Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 190365 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #414: Nov 06, 2018 11:01:21 pm
      I’m plenty pissed alright - just not the good kind ;)

Pissed in my country is always bad ;D. There will be better times ahead..... I hope
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #415: Nov 07, 2018 09:41:52 am
      The consensus I’m wrong, maybe I am. I’m not drunk, but I am pissed ;D

Being pissed maybe the way forward for watching the rest of this season
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #416: Nov 07, 2018 09:55:04 am
      Being pissed maybe the way forward for watching the rest of this season

Has occurred to me mate.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #417: Nov 07, 2018 10:18:41 am
      I think speed and a bit of physicality in the midfield was the major reason for the loss.

Milner, for all of his work (Not slaying him) looked very tired.

Gini?  He was a mess trying to play the link up roll to Lallana.

Both Trent and Andy had no service to try to create.

Becker should have done better on the second goal. 

Yes it was a cracker.  But I think he has so much faith in VVD that he did not think a shot was going to come off.

All of this is moot.

On the few (very few) chances we had.  We failed.  The front six were wasteful.  Not only in trying to take chances,but in build up.

Just frustrated.  Sorry for the rant.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #418: Nov 07, 2018 10:20:32 am
      Outside of his distribution in the first few games he hasn’t done anything that suggest his price tag. I was really hoping he would be good at saving shots. He certainly doesn’t suck at it, but he isn’t anything special either. The 2nd goal today and the Arsenal one as well are tough shots, but are both balls a lot of keepers make. Disappointed. I’d swap him for Pickford in a New York minute (bring on the hate ;D)

Utter nonsense, Alisson has been fantastic for us all season and worth every penny. The Arsenal goal was more down to some very good play form Lacazette, oh God how I miss our forwards showing some skill and flair like that, if there was fault then it was much more the fault of VVD and TAA being out of position than the Goalkeeper.

The second goal against Red Star was a genuine mistake though and should have been saved, but I think he just assumed that one of the defenders and/or Wijnaldum would try to tackle their forward at some point rather than all backing off, again I'd put the blame more on the defenders than the GK.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #419: Nov 07, 2018 12:58:24 pm
      Utter nonsense, Alisson has been fantastic for us all season and worth every penny. The Arsenal goal was more down to some very good play form Lacazette, oh God how I miss our forwards showing some skill and flair like that, if there was fault then it was much more the fault of VVD and TAA being out of position than the Goalkeeper.

The second goal against Red Star was a genuine mistake though and should have been saved, but I think he just assumed that one of the defenders and/or Wijnaldum would try to tackle their forward at some point rather than all backing off, again I'd put the blame more on the defenders than the GK.

I am certainly not blaming either goal on him, however, there are keepers who bail the team out of those mistakes by making a TOUGH save. The Arsenal goal was incredible from Lacazette and atrociously defended by TAA. To think that that could be saved may be a tall order, however there have been a few goals scored this year that make scratch my head. All I am saying is based on what I have saw of him in our two games against Roma last season, the WC, and this season is he isn’t the type of keeper who will consistently bail you out with an incredible save. With our lack of enthusiasm and concertration it is needed. The second goal last night was a prime example.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2018 01:04:01 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #420: Nov 07, 2018 01:32:29 pm
      I am certainly not blaming either goal on him, however, there are keepers who bail the team out of those mistakes by making a TOUGH save. The Arsenal goal was incredible from Lacazette and atrociously defended by TAA. To think that that could be saved may be a tall order, however there have been a few goals scored this year that make scratch my head. All I am saying is based on what I have saw of him in our two games against Roma last season, the WC, and this season is he isn’t the type of keeper who will consistently bail you out with an incredible save. With our lack of enthusiasm and concertration it is needed. The second goal last night was a prime example.

I think you are reaching. He's been outstanding for the most part. You may want to find a scapegoat in some other farmer's field.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #421: Nov 07, 2018 01:56:05 pm
      I think you are reaching. He's been outstanding for the most part. You may want to find a scapegoat in some other farmer's field.

;D. Again, I’m not saying I hate him and I am certainly not saying I don’t support him. However, he has been at fault a few times this year on chances that could’ve been saved. The Chelsea goal by Hazard, Lacazettes shot, LaMelas near post goal and goal two from last night. All were good shots, but none were out of reach for a world class keeper to stop either. Most games our defense has been solid and he has had little to do, is it wrong to wanna see some world class stops from time to time?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #422: Nov 07, 2018 08:37:04 pm
      ;D. Again, I’m not saying I hate him and I am certainly not saying I don’t support him. However, he has been at fault a few times this year on chances that could’ve been saved. The Chelsea goal by Hazard, Lacazettes shot, LaMelas near post goal and goal two from last night. All were good shots, but none were out of reach for a world class keeper to stop either. Most games our defense has been solid and he has had little to do, is it wrong to wanna see some world class stops from time to time?

He's made plenty of good saves and given us so much more confidence at the back, I would actually say he is the main reason we are only 2 points behind citeh
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #423: Nov 07, 2018 08:51:24 pm

Careful, Alisson has become a sacred cow so he cannot be categorized as anything other than error-free phenomenon  ;D

but really, i agree with your overall point. Alisson has been a positive add and brought consistency and reliability and been a steady hand. However, for what we paid for him we need him to be more than that and in those close games be the difference between 1 point vs 0, or 3pts vs. 1 and so far we have not really seen him make those worldly saves and shut the door. Because of what he cost and what we need, he is measured by world class standards and not just by being good.

The goals you mentioned in your post are all good examples of goals given up that can be reasonably expected to be stopped by a De Gea / Ter Stegen / Neuer. The goal against Arsenal is probably the worst one he's allowed for us and cost us 2 points. He correctly comes out to close down Lacazette, which in turn makes him go away from goal and have to circle back around to get into shooting position, but instead of taking that opportunity to get back to his line, Alisson hesitates and does not either get back to his line or chase down Lacazette and at the time of the shot he is completely caught out of position, stuck outside of the small box behind Gomez and yet 10 feet from Lacazette who easily lobs it in. Late in games when we need to shut the door is when i expect him to shine the most, and so far it has not really been the case.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #424: Nov 07, 2018 09:48:46 pm
      Careful, Alisson has become a sacred cow so he cannot be categorized as anything other than error-free phenomenon  ;D

but really, i agree with your overall point. Alisson has been a positive add and brought consistency and reliability and been a steady hand. However, for what we paid for him we need him to be more than that and in those close games be the difference between 1 point vs 0, or 3pts vs. 1 and so far we have not really seen him make those worldly saves and shut the door. Because of what he cost and what we need, he is measured by world class standards and not just by being good.

The goals you mentioned in your post are all good examples of goals given up that can be reasonably expected to be stopped by a De Gea / Ter Stegen / Neuer. The goal against Arsenal is probably the worst one he's allowed for us and cost us 2 points. He correctly comes out to close down Lacazette, which in turn makes him go away from goal and have to circle back around to get into shooting position, but instead of taking that opportunity to get back to his line, Alisson hesitates and does not either get back to his line or chase down Lacazette and at the time of the shot he is completely caught out of position, stuck outside of the small box behind Gomez and yet 10 feet from Lacazette who easily lobs it in. Late in games when we need to shut the door is when i expect him to shine the most, and so far it has not really been the case.

Bang on. He has to be judged differently than most keepers, he was the most exspensive GK when we got him. Like it or not he is judged harsher than most. For what little he has had to do this season I think it’s fair to be left wanting.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #425: Nov 07, 2018 10:00:48 pm

Bang on. He has to be judged differently than most keepers, he was the most exspensive GK when we got him. Like it or not he is judged harsher than most. For what little he has had to do this season I think it’s fair to be left wanting.

It’s a game of opinions and mine is you’re both wrong.

Every player can improve but i think we’re  at least 8-10 goals better than we’d have been with the other 2 in goals.

That’s a massive difference.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #426: Nov 07, 2018 10:13:43 pm
      Thing is Alisson will learn and get better, migs kept making the same old mistakes.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #427: Nov 08, 2018 01:36:13 am
      It’s a game of opinions and mine is you’re both wrong.

Every player can improve but i think we’re  at least 8-10 goals better than we’d have been with the other 2 in goals.

That’s a massive difference.

Your probably right. But, with what what we pay him being marginally better than those two can’t be what we expect from our keeper. Being a top 5 keeper is. Just my opinion.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #428: Nov 08, 2018 03:47:41 am

Of all the people to criticize, I wonder why you always have a hard on for Alisson. Always. He could've saved every goal he conceded according to you, whether it be Chelsea goal or Mbappe goal, or the newest Lacazzete goal. Talk about clutching at straws.

As Diego also pointed out in Karius thread, you go out of your way to defend the man who cost us the CL, and who is without the doubt sh*t tier.  But on the other hand, when we are having our best ever defensive start in the premier league, you still have to pick apart Alisson on regular basis, because "he needs to save those shots".

Pathetic stuff.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #429: Nov 08, 2018 04:39:53 am
      Of all the people to criticize, I wonder why you always have a hard on for Alisson. Always. He could've saved every goal he conceded according to you, whether it be Chelsea goal or Mbappe goal, or the newest Lacazzete goal. Talk about clutching at straws.

As Diego also pointed out in Karius thread, you go out of your way to defend the man who cost us the CL, and who is without the doubt sh*t tier.  But on the other hand, when we are having our best ever defensive start in the premier league, you still have to pick apart Alisson on regular basis, because "he needs to save those shots".

Pathetic stuff.

I am certainly not a Becker hater nor am I Karius / Migs supporter. I just want a little bit more from Alisson. He hasn’t been bad at all, I just feel he can be better. That’s all
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #430: Nov 08, 2018 06:42:09 am
      He's learning and adapting to John Achterbergs method ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #431: Nov 08, 2018 07:24:37 am
      Your probably right. But, with what what we pay him being marginally better than those two can’t be what we expect from our keeper. Being a top 5 keeper is. Just my opinion.
      That’s what we’ve got fella. I get your frustration I just think you’re looking at the wrong target.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #432: Nov 08, 2018 07:48:22 am
      I am certainly not a Becker hater nor am I Karius / Migs supporter. I just want a little bit more from Alisson. He hasn’t been bad at all, I just feel he can be better. That’s all

He made a mistake, it happens just look at De Gea this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #433: Nov 08, 2018 09:42:07 am

Allison marginally better than Karius and Migs, are you just taking the piss now?? He is light years better than both of them and if you can't see that then I'd suggest you have no idea about goalkeeping.
      Every single goalkeeper makes a mistake now and then, especially when the defence drops him in it, which is very rare in our case. This is why sometimes a goalkeeper for a sh*t team looks better because they have to deal with so many more shots as they can't rely on defenders, ie they have much more practice at shot stopping etc.
      Make no mistake about it Allison is one of the best keepers in the world and we are extremely lucky to have him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #434: Nov 08, 2018 09:45:53 am

Marginally better than those two clowns?

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #435: Nov 08, 2018 11:28:32 pm
      I still cant understand why he would try to save that 2nd goal with is left arm, across his body. Surely he would/could have saved that if he just extends his right arm??
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #436: Nov 08, 2018 11:32:19 pm
      I still cant understand why he would try to save that 2nd goal with is left arm, across his body. Surely he would/could have saved that if he just extends his right arm??

David Seaman made good point about the play saying the way he smashed the ground after the goal means he knew he should of done better. From what I remember looking at the replay it looked like he was late reacting to it.

Quick Reply