity.

I hope I can get it back. I am sure we will never see another mistake like that again.

No keeper is invincible and that mistake was coming, sometimes the only way to learn is the hard way. I still think he is an outstanding keeper, even better than I expected. His control, command, shot stopping and distribution are all top class. Just cut out the high risk cap and we finally have one hell of a goalkeeper in the team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #317: Sep 03, 2018 03:52:29 pm
      That was a Calamity.

I think the air of invincibility was gone before he joined when we put 7 past him.

Still a top keeper.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #318: Sep 03, 2018 04:16:11 pm
      That was a Calamity.

The goals against stats is a good sign tho mate, that one goal against would be a lot more with Migs or Karius  to be be sure.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #319: Sep 03, 2018 04:49:23 pm
      The good thing about it for me is that it's nothing to do with his ability, just his decision making in that situation. There are times when he can make space for himself to play a better pass, and there's times when he just needs to launch it. When he's been played a pretty poor pass which forces him wide, and when both our centre backs are marked and in general we're in poor positions to receive the ball that's the time to go long. He just needs to adapt to that and make the right decision in the moment. With where he was on the pitch, the fact he was turning back inside towards his goal, and that van Dijk (who would be his out ball there) is already marked, he should never ever ever be trying to play it short.

I'm sure VVD apologised for that pass too, but we're not talking about it if Alisson puts his foot through it.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #320: Sep 03, 2018 07:01:13 pm
      He has been outstanding so far and i am really impressed with him. He made a mistake and paid the ultimate price. This will be a good lesson for him, the Premiership and Serie A are miles apart in terms of intensity, this will be a cruel reminder to him of that difference.

Saw that video when i was out with the lads, looking after three ladies at once, fair play to the lad. As long as he stays clear of horrendous mistakes in the future i see no problem here.

I can't recall a keeper apologising for his mistakes before, though i don't peruse Facebook or Twatter or the like.

All geniuses have eccentricity flaws, it's part and parcel of the genius. He will learn and we move on.

I'm just so happy to see a keeper that catches the ball again, instead of constantly punching or parrying the ball back into danger.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,519 posts | 713 
      Reply #321: Sep 04, 2018 09:31:15 pm
      F***ing hell you changed your tune, what happened, bad night out or something? It was just a silly mistake, a part of his old game, great keepers learn from their mistakes, he now knows that that was a damned silly thing to do, far to high risk compared to the potential reward, if he keeps doing it then we might have an issue, but considering that the players were more than happy to keep passing it back to him for the rest of the game I really don't think its an issue.

https://twitter.com/MundialMag/status/1037067779294326786

he's not stopping any time soon lads.

Quick Reply