Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alisson Becker Player Thread (GK)

Read 185737 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Alisson Becker Player Thread
      Reply #460: Nov 12, 2018 10:48:32 am
      fumbled one from Schurrle yesterday.
       I sense I'm in a minority but I'm not convinced by him, dont think its suiting him having next to nothing to do most games

Yeah that was a bit poor, but no goalkeeper is 100% solid, just look at De Gea yesterday. I think we are all being way to critical of Alisson, I think he is a massive improvement over Migs and Karius and remember that this is his first season in the Prem, he'll only get better and better.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #461: Nov 12, 2018 01:53:49 pm
      I think he's doing fine so far, seems mostly unflappable and quick to learn by any mistakes, could do better when parrying shots, but the clean sheet count is a big plus for all members of our defence.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #462: Nov 12, 2018 05:40:49 pm
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #463: Nov 13, 2018 09:12:23 am
      A lot of people judging him on the saves that he hasn’t made rather than the saves he has. So because he hasn’t made saves worthy of a highlight reel, he is suddenly not worth the money. It’s like buying a forward for £100m and saying he is not worth the money because, while he has scored 10 goals in 10 games, they have all been tap-ins. Sure he could have maybe done better with a couple of the goals we have conceded but the aforementioned  forward has also missed chances you would expect him to score.

The stats speak for themselves, this guy has conceded 5 goals in 12 league games and 10 in 16 games overall, keeping 9 clean sheets. Yes our defence has vastly improved but he is a part of that, a very big part of that.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #464: Nov 13, 2018 02:39:01 pm

My Reply to the post made 7-King Kenny-7

No... Have the sense to stop doing it. Understand that you are the last line of defense and play it safe. He had time enough yesterday to play the ball up field and out of play. This would have taken pressure off the back four and given the midfield time to reset

Edit:- reminds me of a WWF wrestler my Nephew use to follow, The Rock... He use to say... Shut your mouth and know your role... Some good advice for you there Alisson

I am so Glad it seems that he has indeed eliminated, this from his game. Though I still believe Ederson Moraes' City's Brazilian goal keeper is the better of the two I am more than content with second best of the two being with us...  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #465: Nov 13, 2018 03:24:28 pm
      My Reply to the post made 7-King Kenny-7

I am so Glad it seems that he has indeed eliminated, this from his game. Though I still believe Ederson Moraes' City's Brazilian goal keeper is the better of the two I am more than content with second best of the two being with us...  ;D

Alisson is better overall than Ederson in my opinion his shot stopping and distribution are both superior. Ederson is better at high balls.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #466: Nov 13, 2018 03:57:50 pm
      Alisson is better overall than Ederson in my opinion his shot stopping and distribution are both superior. Ederson is better at high balls.

I agree, Alisson is better, on the very very few times Ederson gets forced to do his job he's not really that convincing and he is quite prone to errors and giving away penalties!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #467: Nov 13, 2018 04:36:53 pm

I agree, Alisson is better, on the very very few times Ederson gets forced to do his job he's not really that convincing and he is quite prone to errors and giving away penalties!

Allison always struck me as slow to get down and make saves.

But that's not what matters here. What matter here is that he seems to no longer taking stupid, unnecessary risk, trying to dribble around players in the box and is now doing his job and getting rid of the ball even if that means kicking the ball into row Z.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #468: Nov 13, 2018 06:24:46 pm

Evidence please.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #469: Nov 13, 2018 06:49:35 pm

https://youtu.be/E1XxEQOB-OY

A few saves in there that say you're talking through your arse.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #470: Nov 13, 2018 09:15:51 pm
      https://youtu.be/E1XxEQOB-OY

A few saves in there that say you're talking through your arse.

I'll stick by what I said as in most of this compilation the shots were from distance which gave him plenty of time to get down
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #471: Nov 14, 2018 11:51:03 am
      Alisson is very good, I can't understand people who aren't rating him.
      I've never seen such a good keeper here anyway and I started watching more games during the Dudek days.
      When we had David James I didn't watch a lot of football.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #472: Nov 14, 2018 12:26:58 pm
      I am not say that I don't rate Allison, I  am say that I rate Ederson more....

It is like saying just because you go out with the second best looking Girl in Liverpool she is not worth going out with because she is not the best looking girl in Liverpool, Or our front three is not worth having because they are not Ronaldo, Suarez, and Messi...

I merely pointed out that at times i feel he is a little slow getting down. But thinking about it, his size could make it appear that way.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #473: Nov 14, 2018 12:49:47 pm
      I think Ederson's distribution is miles better than Alisson's but apart from that I think Alisson wins in the other areas.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #474: Nov 14, 2018 02:02:27 pm

It is like saying just because you go out with the second best looking Girl in Liverpool she is not worth going out with because she is not the best looking girl in Liverpool, Or our front three is not worth having because they are not Ronaldo, Suarez, and Messi...

I merely pointed out that at times i feel he is a little slow getting down. But thinking about it, his size could make it appear that way.
      to be honest, 2nd best looking girl in Liverpool and 1st would be indistinguishable to an extent.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #475: Nov 14, 2018 02:48:46 pm

Still digging aren't you, so now you add that the Brasil manager is an idiot as well then for not playing Ederson. By the way did you think Ederson fouling Lukaku was especially good or is there some other aspect of his game which is like just so amazing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #476: Nov 14, 2018 02:50:44 pm
      I think Ederson's distribution is miles better than Alisson's but apart from that I think Alisson wins in the other areas.

Is it, or is it just that he has more opportunities to do it, for example Allison's ball to Mo was a thing of absolute beauty, there was no way that could have been done any better, but by and large we don't go for those kinds of passes at the moment as we play a more restrained type of football compared to Citeh.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #477: Nov 15, 2018 08:00:13 pm
      Still digging aren't you, so now you add that the Brasil manager is an idiot as well then for not playing Ederson. By the way did you think Ederson fouling Lukaku was especially good or is there some other aspect of his game which is like just so amazing.
      Think you miss the point...

We all see  notice different things when we look at something, and we can all be attracted by different things. some people will say Ronaldo is the best  and others will say it is Messi. You Say Alisson, and I say Ederson

And as for Ederson fouling Lukaku, all goal keepers will make mistakes from time to time, look at Alisson's mistake that gifted Leicester City  :roll:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #478: Nov 15, 2018 08:19:29 pm
      I didn't rate Reina, Mignolet, Karius, or Bogdan. I think Alisson is the best keeper I have seen in a Liverpool shirt and he is one of the best keepers in the world. I couldn't give a crap about comparing him to Ederson. There is no other keeper we could have got that would have done this well I don't think.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #479: Nov 15, 2018 08:29:19 pm
      Think you miss the point...

We all see  notice different things when we look at something, and we can all be attracted by different things. some people will say Ronaldo is the best  and others will say it is Messi. You Say Alisson, and I say Ederson

And as for Ederson fouling Lukaku, all goal keepers will make mistakes from time to time, look at Alisson's mistake that gifted Leicester City  :roll:
      So far this season.

Ederson 19 saves 5 conceded. 73.7% saved.
      Alisson 25 saves 5 conceded. 80% saved.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #480: Nov 16, 2018 09:51:25 am
      So far this season.

Ederson 19 saves 5 conceded. 73.7% saved.
      Alisson 25 saves 5 conceded. 80% saved.

Lets see how he twists that into Ederson being the better keeper. I have no problem debating with people on here but when people just argue just for the sake of it it does annoy me, so when stats show Alisson as the better keeper, the Brasil team think he's better most commentators think he is better, then at some point you have to realise that Alisson is simply the better keeper, especially considering he is OUR keeper! :-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #481: Nov 16, 2018 09:52:51 am
      5 goals conceded in the league this season, compared to 17 a year ago. Our best defensive start to a league campaign for 40 years. Regardless of how good VVD and Gomez have been, this wouldn’t have been the case with our current bench warmer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/el_mansfield/status/1061778213934784512

Now compare that to that sack o’ sh*te Mignolet over the years. At the midway point of last season, Migs had conceded the same amount of goals as he had made saves (23). His highest saves per goal ratio for us is 1.56. - Link.

Alisson has been worth every single penny so far. Can bet your house if it was another season with either Migs or Karius, they wouldn’t have that record and we wouldn’t be 2 points off 1st right now.

Talking rubbish there, been our best keeper for a long time. What was it, 3 consecutive golden gloves and equalled the club record of 11 consecutive clean sheets, was good with the ball and had a lot of similarities to Alisson so how you can say you didn’t rate him is beyond me. His final couple years at the club weren’t his best but what did you expect? The likes of him, Kuyt, Maxi etc were all deemed unwanted and too old, as well as being demoralised from having to work with Woy.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2018 10:03:51 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #482: Nov 16, 2018 09:58:30 am
      Is it, or is it just that he has more opportunities to do it, for example Allison's ball to Mo was a thing of absolute beauty, there was no way that could have been done any better, but by and large we don't go for those kinds of passes at the moment as we play a more restrained type of football compared to Citeh.

Can't really be arsed to break it down into opportunities to do it and what not, just calling it as I see it. Watching Ederson ping it about last Sunday against United was great to watch, the kid wouldn't look out of place in midfield. That's not to say Alisson's distribution isn't top class (it is). And of course like I said before, Alisson is the better goalkeeper as a whole.

Quick Reply