Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The title race: Call it

Read 45568 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #276: Feb 21, 2019 08:17:43 am
      After watching lpool last night and City tonight I must say the pace in that city side is unreal. There getting luck with injuries too a full squad to pick from. I think Liverpool will need to win all there games bar one draw as I can't see who will take points off city. I'm hope to god I'm wrong. We need to step it up now from last night's performance.

I disagree actually, we played a very good Bayern side who were well organised, despite that with a bit more luck and sharpness we could have won quite easily whereas City huffed and puffed against a very poor Shalke side, yes they were down to 10 men but when your opponents sit back it doesn't really make much difference. That was far from impressive from City as most pundits had them down for a thumping win in that game.
      The only good thing from their side was that they kept going until the end and showed good team spirit, the good thing from our side is that their A team had to play much much harder in a tough physical match than they expected in that game and surely at some point they will get some more injuries will all these games they are playing at 100% speed.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #277: Feb 21, 2019 04:58:43 pm
      After watching lpool last night and City tonight I must say the pace in that city side is unreal. There getting luck with injuries too a full squad to pick from. I think Liverpool will need to win all there games bar one draw as I can't see who will take points off city. I'm hope to god I'm wrong. We need to step it up now from last night's performance.

I would like to add that shitty have bigger squad with more depth.
      we are still in this, some of our players have burned out, but if they get the spark again. We will be picking points like before.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #278: Feb 22, 2019 08:33:23 am
      I would like to add that shitty have bigger squad with more depth.
      we are still in this, some of our players have burned out, but if they get the spark again. We will be picking points like before.

These two 10 day breaks we've had this year might prove invaluable to us. I know our results have been a bit sketchy upon return from both but I see that as a positive as the boys will have unwound so much that they got a bit of rust, ie they were fully rested. I fancy our core players to now be in better shape than Citeh and certainly more than Spurs who always run out of steam towards the end. Add to that the fact that we will soon get Joe back, plus Ox, and we look good as long as we can avoid an injury crises up front and by crises I mean 2 forwards out at the same time.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #279: Feb 22, 2019 04:32:39 pm
      City play Spurs (H), United (A) and Burnley (A) in a nine day period at the end of April.

I'm hoping this is where they drop the points that gives us the edge and lead going into May.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #280: Feb 23, 2019 02:13:18 pm
      Only One Ashley Barnes!!!  :)

Just clearing the stage for the main event.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #281: Feb 23, 2019 02:21:57 pm
      oh dear Spuds beaten by Burnley.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #282: Feb 23, 2019 02:24:38 pm
      That cheat at West Ham last night, that Penalty at Cardiff which was more like assault and now Poch trying to head but Dean at full time. Lets hope these terrible refereeing decisions are all done with for this weekend.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #283: Feb 23, 2019 02:33:01 pm
      Spurs will be in deep sh*t for having such a go at Dean fingers pointed in faces ,blocking him leaving the pitch etc.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #284: Feb 23, 2019 02:40:28 pm
      Spurs will be in deep sh*t for having such a go at Dean fingers pointed in faces ,blocking him leaving the pitch etc.
      Let’s see if they get a £45k+ fine.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #285: Feb 23, 2019 02:42:07 pm

He might still be missing from the touchline when Spurs play at Anfield.

But either he or his assistant kept yelling "you can't say that" - Poch was starting to walk away and then he turned on a dime and got even more heated. Not sure if Dean told him to do one or maybe he just said "Klopp is better than you."
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #286: Feb 23, 2019 02:42:59 pm
      Let’s see if they get a £4.5k fine.

fixed your post
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #287: Feb 23, 2019 02:44:04 pm
      He might still be missing from the touchline when Spurs play at Anfield.

But either he or his assistant kept yelling "you can't say that" - Poch was starting to walk away and then he turned on a dime and got even more heated. Not sure if Dean told him to do one or maybe he just said "Klopp is better than you."

:laugh:

Aye, Poch, "the gentleman" according to the media.
      My arse he is.

Showing his true colours again today.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #288: Feb 23, 2019 02:45:58 pm
      School boy Error mate,wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it was that much though.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #289: Feb 23, 2019 02:52:56 pm
      Can’t believe spurs lost
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #290: Feb 23, 2019 03:01:25 pm
      the fourth Official should get an assist for passing it to Danny Rose to take a throw in quickly 10 yards further forward than it should have been taken.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #291: Feb 23, 2019 03:05:58 pm
      The best thing about football is its unpredictability . SPurs lost Harry Kane for 4 league games won them all in his first game back they lose.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #292: Feb 23, 2019 06:10:15 pm
      Spurs hahaha they always F**k it up when there is the faintest whiff of being in a title race!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #293: Feb 23, 2019 07:49:09 pm
      Spurs hahaha they always f**k it up when there is the faintest whiff of being in a title race!

The ultimate choke team
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #294: Feb 23, 2019 09:57:46 pm
      City play Spurs (H), United (A) and Burnley (A) in a nine day period at the end of April.

I'm hoping this is where they drop the points that gives us the edge and lead going into May.

I hope we don't have to wait till April for them to drop points.
      Xink
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #295: Feb 23, 2019 10:15:03 pm
      I’m not sure if anyone else is secretly thinking this .... But I do seriously think that Munich knocking us out combined with a City run to the semi finals may help our chances to win the league....

No coincidence that in 13/14 when we went on a late run that we had no European games to distract us.
      Similarly we tailed off badly last season in the league and look at Spurs today 🤔
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #296: Feb 24, 2019 09:06:00 pm
      It seems City’s win today came st a cost with laporte limping off at HT with hamstring trouble and then Fernadinho with a groin injury in extra time
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #297: Feb 25, 2019 05:22:00 am
      It seems City’s win today came st a cost with laporte limping off at HT with hamstring trouble and then Fernadinho with a groin injury in extra time

Was not feeling good about this Season after last nights result against those bus parking cu*ts but my spirits have picked up immensely knowing Fernandinho got injured. Hope he's out for the rest of the Season. Now I never hope that on an oppo player but HE is there key man. He was out for 3 weeks earlier on and they fell in a sh*t and dropped points. Let's hope the same thing happens this time.

Come on Lads, it has to be our Year.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #298: Feb 25, 2019 10:47:21 am
      Simple now. We match or beat city result for result, and they cant overtake us

They can win every game 6-0. As long as we win 1-0, or 2-1 or 6-5 - we win

And with no replacement for Fernandinho, their next few games suddenly get more interesting

Quick Reply