Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The title race: Call it

Read 47465 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #345: Mar 02, 2019 02:06:24 pm
      We've Spuds and Chavs at home.

City have Spuds at home and The Scum away at the Old Toilet.

Now .... what are Utd going to do ..... roll over or go for their own three points ?
      What a dilemma for Ferguson  ...... helping us on our title run in.
      Whisky bottle out that day methinks  for him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #346: Mar 02, 2019 02:15:50 pm

You're on the wrong forum mate.
      Better move your tank.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,410 posts | 1431 
      Reply #347: Mar 02, 2019 04:13:10 pm
      https://www.instagram.com/p/BubNDVHlJQp/?utm_source=ig_embed

No real advantage for either side for the last 10. I'd still bet on City if my life, wife or house was involved. They just have the better package.

Only a rich man would put a substantial amount on either team. To close to call but in all fairness mush your post come across as defeatist. Our glorious history would just be our history if we took your stance.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #348: Mar 02, 2019 04:27:17 pm
      Well we can't afford to drop any points city will win today so need the win tomorrow to go top. Everton will be so fired up an early goal will deflate them. We need the 3 points  end off. Anything else would be a disaster
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #349: Mar 02, 2019 04:35:26 pm
      Clyne,Ibe & Solanke to get the winners against City 😎
      ;D I wish
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #350: Mar 02, 2019 04:54:57 pm
      fvk it 0-1 to city
      city fans singing 1-0 to the champions
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #351: Mar 02, 2019 04:57:52 pm
      Looking forward to cutting into that goal difference again tomorrow
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #352: Mar 02, 2019 05:00:04 pm

Thought exactly this once I realised City were probably going to snatch it.

Let them keep up with there 1-0's as long as we keep winning it doesn't matter, a win by 4 or more goals tomorrow and they'll have to start worrying about scoring more.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,548 posts | 1495 
      Reply #353: Mar 02, 2019 05:00:27 pm
      Yep,slowly reeling in the deficit,another 5 will do nicely tomorrow  & we can enjoy there lot crawling back under there rocks for another season.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #354: Mar 02, 2019 05:02:10 pm
      i only started watching the last 15 mins did they get some injuries in the match?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #355: Mar 02, 2019 05:05:34 pm
      i only started watching the last 15 mins did they get some injuries in the match?

KDB & Stones had to come off, KDB hamstring injury and Stones something with his thigh I think.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #356: Mar 02, 2019 05:10:01 pm
      KDB & Stones had to come off, KDB hamstring injury and Stones something with his thigh I think.

hmmmmmm hope they are out for a few games
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #357: Mar 02, 2019 11:54:27 pm

I dont know how to make that pic any bigger but I see them most likely, everything crossed, dropping a fair few points in that group of games.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Advantage City after Ev-Liv draw
      Reply #358: Mar 03, 2019 06:49:51 pm
      We have won 1 single piece of silverware a League cup since 2006. 13 seasons and only aleague Cup to show for it. So I'm just desperate for any silverware soon. Because we haven't won anything for so long we seem to be panicking. Our form has been awful since new year.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2019 03:28:30 pm by JD »
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #359: Mar 03, 2019 08:30:44 pm
      A few weeks ago we were ready to go 10 points clear now we're a point behind. 11point swing. I was sure even in injury time someone somehow would stick one in the onion bag for us. We need to go back to high press every match go for the win from first minute not  play like we're afraid to lose ffs
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #360: Mar 03, 2019 08:34:05 pm
      Basically we have to win our remaining 9 games now and hope City drop a couple of points.

It's not impossible but will be very difficult.

We actually need the Mancs to do us a favour at Old Toilet.

Likely?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #361: Mar 03, 2019 08:35:38 pm
      A few weeks ago we were ready to go 10 points clear now we're a point behind. 11point swing.

You've posted this in a couple of threads now.  We were 7 points clear and now we're one point behind.  My GCSE maths works that out at 8 points.

Worth noting that Man City themselves went from being a few points ahead to 7 points behind.

Both teams have seen big swings against them and still time for it to happen to one of, or both, or none again.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #362: Mar 03, 2019 09:26:08 pm
      We have won 1 single piece of silverware a League cup since 2006. 13 seasons and only aleague Cup to show for it. So I'm just desperate for any silverware soon. Because we haven't won anything for so long we seem to be panicking. Our form has been awful since new year.

A few weeks ago we were ready to go 10 points clear now we're a point behind. 11point swing. I was sure even in injury time someone somehow would stick one in the onion bag for us. We need to go back to high press every match go for the win from first minute not  play like we're afraid to lose ffs

We're in a bad moment but what use is wallowing in bad form and promoting angst at missed opportunties right at this very instance barney? It only adds to the probability of complete self destruction. Everyone can do their little bit by turning this bad day into a positive and attacking approach. Not all of us get the chance to go to the games to make that difference but in an online setting and when we're conversing with each other then we must do our very best to make us all realise that our roles as supporters and encouraging each other becomes even more important at this stage of the season.

Now I won't lie - after the game I was like yourself really pissed off. As pissed off as I've been the whole season. Annoyed at the sloppy second half performance, annoyed at certain players. But after all is said and done, I realise it is utterly futile and only adds to the likelihood of a failed outcome by the end of the season (and extremely bad health in the long run!). It's not our job to project back the failings on the pitch. The table has turned back in Man City's favour - so be it. We have to accept it and now more than any, is the time to stand up. In tough times you have two options - to lie down and continue feeling sorry for yourself or rise up and fight and rouse everyone around you. The electric feeling that creates amongst all of us is one of the most empowering things!

Of course, in the age of social media where tw*ts are spouting off on twitter about how Klopp did this wrong and that player doesn't look like he wants to give it his all, it's an impossible job to unite the whole fanbase. But f**k those people. The game is a holy trinity between the manager, players and supporters. If all three are down on the floor no one is there to pick the other or both up. But we can make that effort as supporters to be the ones standing. If those twitter misfits truly cared for the team right now then they'd shut their moaning pie holes - and concentrate and turn all that negative energy into something more positive by supporting the team rather than playing to a gallery of loutish misfits all in the name of feeling satisfied for themselves because a Gaz Dickhead (@Dickhead) liked your tweet about bottling the title.

We could choose to be like that (and f**king hell I've been that  it enough times in the past) or we could try to be the better person and start showing our support. These players can't do it on their own. They may have the swankiest cars and the most lucrative filthy wages but at the end of the day they are still human and still prone to the pressures of everyday life and situations. They're not having a great time of it as recent results show so the emphasis really is on us as supporters to drag them back up. Sing the songs, charge the atmosphere, say positive things about players. Getting towards the crunch end, City are back ahead but that gives us all an awesome responsibility to turn it all around and start pointing our weapons outwards towards them rather than keeping it pointed at ourselves.

Remember - those City lot are evil bent bas**rds with a pathetic fanbase to show for it. What better way to contrast ourselves from that shower than now when the going has got tough. Unlike those tw*ts we won't vacate the building. Rise up and be counted. If it worked at half time in Istanbul when the cards were against us it can most certainly work when we're just a point behind City and still very much in the race. If it weren't for those heroes in the stands at the Ataturk singing YNWA at half time and totally outdoing the Milan faithful then I really don't believe we would have pulled off that recovery. We call it the miracle of Istanbul - but that does it a disservice because it plays up to the idea that it was some sort of supernatural higher power that delivered that result, completely uninfluenced by the actions of the supporters and the players. Wrong - it all started with the Redmen and women in the stands. It was as fine an example that our fortunes and how we fare in the future all stem from us the supporters. What better time to realise that than now?
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019 09:46:52 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #363: Mar 03, 2019 09:32:41 pm
      We're in a bad moment but what use is wallowing in bad form and promoting angst at missed opportunties right at this very instance barney? It only adds to the probability of complete self destruction. Everyone can do their little bit by turning this bad day into a positive and attacking approach. Not all of us get the chance to go to the games to make that difference but in an online setting and when we're conversing with each other then we must do our very best to make us all realise that our roles as supporters and encouraging each other becomes even more important at this stage of the season.

Now I won't lie - after the game I was like yourself really pissed off. As pissed off as I've been the whole season. Annoyed at the sloppy second half performance, annoyed at certain players. But after all is said and done, I realise it is utterly futile and only adds to the likelihood of a failed outcome by the end of the season (and extremely bad health in the long run!). It's not our job to project back the failings on the pitch. The table has turned back in Man City's favour - so be it. We have to accept it and now more than any, is the time to stand up. In tough times you have two options - to lie down and continue feeling sorry for yourself or rise up and fight and rouse everyone around you. The electric feeling that creates amongst all of us is one of the most empowering things!

Of course, in the age of social media where tw*ts are spouting off on twitter about how Klopp did this wrong and that player doesn't look like he wants to give it his all, it's an impossible job to unite the whole fanbase. But f**k those people. The game is a holy trinity between the manager, players and supporters. If all three are down on the floor no one is there to pick the other or both up. But we can make that effort as supporters to be the ones standing. If those twitter misfits truly cared for the team right now then they'd shut their moaning pie holes - and concentrate and turn all that negative energy into something more positive by supporting the team rather than playing to a gallery of loutish misfits all in the name of a online

We could choose to be like that (and f**king hell I've been that  it enough times in the past) or we could try to be the better person and start showing our support. These players can't do it on their own. They may have the swankiest cars and the most lucrative filthy wages but at the end of the day they are still human and still prone to the pressures of everyday life and situations. They're not having a great time of it as recent results show so the emphasis really is on us as supporters to drag them back up. Sing the songs, charge the atmosphere, say positive things about players. Getting towards the crunch end, City are back ahead but that gives us all an awesome responsibility to turn it all around and start pointing our weapons outwards them rather than keeping it pointed towards ourselves.

Remember - those City lot are evil bent bas**rds with a pathetic fanbase to show for it. What better way to contrast ourselves from that shower than now when the going has got tough. Unlike those tw*ts we won't vacate the building. Rise up and be counted. If it worked at half time in Istanbul when the cards were against us it can most certainly work when we're just a point behind City and still very much in the race. If it weren't for those heroes in the stands at the Ataturk singing YNWA at half time and totally outdoing the Milan faithful then I really don't believe we would have pulled off that recovery. We call it the miracle of Istanbul - but that does it a disservice because it plays up to the idea that it was some sort of supernatural higher power that delivered that result, completely uninfluenced by the actions of the supporters and the players. Wrong - it all started with the Redmen in the stands. It was as fine an example that our fortunes and how we fare in the future all stem from us the supporters. What better time to realise that than now?

Epic post, well worth the read, perspective
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #364: Mar 03, 2019 09:49:59 pm

Of course, in the age of social media where tw*ts are spouting off on twitter about how Klopp did this wrong and that player doesn't look like he wants to give it his all, it's an impossible job to unite the whole fanbase. But f**k those people. The game is a holy trinity between the manager, players and supporters. If all three are down on the floor no one is there to pick the other or both up. But we can make that effort as supporters to be the ones standing. If those twitter misfits truly cared for the team right now then they'd shut their moaning pie holes - and concentrate and turn all that negative energy into something more positive by supporting the team rather than playing to a gallery of loutish misfits all in the name of feeling satisfied for themselves because a Gaz Dickhead (@Dickhead) liked your tweet about bottling the title.

We could choose to be like that (and f**king hell I've been that  it enough times in the past) or we could try to be the better person and start showing our support. These players can't do it on their own. They may have the swankiest cars and the most lucrative filthy wages but at the end of the day they are still human and still prone to the pressures of everyday life and situations. They're not having a great time of it as recent results show so the emphasis really is on us as supporters to drag them back up. Sing the songs, charge the atmosphere, say positive things about players. Getting towards the crunch end, City are back ahead but that gives us all an awesome responsibility to turn it all around and start pointing our weapons outwards towards them rather than keeping it pointed at ourselves.

Remember - those City lot are evil bent bas**rds with a pathetic fanbase to show for it. What better way to contrast ourselves from that shower than now when the going has got tough. Unlike those tw*ts we won't vacate the building. Rise up and be counted. If it worked at half time in Istanbul when the cards were against us it can most certainly work when we're just a point behind City and still very much in the race. If it weren't for those heroes in the stands at the Ataturk singing YNWA at half time and totally outdoing the Milan faithful then I really don't believe we would have pulled off that recovery. We call it the miracle of Istanbul - but that does it a disservice because it plays up to the idea that it was some sort of supernatural higher power that delivered that result, completely uninfluenced by the actions of the supporters and the players. Wrong - it all started with the Redmen and women in the stands. It was as fine an example that our fortunes and how we fare in the future all stem from us the supporters. What better time to realise that than now?

redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #365: Mar 03, 2019 09:51:23 pm

Are you a social worker?, if not Fantastic post
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 392 
      Reply #366: Mar 03, 2019 11:08:38 pm
      Just read earlier in the season we won 9 straight in the league and suddenly I’m erect again....
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #367: Mar 04, 2019 12:17:59 am
      We Are Top Of The League !

We are just having a liccle break ..... will be back soon when we've finished our sarnies.

Quick Reply