Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Premier League 2018/19

Read 164511 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Premier League 2018/19
      Reply #552: Nov 04, 2018 08:28:38 pm
      Don't think that people here will want to hear this but I believe that we are out of the title race already... This is a straight dog fight between City and Chelsea unfortunately... We lack quality from the bench, with have only Shaqiri for that both Chelsea and City can  call on a plethora.

Yes we have improved our squad from last season but truth be told, not enough. Add to that thee front three not firing and there we have it. Not good enough.

We need to ship out a few players in the next two windows and bring in two or three quality players. A striker that can fit seamlessly in to the front three. A real play maker for midfield
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #553: Nov 04, 2018 08:46:42 pm
      Don't think that people here will want to hear this but I believe that we are out of the title race already... This is a straight dog fight between City and Chelsea unfortunately... We lack quality from the bench, with have only Shaqiri for that both Chelsea and City can  call on a plethora.

Yes we have improved our squad from last season but truth be told, not enough. Add to that thee front three not firing and there we have it. Not good enough.

We need to ship out a few players in the next two windows and bring in two or three quality players. A striker that can fit seamlessly in to the front three. A real play maker for midfield

2 points behind City, level with Chelsea & your throwing in the towel already?..

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #554: Nov 04, 2018 09:04:13 pm

City and Chelsea haven't played each other yet. One of them, hopefully both of them, are gonna drop points, don't give up hope yet mate.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #555: Nov 04, 2018 09:40:03 pm
      2 points behind City, level with Chelsea & your throwing in the towel already?..
      I am being realistic... From what I have seen even before the Arsenal game i was a push at best for us to win the title this season. Said it before on this forum that form me Chelsea has less chance of dropping points than City...

Everyone believed that the front three would continue were they left of last season, well for whatever reason that is not happening and had it not been for the Penalty miss by City we would be on 25 points now...

I am not a fan of Shaqiri as a player, but he is our best option for quality balls coming from midfield and with us playing the way we are playing, and playing without Shaqiri the front three are living on sharps and we will continue to drop points here and there while City and Chelsea go marching on.

Yes I will continue to hope that we will win the Title, just like I hope that I will win the Euro Millions. IS that likely to happen...? No. Are we likely to win the Premier League this season with things as they stand...? No
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #556: Nov 04, 2018 09:43:11 pm
      City and Chelsea haven't played each other yet. One of them, hopefully both of them, are gonna drop points, don't give up hope yet mate.

Yes that is true, but our best hope is that we can hand in there till the January window and hopefully sell four or five players and get in one real quality play maker in midfield
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #557: Nov 04, 2018 11:54:55 pm
      Yes that is true, but our best hope is that we can hand in there till the January window and hopefully sell four or five players and get in one real quality play maker in midfield

Chelsea are good but I feel that we are stronger than them and Citeh certainly are.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #558: Nov 05, 2018 12:14:34 am

F**k off!
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #559: Nov 05, 2018 12:31:05 am
      I am being realistic... From what I have seen even before the Arsenal game i was a push at best for us to win the title this season. Said it before on this forum that form me Chelsea has less chance of dropping points than City...

Chelsea literally dropped points last week
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #560: Nov 05, 2018 01:50:42 am
      🏳 being waved about by some already.. 😳
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #561: Nov 05, 2018 03:52:23 am
      Out of title race?  :lmao: :lmao:

I wonder what people would've said if that "offside" goal stood.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #562: Nov 05, 2018 10:36:36 am

Bold statement mate as very tight so far. For me Liverpool have done better than I expected. I said pre season your squad very good now but still not of the standard of City. However, in truth I don't think anyone can match the squad of City at moment.

It's going to be closer than I though but obviously see where your coming from. I wouldn't throw towel in just yet. Could be worse! Be glad your not a United fan.  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #563: Nov 05, 2018 11:45:30 pm

Always nice to have intelligent conversion  :roll:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #564: Nov 05, 2018 11:49:23 pm
      Bold statement mate as very tight so far. For me Liverpool have done better than I expected. I said pre season your squad very good now but still not of the standard of City. However, in truth I don't think anyone can match the squad of City at moment.

It's going to be closer than I though but obviously see where your coming from. I wouldn't throw towel in just yet. Could be worse! Be glad your not a United fan.  ;D
      I liked United when Keegan was manager Keith  :angel:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #565: Nov 06, 2018 07:46:42 am
      I liked United when Keegan was manager Keith  :angel:

:lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #566: Nov 06, 2018 12:04:59 pm

I think that unless we can get the forward line playing well we will have little or no chance of winning the league but if we can do that coupled with Fabinho and Keita settling in and barring any injury crisis then we can run Citeh very tight but at the moment I can't see any other winner than Citeh but its still along way to go and whilst we remain within a few points its far to soon to wave the white flag.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #567: Nov 06, 2018 12:12:09 pm
      At this point last season, City were 8 pts clear. We are only 2 pts behind. We are making a draw at Arsenal sound like a loss to Fulham. Yes, city are setting the stage on fire. But, we are grinding out results. The end result is just the same. As Jürgen says, we need to be in the conversation, which we are, and we will see how it is in April/May.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #568: Nov 06, 2018 01:36:38 pm
      I think that unless we can get the forward line playing well we will have little or no chance of winning the league but if we can do that coupled with Fabinho and Keita settling in and barring any injury crisis then we can run Citeh very tight but at the moment I can't see any other winner than Citeh but its still along way to go and whilst we remain within a few points its far to soon to wave the white flag.
      I think that is the point most people miss. The front three are not firing and we seem to be creating little of quality from our midfield to help them... I know that I have been banging on about Shaqiri, but he is the only one on the team that when playing can deliver quality passes on a regular basis into areas that forward dream of receiving the ball, without that type of service the front line struggle...
      Yes chances are created without him being on the field, but they are of lesser quality, and fewer in number therefor less chance of scoring...

He has his bad points but if it means we are getting more quality opportunities of scoring goal then the little that he takes away for defending is worth playing him even in games against the other top 5 teams, and the more that he is played the more he will learn and find his way. But we need to start doing something now...

Alternatively:-Come January we pay Wolves a sh*t load of money for Ruben Neves....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #569: Nov 06, 2018 02:11:32 pm
      I think that is the point most people miss. The front three are not firing and we seem to be creating little of quality from our midfield to help them... I know that I have been banging on about Shaqiri, but he is the only one on the team that when playing can deliver quality passes on a regular basis into areas that forward dream of receiving the ball, without that type of service the front line struggle...
      Yes chances are created without him being on the field, but they are of lesser quality, and fewer in number therefor less chance of scoring...

He has his bad points but if it means we are getting more quality opportunities of scoring goal then the little that he takes away for defending is worth playing him even in games against the other top 5 teams, and the more that he is played the more he will learn and find his way. But we need to start doing something now...

Alternatively:-Come January we pay Wolves a sh*t load of money for Ruben Neves....

100% agree, we need to start playing either Lallana or Shaq in most games, we need to get more attacks coming from midfield. The only exception might be in games where we need to defend a bit more but even there I'm a big advocate of attack being the best from of defense, that certainly seems to work well for Citeh and Arsenal at the moment.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #570: Nov 10, 2018 01:10:04 pm
      Cardiff lot doing well to get that Brighton player sent off there.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #571: Nov 10, 2018 03:51:07 pm
      Maybe my eyesights going but geez the Newcastle/Bournemouth kits are too similarly coloured.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #572: Nov 10, 2018 07:25:14 pm
      F**k Spuds win again.

Palace had chances to equalise but too sh*t to put it away.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #573: Nov 11, 2018 10:13:52 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EdICmXm4Eg

Fair F***ing play Charlie Austin. Now watch the FA ban and fine him like the bunch of F***ing clowns they are.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #574: Nov 11, 2018 10:29:42 am
      How many games can you cram into a day.. 😂

Plus the F1...

Quick Reply