Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Pre-Match: Leicester City V Liverpool (01/09/18 - 12:30)

Read 10910 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Pre-Match: Leicester City V Liverpool (01/09/18 - 12:30)
      Reply #69: Aug 31, 2018 01:17:48 pm
      Will be Fabinho IMO. Reckon that’s when Klopp is looking to put him in there.

I agree he is just getting him up to speed of the league and our tactics just like Robbo and Ox took time.

I really hope you guys are right!!!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #70: Aug 31, 2018 02:18:13 pm
      Some ridiculous theories making some well established posters look like total lunatics, just so they can back captain sidepass.
      World cup finished months ago and people are still blaming world cup fatigue for his absence, if that's the case he outa retire... a grandma running the London marathon would be recovered already. He has been on the bench all month.. if he can't get fit he must be eating kebabs and doing drugs! seriously guys.. enough with the excuses! The truth is even with Ox out, our midfield is better than last season and Hendo can't be a gaurenteed starter. People are just not able to accept that fact..... even though the more logical posters have been pre warning of this happening this season and taking flak from Hendonites.
      Regardless of what Henderson is good at, he doesn't offer enough in our team to warrent a first 11 spot.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #71: Aug 31, 2018 02:22:22 pm
      Some ridiculous theories making some well established posters look like total lunatics,

Because people don’t agree with your opinion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #72: Aug 31, 2018 02:22:44 pm
      Some ridiculous theories making some well established posters look like total lunatics, just so they can back captain sidepass.
      World cup finished months ago and people are still blaming world cup fatigue for his absence, if that's the case he outa retire... a grandma running the London marathon would be recovered already. He has been on the bench all month.. if he can't get fit he must be eating kebabs and doing drugs! seriously guys.. enough with the excuses! The truth is even with Ox out, our midfield is better than last season and Hendo can't be a gaurenteed starter. People are just not able to accept that fact..... even though the more logical posters have been pre warning of this happening this season and taking flak from Hendonites.
      Regardless of what Henderson is good at, he doesn't offer enough in our team to warrent a first 11 spot.

After all that, Henderson is definitely bound to start tomorrow!!

trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #73: Aug 31, 2018 02:27:15 pm
      I'm quite happy for Hendo and Gini to be rotated in that No.6 role. Maybe Fabinho was purchased for that role but he can can play box to box and as a defender. I think he may take a little longer to get used to the way we play and the speed of the EPL than what Robbo and Ox did. The later had previous experience of the EPL as Fabinho hasn't.  I'm sure he'll get it in the end but I'd imagine it's a shock to the system when he's watching the games.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #74: Aug 31, 2018 02:27:33 pm
      Henderson played a damn sight more than AA at the world
      Doesn't mean anything, Sterling and Hendo against Croatia? That meant exit. If that were Rashford and Milner, England would have done better... but Southgate has no tactical skills.. same tactics and lineup every match. Why are you even comparing a full backs performances to a DM anyway? It is no different from comparing Alisson to Salah.
      TAA is quality and still young, he has a talent and it is easier to spot.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #75: Aug 31, 2018 02:32:16 pm
      Doesn't mean anything, Sterling and Hendo against Croatia? That meant exit. If that were Rashford and Milner, England would have done better... but Southgate has no tactical skills.. same tactics and lineup every match. Why are you even comparing a full backs performances to a DM anyway? It is no different from comparing Alisson to Salah.

Hang on, you kept insisting last season that Milner's "legs are gone".

Mostly because you say the same thing about every player over 30.

So now his legs haven't gone and England would have won the World Cup if Milner was playing?

That's a hell of a turnaround.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #76: Aug 31, 2018 03:05:29 pm
      Doesn't mean anything, Sterling and Hendo against Croatia? That meant exit. If that were Rashford and Milner, England would have done better... but Southgate has no tactical skills.. same tactics and lineup every match.

And the fact England always blow it, you forgot that excuse as well :laugh:

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #77: Aug 31, 2018 03:06:41 pm

? on what evidence
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #78: Aug 31, 2018 03:26:52 pm

You are not stating any facts though - you are posting an opinion , Henderson returned to pre season training the week before the season started so about 4 weeks behind most of the others , there is your first fact

Calling him Captain “sideways” - again just an opinion because it’s been proved factually that he doesn’t just pass it sideways

What will be a fact is Klopp will put Henderson into the team when he believes he is ready and when the big games comes around

So when you post suggesting fact and truths at least make sure they are as opposed to just an opinion
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #79: Aug 31, 2018 03:37:59 pm
      Hang on, you kept insisting last season that Milner's "legs are gone".
      No I didn't. I always have been a fan of Milner, I said he should be captain in the past, before we got VVD.
      I have been a massive backer of Milner since he arrived here.
      Don't make up stories that are not true.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #80: Aug 31, 2018 03:50:41 pm

I think you have clearly missed the point - it wasn’t about performances it was about the fact Henderson played a lot more minutes at the World CUp hence why had longer off after and didn’t come back to Pre season until a couple weeks after AA - hence why AA is starting games already and Henderson is still getting up to fitness

The rest of your post is irrelevant “ifs”
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #81: Aug 31, 2018 03:59:03 pm
      I think you have clearly missed the point - it wasn’t about performances it was about the fact Henderson played a lot more minutes at the World CUp hence why had longer off after and didn’t come back to Pre season until a couple weeks after AA - hence why AA is starting games already and Henderson is still getting up to fitness

The rest of your post is irrelevant “ifs”
      French, Croatian, Belgian and the rest of the England players are playing for their clubs. Example: Maquire is not sitting on the sub bench is he? Is Kane? etc..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,196 posts | 3477 
      Reply #82: Aug 31, 2018 04:11:41 pm
      French, Croatian, Belgian and the rest of the England players are playing for their clubs. Example: Maquire is not sitting on the sub bench is he? Is Kane? etc..

Maguire is Leicester’s only decent CB and they needed him to play , Spurs have no other striker so Kane has to play and both of them will suffer later in the season because they haven’t had a long enough break - same with any player returning from the WC without a good break to recharge

Thankfully we have a strong squad that allows players like Henderson and Lovren to have a well earned break but both will played a lot of games during the up coming season
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #83: Aug 31, 2018 04:43:38 pm

Most of your post , the prosecution rests it's case m'lud
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #84: Aug 31, 2018 05:15:58 pm

I have no issue with you thinking Gini is a better player and just saying ‘that’s just what I think’. It’s the bullshit about how he’s more expansive and plays more forward passes that just isn’t true. Henderson passing more ‘sideways’ than any other player in his position in the league is a complete myth, there are no figures to back it up.

It’s like that movie ‘The Number 23’ if you become obsessed about looking for one thing then you’ll only see that. I can imagine you sitting in front of the telly and every time Henderson doesn’t play a through ball or cross field pass you go ‘look there it is again!’ And completely ignore the whole other spectrum of passing that’s going on.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,614 posts | 7142 
      Reply #85: Aug 31, 2018 05:40:07 pm

Klopp is going to pick him when he is fit because he does the job he asks him to very well its why he got so much praise at the WC.
      He may not catch they eye too often but Klopp likes what he does.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,718 posts | 3941 
      Reply #86: Aug 31, 2018 05:54:44 pm
      If we keep it tight like we’ve been doing and the front 3 click into gear then I can only see a win.

The thing is, Leicester do seem to turn up against us so we’ll see.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #87: Aug 31, 2018 06:01:15 pm
      If we keep it tight like we’ve been doing and the front 3 click into gear then I can only see a win.

The thing is, Leicester do seem to turn up against us so we’ll see.

I think they will play it safe and play 4 full backs and just defend and hit us on the counter.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4413 
      Reply #88: Aug 31, 2018 06:03:13 pm
      I think they will play it safe and play 4 full backs and just defend and hit us on the counter.

Have they got any pace on the counter with Mahrez gone and Vardy being suspended, not sure who their strikers are these days.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #89: Aug 31, 2018 06:08:23 pm
      Have they got any pace on the counter with Mahrez gone and Vardy being suspended, not sure who their strikers are these days.

I am guessing, Iheanacho and Gray, but quality isn't that of Vardy or Mahrez.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #90: Aug 31, 2018 06:11:51 pm
      No I didn't. I always have been a fan of Milner, I said he should be captain in the past, before we got VVD.
      I have been a massive backer of Milner since he arrived here.
      Don't make up stories that are not true.

I'm not making anything up.
      You've said it on numerous occasions about numerous players, including Milner; "he's over 30, his legs are gone" which in and of itself is a ridiculous assertion, which you now compound by denying it, simply so you can have more digs at Henderson.

It's all a bit silly.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #91: Aug 31, 2018 06:14:05 pm

I completely forget about Vardy being suspended.

Leicester went downhill a fair bit after Kante left, and Mahrez was probably their most potent weapon, and now with Vardy out as well, I really fancy us to get a good result.

Quick Reply