Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Crystal Palace (19/01/19 - 15:00)

Read 15463 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Crystal Palace (19/01/19 - 15:00)
      Reply #69: Jan 16, 2019 10:37:25 pm
      Or let's get rid of players mid season when you already have defensive injuries.

We got rid of someone that isn’t favoured. He wouldn’t have played. Klopp prefers Milner/Gomez/Fab there and even if Clyne was here, he wouldn’t be playing this weekend.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #70: Jan 16, 2019 10:48:32 pm
      We got rid of someone that isn’t favoured. He wouldn’t have played. Klopp prefers Milner/Gomez/Fab there and even if Clyne was here, he wouldn’t be playing this weekend.

Must have dreamt him playing v united then. Anyway can't be arsed with this , anymore as we aren't going to agree so let's move on
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #71: Jan 16, 2019 11:01:47 pm
      Must have dreamt him playing v united then. Anyway can't be arsed with this , anymore as we aren't going to agree so let's move on

That game where Gomez, TAA and Milly were all out?

Yeah.
      Kopite78
      Reply #72: Jan 16, 2019 11:07:41 pm
      I'd rather have one too many options than one too short

🤷‍♂️
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #73: Jan 16, 2019 11:23:20 pm
      Interesting all this Clyne debate should we have loaned him or not.

End of the day Klopp let him go knowing full well Gomez was still injured, yeah sure if TAA got injured Milner could cover.

If we get a couple of injuries in midfield that means one less midfielder in Midfield available to cover.

I think those who are against the Clyne loan move are more concerned that this is not how you improve your chances of winning a league.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #74: Jan 17, 2019 12:43:59 am
      Gini and Trent out for this one then?

Alisson

Milner    Matip    Van Dijk    Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson    Keita

Salah    Firmino    Mane

Save Shaqiri as an impact sub.

Palace aren't very good so I expect 3 points this weekend.

That team is still stronger than any other side the other teams, bar City, can put on the field. If we do end up dropping points, it sure as hell won't be because Clyne didn't play. We have more than enough firepower to outscore any opponent we'll face in the coming games and Milner is experienced enough to deal with that situation for a couple of games.

I'm sure Klopp and his backroom staff will have a plan to cut out all or most of the supply to Zaha which will hopefully make Palace resort to hoofing it upfield in behind our defensive line. Alisson, Matip and Van Dijk will easily deal with that. Get enough cover around Milner and we'll be fine. Zaha is their only real threat. Townsend has looked good because of a few screamers, but his overall game isn't something to be worried about. Milner has faced bigger tests and he has dealt with Sterling very well too in the past. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #75: Jan 17, 2019 05:14:31 am
      Interesting all this Clyne debate should we have loaned him or not.

End of the day Klopp let him go knowing full well Gomez was still injured, yeah sure if TAA got injured Milner could cover.

If we get a couple of injuries in midfield that means one less midfielder in Midfield available to cover.

I think those who are against the Clyne loan move are more concerned that this is not how you improve your chances of winning a league.

Because Jürgen Klopp doesn’t know how to improve his chances of winning a league?

Please.

He deems two (or three if you include Fab) players who aren’t natural RBs (Milly and Joe) to be better than Clyne.

That should be the final and overriding thought of anyone questioning the move.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #76: Jan 17, 2019 06:34:46 am
      Because Jürgen Klopp doesn’t know how to improve his chances of winning a league?

Please.

He deems two (or three if you include Fab) players who aren’t natural RBs (Milly and Joe) to be better than Clyne.

Don’t understand the outrage about Clyne third choice RB who has played 110 minutes of competitive football after an awfully long time out.
      We lost Coutinho and kicked on to the CL final don’t think loaning Clyne will matter one iota come May.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #77: Jan 17, 2019 07:34:48 am

Please.

We seem to go through this same scenario every year when we get hit with injuries and run players into the ground covering those injured.

I know Jürgen likes to work with a small squad and that may be the reason for authorising such moves or he has asked for a replacement but until he shifts the likes of Clyne the funds are not available.

Moving the likes of Milner or Fab just means one less option for midfield how is that ideal?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #78: Jan 17, 2019 08:27:18 am
      Yea, ideally wouldn't start playing musical chairs. Would not move Robbo. Milly is a wily player and knows the position - put him in there and keep changes to a minimum.
      Agree team picks itself apart from Keita/Shaq - I'd go Shaq.  Can see why might start Keita, give him time to work his way into the game/get some confidence. Could really do with an in form Keita for the run in. If only he was playing a bit better, just feels risky using these games where we *need* 3 points to try bed him in.

OK OK regarding Robertson, I sort of agree but Milner v Zaha does worry me. Regarding midfield I'd be tempted to play Keita and Shaq alongside Fabinho or Henderson, depending on if Fabinho needs to play CB.
      We have to get Keita properly up to speed as we WILL need him in the run in and the only way to do that is by giving him minutes on the pitch, I'm certain he will come good for us.
      By the way do we not need 3 points from all our games? ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #79: Jan 17, 2019 08:28:39 am

and what happens if Milner gets injured again, who do we play at RB then?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #80: Jan 17, 2019 08:44:12 am
      and what happens if Milner gets injured again, who do we play at RB then?

Gomez I expect.

With both Joel and Degsy there to cover cb.

But - TAA out for only 3 games tops it looks like.

On reflection I do understand the nervousness re making the squad weaker - I just think all sides draw a line somewhere and - bluntly - Jürgen has drawn it as his 4th choice RB/LB.

I can’t really argue with that.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #81: Jan 17, 2019 08:57:31 am
      Only thing I care is that Keita starts. If not in a home game against a weak side then when? The dude needs playing time to build up confidence and PL experience. We need him to explode...soon!!!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #82: Jan 17, 2019 09:16:29 am
      These next two games against Palace and Leicester are the two games Man City got zero points from recently so, as long as we continue our relentless grinding down of teams attitude we shouldn't have any problem collecting 3 points from each.
      Yes, Palace have Zaha and a decent keeper but we have far more threat which they need to be more worried about.
      Once Van Dyke puts Benchteke on his arse after 5 minutes he'll have him in his back pocket.
      Another "No Look" volley from Bobby would do nicely too  ;D

Looking forward to witnessing another title winning display from the Reds

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #83: Jan 17, 2019 09:18:51 am
      Only thing I care is that Keita starts. If not in a home game against a weak side then when? The dude needs playing time to build up confidence and PL experience. We need him to explode...soon!!!

Palace are not a weak side.

I expect to win but this will not be easy.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #84: Jan 17, 2019 09:34:36 am
      We lost Coutinho and kicked on to the CL final don’t think loaning Clyne will matter one iota come May.

Right - we lost Cou - but made a bundle of cash and signed one of the top CBs in the world [the best imho].

Letting players go, not signing someone this Jan - when competing with a team as strong as Citeh, and manager like Pep, it can be fine margins.  It's not just about the PL, we have home/away legs in the CL too, that we want to progress in.

But - hopefully it won't matter, and we get guys back from injury in time.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #85: Jan 17, 2019 09:37:08 am

Agree, ask Citeh, they can be good on their day.
      Citeh got rocked back though with some excellent finishing, so hopefully that's the CP flash in the pan out of the way.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: Jan 17, 2019 09:38:54 am
      We have to get Keita properly up to speed as we WILL need him in the run in and the only way to do that is by giving him minutes on the pitch, I'm certain he will come good for us.

Deffo could be doing with Keita contributing in the run in, so maybe he will start against CP - Jürgen sees him train, so let's see.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #87: Jan 17, 2019 09:40:05 am

And a CL - the double is still on!    I'd settle for the title though :)  Long way to go..
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #88: Jan 17, 2019 10:07:49 am

CP are 14th in the table, 4 points clear of relegation. That's weak in my book and the table doesn't lie at this point of the season. But of course that doesn't mean too much as City had to discover, so I am all in to not underestimate these fellas.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #89: Jan 17, 2019 10:13:18 am
      CP are 14th in the table, 4 points clear of relegation. That's weak in my book and the table doesn't lie at this point of the season. But of course that doesn't mean too much as City had to discover, so I am all in to not underestimate these fellas.

Palace are a strange team, very hot and cold, but even if they are hot we should be able to beat them at home. I'm hoping that they are cold on Saturday and we give them a proper arse kicking, have that doddery owl-faced F**k rubbing his face again!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #90: Jan 17, 2019 11:55:42 am
                                                                                         Alisson

Matip                          Van Dijk                          Robertson

Fabinho     

Milner                                                                                                                 Keita

Shaqiri                          Firmino                         Mane   

Salah     

Would rather play like this with CB's think Robertson is more than capable to play the position with Big V next to him, would rather have Milner playing a WB role. 

Think this team would win quite comfortably against Crystal Palace but what do i know ay haha.                 
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #91: Jan 17, 2019 12:16:39 pm
      Heaven forbid people complaining about weakening the squad

:couch:

How is it weakening the squad when Jürgen sees Camacho as a better 'option' than Clyne and probably would never field the latter ever again?

Quick Reply