Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185881 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #368: Oct 01, 2018 06:10:11 pm
      Money VERY well spent.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #369: Oct 01, 2018 06:57:22 pm
      I think hes a class act. He does the simple stuff well and stays big for the one on ones.

Hazard is a class player and he hit that low and hard into the corner. I'd have that down as a good piece of play rather than a keeping error.

Mignolet/Karius would get slagged off for letting it in mind but its not them moments that bothered me about them two - It was everything else.

Allisson commands his area far better and has the trust of his defence. That really is so vital.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #370: Oct 04, 2018 12:27:51 am
      Did anyone notice Alisson's world class finger tip save vs Mertens at point blank?

https://twitter.com/DHardayal/status/1047596220871532544
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #371: Oct 04, 2018 12:42:09 pm
      Did anyone notice Alisson's world class finger tip save vs Mertens at point blank?

Hmm, not sure how much that deflected the ball but he had a very good game overall, he really is quality.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #372: Oct 04, 2018 01:13:22 pm

Yep.
      Posted it in the match thread just after it happened.
      Had to replay it a couple of times because I couldn't quite believe he could have got anywhere near it.

That's some F***ing reflexes he has.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #373: Oct 04, 2018 05:36:37 pm
      Hmm, not sure how much that deflected the ball but he had a very good game overall, he really is quality.

It would only have had to move a few milimetres up for the rest of its trajectory after hitting the glove to have been the difference between a goal and a save. I think hes saved a goal there.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #374: Oct 05, 2018 01:25:10 am
      What a keeper we have.

Saved our scorelines from being worse, 3 games running.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #375: Oct 06, 2018 03:12:42 am
      Some of his recent saves makes you soon forget the goal he cost us. Something that can’t be said of our previous number 1s.

Boss
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #376: Oct 06, 2018 03:28:45 am
      I thought he should have saved the Hazard goal..

Yup, keeping the ball out in big moments in big games is what separates the top keepers from the pack of good ones. Goals like Hazard's, or Lamela's in the 94th minute or Mbappe's in the 83rd are big moments in big games where we need Alisson to shut the door. It's a long season with trophy aspirations so we'll need him to reach that level.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #377: Oct 06, 2018 09:32:22 am
      Yup, keeping the ball out in big moments in big games is what separates the top keepers from the pack of good ones. Goals like Hazard's, or Lamela's in the 94th minute or Mbappe's in the 83rd are big moments in big games where we need Alisson to shut the door. It's a long season with trophy aspirations so we'll need him to reach that level.

What the hell is this?

Mbappe goal and Lamela goal? Load of sh*t. Such bad luck for the lad that his name is not Karius!

How conveniently you forget his fingertip save in the last match too. I guess you are anxiously waiting for him to drop a clanger.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #378: Oct 06, 2018 09:36:34 am
      Yeah hes not going to save every shot and every 1 on 1 but he makes the forward think and second guess themselves. His save % is high enough for me anyway.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #379: Oct 06, 2018 09:41:08 am
      Yeah hes not going to save every shot and every 1 on 1 but he makes the forward think and second guess themselves. His save % is high enough for me anyway.

Couldn't agree more. The difference with Alisson and our previous keepers is night and day. In the last few matches Alisson has already made the difference I expected him to make. 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #380: Oct 06, 2018 10:41:05 am

I think he perhaps could have saved Hazard NOT should have and was extremely unlucky with the bounce. No chance with Mbappe’s or Lamela’s - needed help from his defence.

Overall he’s been outstanding for me - only goal defo on him only is Leicester.

Otherwise I think his keeping has been immaculate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #381: Oct 06, 2018 01:25:06 pm
      I think he perhaps could have saved Hazard NOT should have and was extremely unlucky with the bounce. No chance with Mbappe’s or Lamela’s - needed help from his defence.

Overall he’s been outstanding for me - only goal defo on him only is Leicester.

Otherwise I think his keeping has been immaculate.

He got a decent touch on Hazards goal, it just wasn't quite strong enough.
      Getting down to a pretty powerful shot and getting a touch on it is a pretty good sign for me.

Small margins and all that, on another day, he gets a better touch and gets it past the post.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #382: Oct 07, 2018 07:05:37 pm
      another clean sheet today and a couple of good saves
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #383: Oct 07, 2018 07:29:58 pm
      another clean sheet today and a couple of good saves

True but they were fairly standard saves which you'd expect at this level. Aside from that, too easy for him and his opposite number today.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #384: Oct 07, 2018 10:51:18 pm
      I’ve been very happy with the start he has made in a red shirt. Enormous price tag doesn’t seem to have fazed him one bit, same goes for the bad error vs Leicester. Much of our new found defensive solidity is down to the keeper and he is a HUGE upgrade on the past 6-7 years. He is solid at crosses, he is quick off his line and in one in ones he has been superb.
      hyruga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #385: Oct 08, 2018 02:25:33 am
      Yeah Alisson is a mammoth at 1.93m and 91 kg.

Mahrez was shiting bricks when he saw Alisson and so, Mahrez missed the penalty.

A save without a need for a save. That's a top class keeper.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #386: Oct 08, 2018 02:57:29 am
      True but they were fairly standard saves which you'd expect at this level. Aside from that, too easy for him and his opposite number today.

Given our last couple of number 1s, even making standard saves is a vast improvement.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #387: Oct 08, 2018 05:37:02 am
      Yeah Alisson is a mammoth at 1.93m and 91 kg.

Mahrez was shiting bricks when he saw Alisson and so, Mahrez missed the penalty.

A save without a need for a save. That's a top class keeper.

I think even if Mahrez's shot was on target, Alisson would have saved it. His palm was in the exact right spot had that ball being going in under the crossbar.

The man is a Colossus ....love him, feel so confident with him in goal.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #388: Oct 08, 2018 02:52:43 pm
      I think even if Mahrez's shot was on target, Alisson would have saved it. His palm was in the exact right spot had that ball being going in under the crossbar.

I think so mate.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #389: Oct 08, 2018 03:30:13 pm
      I'm still getting used to him. Every opposition shot is close my eyes, waiting to hear the commentatary saying a goal. Not anymore :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #390: Oct 08, 2018 09:39:43 pm

Said exactly the same in the pub yesterday. Guy on the next table went nah then, after a relay, went F**k, you're right.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2018 10:53:40 pm by Roddenberry »

Quick Reply