Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Chelsea?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (3.6%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1.2%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      9 (10.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      10 (11.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.2%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      57 (67.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Sep 30, 2018 09:38:24 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21768 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Sep 27, 2018 03:40:11 pm
      Why did you bother watching the game then? Why are you commenting in this thread?

If it means f**k all to you then piss off and go elsewhere. You won't be missed.

Wah wah wah, come on now pick up your toys and play nice.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #438: Sep 27, 2018 04:55:57 pm

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #439: Sep 27, 2018 05:01:52 pm

Whenever I see Lando, all I think about is him being a pansexual and F***ing L3... well done, Disney!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #440: Sep 27, 2018 05:47:39 pm
      Whenever I see Lando, all I think about is him being a pansexual and F***ing L3... well done, Disney!

Hahaha Lando the robo-f**ker!!

Yeah I had a stupid laugh at that reply :laugh:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #441: Sep 27, 2018 06:34:27 pm

Says you, top three most argumentative posters on here.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #442: Sep 27, 2018 06:35:34 pm

Wouldn't say mad. Just think reds who say 'they'll bi*ch about anything' to others for being a bit disappointed at being knocked out of a cup are tools to be honest.

Got no interest in debating with you either after seeing the state of your posts on here.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #443: Sep 27, 2018 07:02:22 pm
      At the end of the season if we win a trophy then this game and team selection will make sense, Personally I still think playing your strongest team is the best option but then if they run out of steam at the end of the season people will complain we should have rested some players.
      Its a long season concentrating on the league and the CL seems sensible but I think we will have to wait until May before we can dissect the season
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #444: Sep 27, 2018 07:32:24 pm
      At the end of the season if we win a trophy then this game and team selection will make sense, Personally I still think playing your strongest team is the best option but then if they run out of steam at the end of the season people will complain we should have rested some players.
      Its a long season concentrating on the league and the CL seems sensible but I think we will have to wait until May before we can dissect the season
      Thing is, it was a bloody good team. Not our strongest obviously but we had our best midfielder this season out there along with two of our top 5 most expensive players. Up top we had one of our usual three along with two very good forwards. Obviously defence was the weak point, given we made 5 changes but let’s not kid ourselves, Chelsea will make 6 or 7 changes to that starting line up on Saturday. Jürgen, as ever, picked the right team last night.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #445: Sep 27, 2018 07:40:55 pm
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      It's like putting all your eggs in one basket. If we get beat on Saturday we're going to look a bit daft.

It is daft. We've been prioritising competitions since we played this round in 2001 against Grimsby. How many major trophies have we won since then?

Don't get the "rest" idea either. When you're winning games, you don't feel tired. Until this one, we were winning games one after the other, once a week, twice a week whatever, we won them. Now the run has stopped and those niggles suddenly become injuries and in less than 72 hours, we play the same team again in a very difficult away game, which after this result, has got that bit harder.

In our "free" week next month, we'll be training, double sessions per day, playing games against each other to prepare for the weekend. So there won't be time to rest that week. Unfortunately there won't be a trophy to compete for either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #446: Sep 27, 2018 09:06:42 pm

Honestly didn't have a problem with the line up, was always going to be a few changes, a said last night after the game, we invited pressure on pissing round at the back. Don't see the same problem on Saturday and gutted to get knocked out by the rent boys.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #447: Sep 27, 2018 09:17:45 pm
      Be honest first 11 is good as any top 4 in league, but still feel we end up 2 or 3 in league no trophy end of it all, still think b team players not as good as city or Chelsea back up players, so still need two or three players come on change game or help us see out game keep defense tight l like see Jones give go in midfield last nite he be like Trent next young player make here in first team, class player
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #448: Sep 27, 2018 10:49:58 pm
      Some good debate on here, as there always is when we lose!  Let's not get too heated.  We're out. Done.  We deserved better, but only just. 

I can see Klopp's dilemma over selection, but for me swapping out the entire back 5 was asking for trouble.  We actually could have conceded more due to Moreno's poor defending and the general lack of leadership back there.  For that reason, I wish we'd kept VVD in alongside Matip and maybe put Millie at LB - don't we all know the risks we take with Albie?  Time's up there, surely to god?

Also, it seemed to me he left the subs late.  Just an observation, but we were inviting their pressure well before the changes were made and it looked like lack of match fitness to me that was causing it, defenders playing 'safe' (ie fannying around at the back).

As has been said, win on Saturday and all is forgotten, but win last night and Saturday looks easier.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #449: Sep 27, 2018 10:57:52 pm
      Be honest first 11 is good as any top 4 in league, but still feel we end up 2 or 3 in league no trophy end of it all, still think b team players not as good as city or Chelsea back up players, so still need two or three players come on change game or help us see out game keep defense tight l like see Jones give go in midfield last nite he be like Trent next young player make here in first team, class player

You're right, mate, our B team lads aren't as good, apart from the odd exception (Shaqiri for one).  I think we have the attackers to change the game but maybe not the defenders to see out the game and hold a lead. I'm a bit more positive about our trophy-winning chances this season, but I think we have to strengthen at the full back positions, especially on the left for when Andy Robbo is out.   Maybe Jones would have had a run out late on if we'd gone 2-0 up.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #450: Sep 27, 2018 11:47:13 pm
      Just so gutted we lost that, now we go to theirs with them on a high and full of confidence.
      A draw and losing out on pens wouldn’t have been so hurtful, but didn’t expect much from the back line snd the keeper to be fair.
      That’s a huge change in one area of the field, need to be on top form weekend, and we haven’t really done that yet have we 😟
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #451: Sep 28, 2018 12:43:10 am
      For fucks sake ...gutted

How 1 out of the 5 players Hazzard mesmerized, didn't get a right f**king challenge on that c**t and take him out is beyond me.

Don't even mention that VAR F***ing bullshit!!
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #452: Sep 28, 2018 07:53:40 am
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      My mind still won't change on that. Fekir walks into our first 11.

Who would you drop from the current first 11, for him?

He could be another Fabinho. 50 million quid, supposed to walk straight into the side, he's been on the bench scratching himself all season, while he "adjusts" to the way we play. When he had his chance in this game, he was anonymous. Other Klopp signings have hit the ground running on Day 1, even Shaqiri, with limited pre-season. So why hasn't he?
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2018 08:01:00 am by lfc across the water »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #453: Sep 28, 2018 04:36:44 pm
      Who would you drop from the current first 11, for him?

He could be another Fabinho. 50 million quid, supposed to walk straight into the side, he's been on the bench scratching himself all season, while he "adjusts" to the way we play. When he had his chance in this game, he was anonymous. Other Klopp signings have hit the ground running on Day 1, even Shaqiri, with limited pre-season. So why hasn't he?

If you look at ox and Robertson, klopp gave each lengthy spells on the bench before he introduced them to the starting 11. I wouldn't be too concerned over Fabinho just yet. Klopp hasn't spent that sort of money on him just for the sake of it.

Keita has been benched a couple of times this season too but he is still the best midfielder we have on our books.

Fekir falls in the same category. Fekir is a better attacking midfielder than any other player we have at our club right now.

Shaqiri on the other hand plays in either salahs or manes positions and both are better players than him.

If you were picking your strongest 11 right now (presuming everybody is fit and available) to go to Chelsea tomorrow, would shaqiri be in your team? He wouldn't be in mine mate. If we had fekir, he would be though (usually).

To answer your question i wouldn't drop any of the current 11 right now. I would never change a winning team and the lads who are playing are doing a fantastic job.

For example I've always liked James Milner, but this season he's gone up another level and has made himself undroppable for the time being. I didn't see that coming.  I also didn't see Wijnaldum starting most games in the 6 position and flourishing too. He is another one who has risen his game. It's like those two players have looked at Keita and Fabinho and said well good luck trying to get my shirt off me. 

However. Looking at things long term then my midfield three would be Fabinho, Keita and fekir. I think that would be jurgens too because why else would he spend big money on them?

There's no right or wrong answers though. Klopp likes to rotate and different players start in different games. But back to the original point, I personally would prefer fekir over shaqiri, despite being very impressed with shaqiri so far.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #454: Sep 28, 2018 07:29:39 pm
      That image of Shaq getting a roasting off Klopp reminds of my school days he just looks like a scared little boy  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #455: Oct 02, 2018 07:41:11 am
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      If you look at ox and Robertson, klopp gave each lengthy spells on the bench before he introduced them to the starting 11. I wouldn't be too concerned over Fabinho just yet. Klopp hasn't spent that sort of money on him just for the sake of it.

Keita has been benched a couple of times this season too but he is still the best midfielder we have on our books.

Fekir falls in the same category. Fekir is a better attacking midfielder than any other player we have at our club right now.

Shaqiri on the other hand plays in either salahs or manes positions and both are better players than him.

If you were picking your strongest 11 right now (presuming everybody is fit and available) to go to Chelsea tomorrow, would shaqiri be in your team? He wouldn't be in mine mate. If we had fekir, he would be though (usually).

To answer your question i wouldn't drop any of the current 11 right now. I would never change a winning team and the lads who are playing are doing a fantastic job.

For example I've always liked James Milner, but this season he's gone up another level and has made himself undroppable for the time being. I didn't see that coming.  I also didn't see Wijnaldum starting most games in the 6 position and flourishing too. He is another one who has risen his game. It's like those two players have looked at Keita and Fabinho and said well good luck trying to get my shirt off me. 

However. Looking at things long term then my midfield three would be Fabinho, Keita and fekir. I think that would be jurgens too because why else would he spend big money on them?

I wouldn't have Shaqiri in the first XI now, but I also don't know who Fekir would replace. The front three are automatic starters. Hendo usually plays, as does Milner. That leaves one spot left really, between Keita, Wijnaldum, and Fekir. So where does Fekir fit in? Where does Fabinho fit in too? Currently, there are just 3 midfield spots available.

Robbo cost 20% of Fabinho's fee, so leaving him out wasn't so bad. Now we have a 50 million guy on the bench. Something will have to be done about him soon, or he could end up as the next Markovic. An expensive new signing that's now out of sight and out of mind, loaned out to anyone who will have him.

Quick Reply