Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185908 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #437: Nov 09, 2018 10:28:58 am
      Marginally better than those two clowns?

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?

;D. I love how upset some people get at anotherā€™s opinion.

First off, marginally is subjective and whose to say how big or small of a margin I am setting?

Secondly, what has he done that is all that great? I certainly can see his skill is much greater than any keeper we have had in recent memory, but he hasnā€™t been ask to do a whole lot as of yet. What little he has been task to do hasnā€™t been great and it certainly hasnā€™t been bad either. I think in a lot of ways Allisonā€™s play sums up our season thus far. He has been good, but you know he can be great and you are just waiting for him to click and take his game to another level. I see that as the narrative for our team aswell.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #438: Nov 09, 2018 10:33:44 am

First off, marginally is subjective and whose to say how big or small of a margin I am setting?

Secondly, what has he done that is all that great? I certainly can see his skill is much greater than any keeper we have had in recent memory, but he hasnā€™t been ask to do a whole lot as of yet. What little he has been task to do hasnā€™t been great and it certainly hasnā€™t been bad either. I think in a lot of ways Allisonā€™s play sums up our season thus far. He has been good, but you know he can be great and you are just waiting for him to click and take his game to another level. I see that as the narrative for our team aswell.

Mate youā€™re digging in something thatā€™s just a gut call feeling you clearly havenā€™t thought through.

Go watch the Chelsea game alone - there arenā€™t 5 keepers that make the saves he did.

Itā€™s there - what youā€™re really saying is ā€œI expect him to never make any kinda mistakeā€.

Heā€™s human, he will - every single player does.

His core level is higher than I realised by quite a way.
      « Last Edit: Nov 09, 2018 11:30:40 am by Scotia »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #439: Nov 09, 2018 11:24:00 am

Different opinions are fine and good, but when someone is talking nonsense, including on the definition of marginally, then expect people to come at you;

"marginally
      adverb - slightly, a little, somewhat, on a small scale, to some extent or degree e.g Sales last year were marginally better."

When you on top of this state that you consider Pickford to be better than Allison then you open yourself up for ridicule!
      As someone who has dug himself into several holes on here take my advice, "STOP DIGGING"
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #440: Nov 09, 2018 11:50:09 am
      Different opinions are fine and good, but when someone is talking nonsense, including on the definition of marginally, then expect people to come at you;

"marginally
      adverb - slightly, a little, somewhat, on a small scale, to some extent or degree e.g Sales last year were marginally better."

When you on top of this state that you consider Pickford to be better than Allison then you open yourself up for ridicule!
      As someone who has dug himself into several holes on here take my advice, "STOP DIGGING"

The crazy thing is all I have really said is that I think Allison can play better and we should expect more. Somehow this has turned into I donā€™t support our keeper and he isnā€™t any good. As far as the Pickford comment t goes, it was mostly to stir the pot. I do rate Pickford as a good keeper, and I have seen him play a lot more than Allison. I watch all the EPL games I can and he is one of the better keepers in our league when it comes to stopping shots. However, Allison is rated higher by people who know so much more than me. Iā€™m a dumb cop from the USA, Iā€™m not a football pundit.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #441: Nov 09, 2018 02:12:32 pm
      Mate youā€™re digging in something thatā€™s just a gut call feeling you clearly havenā€™t thought through.

Go watch the Chelsea game alone - there arenā€™t 5 keepers that make the saves he did.

Itā€™s there - what youā€™re really saying is ā€œI expect him to never make any kinda mistakeā€.

Heā€™s human, he will - every single player does.

His core level is higher than I realised by quite a way.

I'm sorry but to say there are only 5 keepers who made the saves against Chelsea is bollocks
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #442: Nov 09, 2018 02:43:04 pm
      I'm sorry but to say there are only 5 keepers who made the saves against Chelsea is bollocks
      No it isnā€™t - there arenā€™t 5 keepers I can think of making the Hazard / Willian stops.

Doesnā€™t need to be gravity defying to be outstanding goalkeeping.

Oh and keep your bollocks to yourself.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #443: Nov 09, 2018 02:49:21 pm
      No it isnā€™t - there arenā€™t 5 keepers I can think of making the Hazard / Willian stops.

Doesnā€™t need to be gravity defying to be outstanding goalkeeping.

Oh and keep your bollocks to yourself.

No your right they don't need to be gravity defying and they certainly wasn't.  They were good saves but certainly not what others could not make and more than five
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #444: Nov 09, 2018 04:05:19 pm
      No your right they don't need to be gravity defying and they certainly wasn't.  They were good saves but certainly not what others could not make and more than five

Each to their own - I prefer that type of solidity.

I think they were that good and he earned us a point just as much as Studge that night and 3 vs Brighton just for starters......

rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #445: Nov 09, 2018 04:15:28 pm
      Each to their own - I prefer that type of solidity.

I think they were that good and he earned us a point just as much as Studge that night and 3 vs Brighton just for starters......

Yes you are  right he did help us get a point that night absolutely agree as did Studge in equal measures. My point is the saves were a mixture of the strikers not finding their intended target and good positioning . But I think what the poster was saying is that of yet he has not made a truly world class save which makes you think Wow that is what we paid the money for such as De Gea or Lloris maybe we see it differently in that being solid is enough but there will come a time when you realize a save he made falls into this bracket which for the money we paid should be expected
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #446: Nov 09, 2018 04:26:30 pm
      Yes you are  right he did help us get a point that night absolutely agree as did Studge in equal measures. My point is the saves were a mixture of the strikers not finding their intended target and good positioning . But I think what the poster was saying is that of yet he has not made a truly world class save which makes you think Wow that is what we paid the money for such as De Gea or Lloris maybe we see it differently in that being solid is enough but there will come a time when you realize a save he made falls into this bracket which for the money we paid should be expected

We all see what we wanna see. Iā€™ve seen a handful of top saves but a lot of regulation saves coming from being very very good at the basics.

Iā€™ll give you he has to prove himself over a period vs De Gea but Lloris, behave.

Peace out āœŒļø
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #447: Nov 09, 2018 05:16:40 pm
      Once again I read some posts that appear to be a case of wanting him to fail just to prove the authors were right not to rate him.
      He is doing fine
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #448: Nov 09, 2018 05:18:10 pm
      We all see what we wanna see. Iā€™ve seen a handful of top saves but a lot of regulation saves coming from being very very good at the basics.

Iā€™ll give you he has to prove himself over a period vs De Gea but Lloris, behave.

Peace out

His speed off his line is exceptional.

Llloris is overrated imo
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #449: Nov 09, 2018 05:37:31 pm

Peace out

His speed off his line is exceptional.

Llloris is overrated imo

Lloris is a decent keeper who makes excellent saves.

Give me an exceptional keeper who makes the occasional worldly and Iā€™m happy as a pig in sh*t.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #450: Nov 09, 2018 05:46:15 pm
      https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/990842268125925376

And it doesn't include those he has made this season!!
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #451: Nov 09, 2018 06:13:54 pm

I was comparing the actual world class saves he has made but as the article states  of late makes too many errors but has also saved them plenty better the devil you know I suppose . Sure Alisson will prove his worth and already has with distribution and decision making off line
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #452: Nov 09, 2018 06:44:02 pm
      Alisson looks fine to me. I'm still delighted to be not getting the heebie-jeebies every time I think our goalie might have to do something.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #453: Nov 09, 2018 08:14:30 pm
      What have I started? ;D. Alisson is fine and we will be too. I started all this after the second goal went in. I was disappointed and called him out for the mistakes he made and acted like he didnā€™t save us points in the Brighton and Chelsea games. The dude was under fire a lot in the Napoli game and made some tough decisions to give us a shot. In the end I want him to save the Lamela near post shots and make better decisions on position with the Chelsea and Arsenal goals. I want that because heā€™s my keeper and Iā€™m ready to win things. However, at this point he has been good enough for us to be where we are, and if our midfield and attack was better this conversation wouldnā€™t exist.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #454: Nov 09, 2018 09:48:07 pm
      What have I started? ;D. Alisson is fine and we will be too. I started all this after the second goal went in. I was disappointed and called him out for the mistakes he made and acted like he didnā€™t save us points in the Brighton and Chelsea games. The dude was under fire a lot in the Napoli game and made some tough decisions to give us a shot. In the end I want him to save the Lamela near post shots and make better decisions on position with the Chelsea and Arsenal goals. I want that because heā€™s my keeper and Iā€™m ready to win things. However, at this point he has been good enough for us to be where we are, and if our midfield and attack was better this conversation wouldnā€™t exist.

Firstly - I know you just wanna win things and youā€™re a decent poster so good luck to you 👍

But I think you misunderstand me mate. I just donā€™t believe  the things you refer to ARE  goalkeeper errors - thatā€™s the point.

The ball hitting the back of the next is not a goalkeeper error but youā€™ve listed half the goals weā€™ve conceded......if he was genuinely at fault weā€™d have been robbed by Roma!

Thereā€™s a lot of frustration about just now and I just think thereā€™s a tendency to attribute every goal to one error.

Most are down to an accumulation of little things and one big one - the opponent.

Leicester was him - despite the odd eejit trying to put it onto Hendo and VVD 🤣.

Yes the other night looked clumsy - but thatā€™s what weā€™re reacting to not a handling error or a rush of blood etc. The goal was 50% on Milner / Gini and VVD and 50% on the big forward (who had a stormer btw) for me anyways.

Laters.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #455: Nov 10, 2018 12:10:51 am
      Firstly - I know you just wanna win things and youā€™re a decent poster so good luck to you 👍

But I think you misunderstand me mate. I just donā€™t believe  the things you refer to ARE  goalkeeper errors - thatā€™s the point.

The ball hitting the back of the next is not a goalkeeper error but youā€™ve listed half the goals weā€™ve conceded......if he was genuinely at fault weā€™d have been robbed by Roma!

Thereā€™s a lot of frustration about just now and I just think thereā€™s a tendency to attribute every goal to one error.

Most are down to an accumulation of little things and one big one - the opponent.

Leicester was him - despite the odd eejit trying to put it onto Hendo and VVD 🤣.

Yes the other night looked clumsy - but thatā€™s what weā€™re reacting to not a handling error or a rush of blood etc. The goal was 50% on Milner / Gini and VVD and 50% on the big forward (who had a stormer btw) for me anyways.

Laters.

I agree with ya. Thanks for the compliment.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #456: Nov 12, 2018 07:47:19 am
      Done quite well so far, but hasn't scored enough for me. He is brazilian and cost 70 odd million so hurry up ffs
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #457: Nov 12, 2018 08:03:38 am
      Quick thinking for our first goal. Not many in the world would do that
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #458: Nov 12, 2018 08:16:40 am
      fumbled one from Schurrle yesterday.
       I sense I'm in a minority but I'm not convinced by him, dont think its suiting him having next to nothing to do most games
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #459: Nov 12, 2018 10:17:09 am
      Quick thinking for our first goal. Not many in the world would do that

Alisson did well yes but it was VVD who shouted at him to get things going again as he was busy kicking off at someone down our left hand side.

Quick Reply