Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v PSG?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      1 (0.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      16 (11.8%)
      James Milner
      62 (45.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      31 (22.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      10 (7.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      4 (2.9%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (0.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 134

Voting closed: Sep 22, 2018 09:53:41 pm

Liverpool 3-2 Paris St Germain: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25940 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Liverpool 3-2 Paris St Germain: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Sep 18, 2018 11:33:25 pm
      https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1042169797562327040

Was Klopp talking about PSG's front 3 or ours? :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #576: Sep 18, 2018 11:35:06 pm
      Let's not start that body language analysis again, shall we. Salah hasn't been playing as well as he could, so he's frustrated. No sh*t Sherlock, it happens all the time and it's fairly normal. Every time Suarez had a bad patch people would go on the same type of over-analysis - his attitude this and that, he's being selfish, bla bla bla. People said the same about Sadio Mané last season, he's had a great start to this season so no one seems to be worried about his body language now. Let's not go there again. Even off his best Salah is still a constant threat and with a bit more luck would've scored tonight. He'll get there. Relax. We're good. Enjoy it.

My thoughts on it right here.

While it is frustrating to see Salah look frustrated, that's it. He's mad at himself for not doing what he has done so often, and to top it off - he knows that second PSG goal is on him. We should be thankful we have a player that isn't an absolute w**ker and doesn't have any accountability. The dude knows we saved his ass from a hell of a lot of media scrutiny, ironically he seems to be copping it for looking frustrated about it now. But for real, guys, it's September. We're flying in the league, flying start to CL - stop trying to find the molehill to make a mountain out of. Salah will come good - he hasn't actually been as bad as some make out, to be fair. And while he's not getting his, Mane and Firmino will get theirs. When they don't, Salah will. It's a machine. We rolling.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #577: Sep 18, 2018 11:37:04 pm
      So, we have had no look goals. Now, we have one eye goal from uncle Bobby. Well done sir Bobby.

Think how good he'll be when he starts using both eyes.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #578: Sep 18, 2018 11:38:01 pm
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #579: Sep 19, 2018 12:08:31 am
      Fook me their front 3 are lazy feckers aren't they!? I know McMananaman banged on about it all game but imagine how good they could be with the same work ethic of our lad? It would be pretty frightening.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #580: Sep 19, 2018 12:13:11 am
      Fantastic team performance but I'm getting a bit worried about Salah, he's really not himself, his movement is poor, his passing is terrible and his shooting is tame. I think he needs a bit of a rest, especially with Sturridge showing some good form plus we have Shaq.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #581: Sep 19, 2018 12:21:42 am
      Fook me their front 3 are lazy feckers aren't they!? I know McMananaman banged on about it all game but imagine how good they could be with the same work ethic of our lad? It would be pretty frightening.

Scary indeed, but they lack any kind of discipline at the moment.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #582: Sep 19, 2018 12:21:57 am
      Psg looked sh*te all game, minus their two Cbs (the young French lad looks boss)

Boss that we got that final winner in injury time. Deserved to win, if we drew that would of been a massive mental drop for us, and now we have beaten spurs and psg in 4 days.

Harrisimo

• 8,394 posts | 1423 
      Reply #583: Sep 19, 2018 12:46:29 am
      Milner motm again. Amazingly Milner was signed in June 2015....on a free transfer. On the Salah issue a rest could be as good as a cure. There is also a bit of frustration kicking in with the front 3 in that they play great as a unit but they can be a bit selfish and greedy sometimes. We know Studge can be like that. Bit of patience required from the fans.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #584: Sep 19, 2018 01:00:27 am
      f***in' right! Would have been daylight robbery for those Qatari bas**rds to come away from Anfield with a point!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #585: Sep 19, 2018 01:09:54 am
      We should have been much more comfortable with this result and the Spurs result but hell, will take this. 6/6 and 2/2 in our tough run of 7.

Get in!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #586: Sep 19, 2018 01:11:26 am
      Probably already discussed but saw Rio and some other analysts that broke down Salah’s reaction. Apparently right before he threw the water bottle down he had been celebrating. He then took a drink and threw the bottle on the ground. Sounds like it’s much ado about nothing. Context was necessary.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #587: Sep 19, 2018 01:14:08 am
      I find it absolutely adorable how he always copies and join in with his teammates celebrations haha

I read an interview he gave, fairly recently actually, and he said that regarding Bobby, it’s actually him who comes up with the celebration.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #588: Sep 19, 2018 01:27:31 am
      Magic moment and the hits keep on coming.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #589: Sep 19, 2018 02:04:00 am
      I thought we played well tonight with the difference in the game was the middle of the park where we controlled most of the game and seem to set the pace and whenever PSG tried to threat they were in the right position to kill it off. I really notice Gini who was all over the place tonight helping link the middle with the attacking trio and when required had to do the dirty work winning the ball (I always feel he is more effective further up the pitch then in the #6 role). Nice to see Sturridge score and be somewhat effective up top, get his confidence up high and when given the chance bang in a few goals.

With draw in the other match it is pretty much perfect start for us getting through the the knockout round.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #590: Sep 19, 2018 02:25:53 am
      Amazing performance tonight with a starting midfield that raised many an eyebrow. Frustrating that once again the score does not accurately reflect how superior we were and if not for the one-eyed bandit it would have been a cruel draw, but the W is what counts at the end and we got it. With the other 2 teams drawing we are alone in 1st place  :kop5cf8koxp6:

What a luxury to be able to bring in Bobby, Shaqiri and Fabinho as our subs. This team is ready for great things this season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #591: Sep 19, 2018 03:22:12 am
      I haven't been through the whole thread so not sure this has been mentioned but their away crowd were sensational and our home crowd were abysmal. Not sure if it was the pitch microphones but all I heard all game were the PSG fans. I heard
       a couple of half arsed attempts at ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ, a few seconds of the Mo Salah song and a couple of seconds of Liverpool, Liverpool Liverpool...what was it like at the game?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #592: Sep 19, 2018 03:40:59 am
      Everyone is taking Salahs reaction as if he was angry we won.  Honestly, I see it  as an Alpha competitor who almost gave the game away. He has had a sub par season so far and was frustrated at his performance tonight. I would be more concerned if he showed no emotion.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #593: Sep 19, 2018 03:48:50 am
      I haven't been through the whole thread so not sure this has been mentioned but their away crowd were sensational and our home crowd were abysmal. Not sure if it was the pitch microphones but all I heard all game were the PSG fans. I heard
       a couple of half arsed attempts at ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ, a few seconds of the Mo Salah song and a couple of seconds of Liverpool, Liverpool Liverpool...what was it like at the game?

Hi buddy just got back from the game ,your right about their fans they were on it , don’t know how ours came over so bad because up where I was it was loud and bouncing ,I’ve thought it a few times looking back on games when it was the complete opposite being there live it’s a strange one .
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #594: Sep 19, 2018 04:03:54 am
      Great game. I thought Hendo was good. He does a lot of work and is quite disciplined with it. I think Gomez is just great, he didn't look deflated when they equalised just pissed off and determined. He has confidence and work ethic. Thing about PSG is they can't sub Neymar or Mbappe even if they are doing nothing which Neymar was.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      Reply #595: Sep 19, 2018 04:22:56 am
      Hi buddy just got back from the game ,your right about their fans they were on it , don’t know how ours came over so bad because up where I was it was loud and bouncing ,I’ve thought it a few times looking back on games when it was the complete opposite being there live it’s a strange one .

Cheers mate, yep I reckon it was the pitch microphones because I couldn't hear sh*t from our fans. Glad you were there and can confirm that that wasn't the case, especially considering the Match and the opponent. Cheers Bud.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      Reply #596: Sep 19, 2018 04:26:03 am
      Everyone is taking Salahs reaction as if he was angry we won.  Honestly, I see it  as an Alpha competitor who almost gave the game away. He has had a sub par season so far and was frustrated at his performance tonight. I would be more concerned if he showed no emotion.

Right on mate. He is also human like you and me. If he has no emotion, that is the time for us to worry.

It shows that he is angry / frustrated / hungry and he will come on with fire soon. Come on Salah. Ynwa
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #597: Sep 19, 2018 04:56:57 am
      What can I say!
      LFC, I love you, I really do!

Quick Reply