Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool "unluckiest" PL team & Manchester United "luckiest", says study

Read 6507 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Liverpool "unluckiest" PL team & Manchester United "luckiest", says study
      Reply #23: Aug 09, 2018 12:44:22 pm
      Said VAR would benefit us by about 6-9 points. These figures out today showing we have been done out of 9-12 points is no surprise. I think if this type of survey/study was carried out over the past 10 years, it would've shown we've been cheated out of 30-40 points or more.

It would've also shown the blatant prejudice shown in favour of Mancheater United. These figures are the best argument so far, that show VAR is needed to straighten out the prejudice against us. And that smaller clubs will get fair decisions against the top teams.

Var not being introduced this season will see the cheating against us continue.

I suppose you think Tupac is still alive aswel?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #24: Aug 09, 2018 04:21:45 pm
      If you like mate.  Maybe City's 2 wrongly disallowed goals in the CL semi should be factored into the argument, not just those that went against us!

OK lets factor them in, oh look we still go through 5-3, NEXT!!!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #25: Aug 09, 2018 04:31:10 pm
      OK lets factor them in, oh look we still go through 5-3, NEXT!!!
      If City had been 2 up at half time at the Etihad, the outcome could well have been different.  Do you have no concept of the Butterfly effect??!!!  NEXT!!!!!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Aug 09, 2018 06:33:49 pm
      Not strange at all:

1, Why should johnny foreigner tell us how to run our game, we invented it.
      2, FA can't manipulate results to suit their cash cow.

Bit of a stupid reply. I wasn't saying we should copy the Germans. The FA will eventually introduce VAR, I was merely pointing out that the FA are dragging their feet.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #27: Aug 09, 2018 06:36:39 pm
      I suppose you think Tupac is still alive aswel?

I suppose you think aswel or aswell..or I could be exaggerating..
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #28: Aug 09, 2018 06:59:00 pm
      All it took was one goal against City at Anfield to see them collapse. All it took was one goal against them at their place to see them collapse.

The ghost goal that was given after 2 minutes, should have been ruled out for a foul on VVD. So despite their protests, they benefitted from having no VAR.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #29: Aug 09, 2018 08:13:32 pm
      Bit of a stupid reply. I wasn't saying we should copy the Germans. The FA will eventually introduce VAR, I was merely pointing out that the FA are dragging their feet.

What ever, but I was giving my reason why the FA were not introducing VAR, when past evidence showed that it would have benefited us, and the England team.

Var is used in Germany..

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/soccer-rules-how-does-var-video-assist-work-in-germany-474105.jsp

Also in Italy and Portugal I think. Spain has plans to start with it, either this season or next. Given that the Premier League is the richest in the world it's strange that the FA have not put VAR in place. Probably blatant incompetence, if so nobody would be surprised.

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #30: Aug 09, 2018 08:44:26 pm
      My take on VAR is yes has to come in if used correctly, it will still get some things wrong but will get more right than wrong.
      Football is certainly changing................ ..................
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: Aug 12, 2018 07:25:35 pm
      So we got lucky with Mane's second goal so it's...

Liverpool 1 Var 0..

try and keep score as we go thru the season..
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #32: Aug 12, 2018 07:58:54 pm
      We got away with that, but it's an inconsequential decision in our favour. The crux of the matter is when key decisions go against or for us. A key goal, or officiating decision.

The 3rd goal whilst leading 2-0 merely added a final nail to the coffin, but there was no West Ham comeback on the cards, and it really didn't make any difference.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Aug 12, 2018 10:28:51 pm
      We got away with that, but it's an inconsequential decision in our favour. The crux of the matter is when key decisions go against or for us. A key goal, or officiating decision.

The 3rd goal whilst leading 2-0 merely added a final nail to the coffin, but there was no West Ham comeback on the cards, and it really didn't make any difference.

To be fair we can't say they don't matter when we get the decision and howl when it goes against us. Only fair way is to keep track regardless of when they happen.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #34: Aug 12, 2018 11:16:53 pm
      Fair enough, but can't we follow an American system and add an extra point for a key match decision or something..  ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Aug 27, 2018 08:53:04 pm
      Excerpt from Scum v Spuds Match Report tonight ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/44953722

39 mins
      Get Involved #bbcfootball

Manchester United 0-0 Tottenham

Sonny: Manchester Utd get another decision at OT go their way again. We need VAR to stop this obvious bias!

Kev: And that’s why United will never vote in favour of VAR

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #36: Aug 27, 2018 09:53:57 pm
      Looks like not even the refeeres will be able to save United's season.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #37: Aug 29, 2018 11:01:03 pm
      Looks like not even the refeeres will be able to save United's season.

Man Utd league titles:

20 - before Howard Webb retired

0 - since Howard Webb retired

It’s not centre backs Jose needs to buy 😳 https://t.co/cjTmAEPxPS
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #38: Aug 30, 2018 12:06:06 am
      Its all too subjective and relative. A Red card may be given but the pen taker could miss. Extra Injury time might produce a goal or not. This is all pseudo statistics going to prove one point and not the whole case. Its misappropriation of certain statistics to quantify a specific argument. These same stats can prove the exact opposite.

Quick Reply