Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Alisson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (14.3%)
       Fabinho
      16 (11.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      37 (26.4%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      52 (37.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.1%)
      Sadio Mane
      5 (3.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Rafael Camacho
      2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2019 04:54:48 pm

Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31559 times
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Re: Liverpool 4-3 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Jan 19, 2019 05:07:52 pm
      Great game Palace played well deserved a point but we held on for the win and another 3 points, not our best display, too much knocking the ball to each other, too slow letting them pressure us 🎆👍😊🎩
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,758 posts | 863 
      Reply #576: Jan 19, 2019 05:08:24 pm
      What's up with Mane? I understand that you have to be selfish in order to score goals, but how many times are you going to have teammates perfectly positioned, while the team is in dire need of a goal to either get in front or kill the game, and take the shot from your improbable position?

It is just frustrating to watch this. I get that you want to score goals, but come on now. At what point do you put the team as a priority over scoring goals.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #577: Jan 19, 2019 05:08:40 pm
      Just shows us just how important those injured players are to our title challenge,the sooner they are back the better especially gini & joe

Hopefully the week and a half off gives us a chance to get a couple of those back.

Having three regular first teamers out would hurt anyone so we've done well to get 6 from 6 in the last two.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #578: Jan 19, 2019 05:08:41 pm
      11 day break until Leicester. Such an important time for a bit of a break.
      Massive that mate & equally massive to our health
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #579: Jan 19, 2019 05:08:47 pm
      I'll end by saying get it up ya Roy you F***ing c**t.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #580: Jan 19, 2019 05:08:51 pm
      I thought CP was better than we give them credit for. 3 against City, 3 against us. That's some statement, injuries or not.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #581: Jan 19, 2019 05:09:22 pm
      Games like that drive me F***ing mad... how the hell are palace where they are when every time they come to Anfield they do sh*t like that?! Zaha is F***ing terrifying. Considering we were a mess, that’s a massive win.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #582: Jan 19, 2019 05:09:24 pm
      Massive that mate & equally massive to our health

Spot on. Going for a sabbatical.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #583: Jan 19, 2019 05:10:17 pm
      If you're in any doubt that this is our year watch our winner against Everton and our third goal today again and again.

Up the 7 points clear at the top of the F***ing league reds.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #584: Jan 19, 2019 05:10:21 pm
      I think I will have to get a defib in the hoose ,thats way too stressful, exciting ,marvelous, gutsy but way too  stressful jeez another ending like that could see me in my box.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #585: Jan 19, 2019 05:10:26 pm
      Sad to see Milner took the red card for the team. I feel sorry for Milner, he was left exposed most if the time. Now i won't for a second blame him for anything, He ran up and down the right side. Trying to create something. He was doing more than what he could do. He deserves a rest. That idiot zaha  was trying to go down at every given opportunity.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #586: Jan 19, 2019 05:10:53 pm
      Can we sign zaha please
      Jimsouse67

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #587: Jan 19, 2019 05:11:13 pm
      Hopefully the week and a half off gives us a chance to get a couple of those back.

Having three regular first teamers out would hurt anyone so we've done well to get 6 from 6 in the last two.
      Absolutely mate,they are a massive massive miss,maybe it will give the boss the opportunity to reavaluate the options we have as cover.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #588: Jan 19, 2019 05:11:14 pm
      Huge huge win in the grand scheme of things. The performance at times was average but you can’t fault the fight and character. Lack of ability to manage the game in the right situations will have Klopp furious on review.

I’ll say it again massive win this!

Looking at our fixtures a couple of weeks ago, this one stuck out for me as one of the hardest ones we have left. To come through it, even with such a messy performance is a show of Champion material IMO. Last season City really struggled against Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Saints I think it was, they scored a winning goal past the 90th minute. But people soon forget them performances and think they had a flawless season. It doesn’t work like that though, there will always be games where you have to really dig deep and often they are the games that are forgotten about come the end of the season.
      My mate messaged me saying we were lucky and it’s another game we’ve scraped a win...well, I bet if a scraped win vs Palace was on offer for City last month then they’d have bitten your hand off for it.

I’m expecting to see Milly get a lot of flak and hear the same old Clyne this Clyne that, when in truth Matip was utterly horrific all game and the first goal is on him IMO. The red card for Milly was unavoidable too, I can’t remember who it was but they played an under hit pass to nobody and then Bobby just let it roll past him, what Milly supposed to do? Let them pick up the loose ball and exploit the space? No chance, sometimes you have to take the hit when a team mate has stitched you up with a god awful pass.

Glad we have an 11 day break now, go into the next game with Trent, Gomez, Fab and Gini hopefully all fit and raring to go.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #589: Jan 19, 2019 05:12:39 pm
      how the hell are palace where they are when every time they come to Anfield they do sh*t like that?! Zaha is f**king terrifying. Considering we were a mess, that’s a massive win.

sh*t defenders, questionable manager.  Undoubtedly have a lot of talented footballers in an attacking sense and they do have a knack of getting up for the big games.

All got a bit manic there when we went down to ten men. 

Need to start getting some of our defenders back in the next few weeks.  Hopefully we can get through the Leicester game and then have a full array of defensive options back available.
      Harrisimo

• 8,394 posts | 1423 
      Reply #590: Jan 19, 2019 05:12:55 pm
      What's up with Mane? I understand that you have to be selfish in order to score goals, but how many times are you going to have teammates perfectly positioned, while the team is in dire need of a goal to either get in front or kill the game, and take the shot from your improbable position?

It is just frustrating to watch this. I get that you want to score goals, but come on now. At what point do you put the team as a priority over scoring goals.

His goal celebration was a bit muted as well. He was playing on the wrong side in the first half. And it could be he was told to play down the right, reverted by to his more natural position on the left and did well in the second half.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #591: Jan 19, 2019 05:13:16 pm
      God, I remember when Speroni used to play for Dundee FC. He then went to Palace the summer Rafa came to us and was sitting on the bench when we beat them 3-2 courtesy of a hattrick from Milan Baros in November 2004. Great servant and all but that was a nice wee gift that for Salah's second. Not the first time we've seen that from an opposition goalie in front of the Kop this season, eh Jordan Pickford?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #592: Jan 19, 2019 05:13:37 pm
      if you are still looking to criticise or malign these players just check out the league table. These lads deserve nothing more than our total and unflinching support. fat f***in chance
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #593: Jan 19, 2019 05:14:04 pm
      I thought CP was better than we give them credit for. 3 against City, 3 against us. That's some statement, injuries or not.

Well played today. But why aren't they top half of the table? If they're that consistent, they'll be top 6 easily if they play this way.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #594: Jan 19, 2019 05:14:24 pm
      Sad to see Milner took the red card for the team. I feel sorry for Milner, he was left exposed most if the time. Now i won't for a second blame him for anything, He ran up and down the right side

Yeah, I'm not going to put the boot in on Milner.  Hard job for him to do there against Zaha and he helped put us ahead with that cutback for our third goal.

He didn't have much choice with either tackle.  Gives him a couple of weeks break anyway and hopefully he won't be needed at right back again.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #595: Jan 19, 2019 05:14:54 pm
      God, I remember when Speroni used to play for Dundee FC. He then went to Palace the summer Rafa came to us and was sitting on the bench when we beat them 3-2 courtesy of a hattrick from Milan Baros in November 2004. Great servant and all but that was a nice wee gift that for Salah's second. Not the first time we've seen that from an opposition goalie in front of the Kop this season, eh Jordan Pickford?

As soon as the commentators started picking on him it was inevitable he was going to play well ,,,,hey who cares we won
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #596: Jan 19, 2019 05:16:08 pm

He does score goals, probably every 1 in 3 chances and probably he needs to pass the ball on the other 2 occassions to a better placed player. Top scorer in the EPL won't guarantee him a champions medal but outscoring teams along the way does.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #597: Jan 19, 2019 05:17:25 pm
      Don't think Klopp should have sent Clyne out on loan, but now unlucky is he? Trent gets injured and now Milner missing some games!

I know Salah bagged two but was happy to give my MotM to Henderson. Thought he played really well.

Should Alisson have done better with Palace's third?

Gutted we conceded 3. Gutted. But that's what happens when you are missing two first-choice defenders.

Didn't think I'd see the Pickford error so soon.

Quick Reply