Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (29/09/18 - 17:30)

Read 10058 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (29/09/18 - 17:30)
      Sep 27, 2018 09:00:10 am

We should have won last night in my opinion but a piece of magic from a world class player was the difference. The good news is the lads only have to wait another two days to get one back and keep our winning run in the league going. I'd go with belwow and I expect a response. Come on Reds!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pre-Match: Chelsea V Liverpool (29/09/18 - 17:30)
      Reply #1: Sep 27, 2018 09:03:19 am
      It's time to make amends by fielding our strongest team and giving Chelsea a good hiding.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2: Sep 27, 2018 09:41:26 am
      Need to show them their place. First XI will blow them out of water.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Sep 27, 2018 09:41:35 am
      It's time to make amends by fielding our strongest team and giving Chelsea a good hiding.

Yeah will be interesting to see if our A team can do better than our B team did yesterday. I was really surprised how many of Chelsea's A team played yesterday, did Sarri miss the memo that no one cares that much about the Carabao cup?
      I think if we can contain Hazard and Alonso then we should win this but Hazard is in full on beast mode at the moment, just like Mo was last season so I'll be stunned if we can keep a clean sheet but we have to get our front three playing well please!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Sep 27, 2018 12:39:39 pm
      Id stringly consider leaving both Hendo and Milner out of this one and drop Shaq back to a middle 3 in a creative role asking Gini to hold

Allison

Trant VVD Joe Andy

shaq  Gini Naby

Mo            Bobby       Sadio
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #5: Sep 27, 2018 01:33:15 pm
      Id stringly consider leaving both Hendo and Milner out of this one and drop Shaq back to a middle 3 in a creative role asking Gini to hold

Allison

Trant VVD Joe Andy

shaq  Gini Naby

Mo            Bobby       Sadio

Absolutely no hope of that happening anyway. They are very strong centrally with runners like Kante & Kovacic. Hazard will likely look for spaces in the middle also. We will need a proper solid midfield three.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Sep 27, 2018 01:36:38 pm
      Absolutely no hope of that happening anyway. They are very strong centrally with runners like Kante & Kovacic. Hazard will likely look for spaces in the middle also. We will need a proper solid midfield three.

At the expense of creativity? Really think well need someone in there who can carry the ball at them or play an unexpexted pass to unlock them. Dont think a 3 of Milner Hendo plus 1 will do it.

I agree chances of it happenning well it wont but for me Id go with that 3 with Bobby dropping to help out when needed
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #7: Sep 27, 2018 01:45:50 pm
      It is going to be different game, think big thing is keeping either Gini/Hendo close to Jorginho to not allow him time to pick out passes and dictate the game. If the front three can have their scoring boots on and take their chances I think we have good shot at getting all 3 points. Line-up pretty much picks itself in terms of back 5 and front 3.

-------------Alisson----------------
      TAA-----VvD----Gomez-----Robbo
      ------Gini----Hendo----Ketia------
      Salah--------Firmino---------Mane
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Sep 27, 2018 01:48:57 pm
      It is going to be different game, think big thing is keeping either Gini/Hendo close to Jorginho to not allow him time to pick out passes and dictate the game

I expect Bobby to be doing a lot of graft on him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: Sep 27, 2018 02:02:38 pm
      There is no one better in world football than Jorginho at playing balls between the lines, and probably most press resistant player in the league, but his weakness is defending the transition/counters and players that break through the lines.

This is where our midfield will really be tested against one of the best midfield setup in Europe, I think the midfield battle will decide whether we win the game or not. I would probably like to see us play a double pivot of Wijnaldum and Keita/Fabinho with Shaqiri in the free role.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Sep 27, 2018 03:49:06 pm
      There is no one better in world football than Jorginho at playing balls between the lines, and probably most press resistant player in the league, but his weakness is defending the transition/counters and players that break through the lines.

This is where our midfield will really be tested against one of the best midfield setup in Europe, I think the midfield battle will decide whether we win the game or not. I would probably like to see us play a double pivot of Wijnaldum and Keita/Fabinho with Shaqiri in the free role.

OK we get it, you LOVE Jorginho, F**k me change the record now please, he went to the chavs we got Keita, live with it!! personally I prefer Keita and I prefer our team, I think we win on Saturday as long as we can contain Hazard.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #11: Sep 27, 2018 04:11:14 pm
      OK we get it, you LOVE Jorginho, f**k me change the record now please, he went to the chavs we got Keita, live with it!! personally I prefer Keita and I prefer our team, I think we win on Saturday as long as we can contain Hazard.

Huh? What was wrong with my post talking about the pros and cons  of their key player? Why are you so triggered? wtf? :o
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #12: Sep 27, 2018 04:34:26 pm
      Huh? What was wrong with my post talking about the pros and cons  of their key player? Why are you so triggered? wtf? :o

His passion is to disagree... :D

Anyway, all I care now is we beat these lots on Saturday, just beat the shites of them.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13: Sep 27, 2018 04:48:48 pm

Its because every second post you mention Jorginho, its getting a bit boring. I agree hes a good player but its like someone droning on and on and on about Messi, its not really that relevant.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14: Sep 27, 2018 04:56:27 pm
      Its because every second post you mention Jorginho, its getting a bit boring. I agree hes a good player but its like someone droning on and on and on about Messi, its not really that relevant.

I think you are still stuck in the past, I haven't been banging on about Jorginho since he joined Chelsea, nor have I been watching him play regularly like how I did when he was at Napoli, but please, do prove me wrong and quote the amount of times I have been mentioninghim  in pretty much every second post this season or since he joined Chelsea?

FYI, the player I have been banging on about is Fabinho :)

Oh, and we are playing Chelsea, so yeah, there is gonna be some Jorginho talk from me, I guess you have to just deal with it and not get so angry over nothing.
      « Last Edit: Sep 27, 2018 05:04:42 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #15: Sep 27, 2018 05:03:29 pm
      Alisson
      TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo
      Gini-Hendo-Milly
      Salah-Mané-Bobby

No experiments. The above team has most experience with each other, it's well attuned. Keita has flashes, but still not consistent. One time I'd like Shaq to play for Hendo. It would be a very aggressive team where midfield and attack is not parted. But it would also be very risky, more an idea for if we are behind.

If we don't lose I'll be happy. Chelsea is as strong as it gets, much underappreciated.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16: Sep 27, 2018 05:07:40 pm
      Alisson
      TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo
      Gini-Hendo-Milly
      Salah-Mané-Bobby

No experiments. The above team has most experience with each other, it's well attuned. Keita has flashes, but still not consistent. One time I'd like Shaq to play for Hendo. It would be a very aggressive team where midfield and attack is not parted. But it would also be very risky, more an idea for if we are behind.

If we don't lose I'll be happy. Chelsea is as strong as it gets, much underappreciated.

I think another good way to stifle them is to play a lot higher up the pitch and suffocate them, so that midfield would be ideal, but how often have we seen teams do that vs Sarri? But then, when has Sarri played vs best pressing team in world football? Never...
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #17: Sep 27, 2018 07:57:27 pm
      Alisson
      TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo
      Gini-Hendo-Milly
      Salah-Mané-Bobby

Alisson
                                               TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo
                                                  Shaqiri-Hendo-Milly
                                                  Salah-ManĂ©-Bobby
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #18: Sep 27, 2018 08:00:41 pm
                                                             Alisson
                                               TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo
                                                  Shaqiri-Hendo-Milly
                                                  Salah-ManĂ©-Bobby

Shaq is not going to be starting in the midfield...not a chance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: Sep 27, 2018 08:09:58 pm
                                                             Alisson
                                               TAA-Gomez-VVD-Robbo
                                                  Shaqiri-Hendo-Milly
                                                  Salah-ManĂ©-Bobby

Swap Keita & Gini for Hendo and Shaqiri would be closer to the team I would start.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #20: Sep 27, 2018 08:15:23 pm
      Swap Keita & Gini for Hendo and Shaqiri would be closer to the team I would start.

I wager the mid-field is going to be Hendo/Gini/Milner; lot's of discipline needed and probably why the gaffer gave Hendo/Milner 45 minutes but Keita played the full 90.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #21: Sep 27, 2018 08:37:09 pm
      I wager the mid-field is going to be Hendo/Gini/Milner; lot's of discipline needed and probably why the gaffer gave Hendo/Milner 45 minutes but Keita played the full 90.

After watching last night, Keita deserves to start before Hendo. Imo Hendo had a stinker and was easily wound up by Hazard. I thought Keita did very well in the second half. Not much he could do for Hazard's goal with him being on a yellow.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22: Sep 27, 2018 08:40:52 pm
      After watching last night, Keita deserves to start before Hendo. Imo Hendo had a stinker and was easily wound up by Hazard. I thought Keita did very well in the second half. Not much he could do for Hazard's goal with him being on a yellow.

I would imagine anybody would have a stinker covering Hazard with the defensive players he had last night behind him.

We shall see, be shocked honestly if it's anything other than those aforementioned 3.

Quick Reply