Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The title race: Call it

Read 45427 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #299: Feb 25, 2019 11:22:03 am
      Was not feeling good about this Season after last nights result against those bus parking Cu*ts but my spirits have picked up immensely knowing Fernandinho got injured. Hope he's out for the rest of the Season. Now I never hope that on an oppo player but HE is there key man. He was out for 3 weeks earlier on and they fell in a sh*t and dropped points. Let's hope the same thing happens this time.

Come on Lads, it has to be our Year.

There's every reason to feel good about ourselves. Let's not depend on those guys to feel good. What we feel or see may not become true especially our fears. Few could see Rafa doing one over them.

We depend on ourselves. It's ours to lose. Besides we don't play them anymore. We go into every game feeling good.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #300: Feb 25, 2019 11:38:22 am
      Simple now. We match or beat city result for result, and they cant overtake us

They can win every game 6-0. As long as we win 1-0, or 2-1 or 6-5 - we win

And with no replacement for Fernandinho, their next few games suddenly get more interesting

West Ham on Wednesday could be a tricky game for them, mind you so could Watford for us!

I think if we can get 6 points from Watford and Bitters then things are looking pretty good again, but more than that I want to see us get our swagger back. Klopp has to get the right balance between attack and defence and that comes down to midfield choices, we simply have to start playing either Keita, Shaq or Ox (when available again) in an advanced role to have someone linking up with our forwards.
      Xink
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #301: Feb 25, 2019 06:33:39 pm
      Once we get through this week - we only have 4 Away Games left:

Fulham
      Southampton
      Cardiff and Newcastle.
      Granted we all know St James can be a difficult place to go - but nothing too scary.

One of my worries is that teams are now setting up against us like San Marino - They know what will happen if they try and go toe to toe with us - and then they celebrate like they've won the world cup if they nick a point  :mad:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #302: Feb 28, 2019 09:45:13 am
      I just find it odd to even consider our rival for the title a better team when they are clearly not. Even the game at the Emptyhad was a game we could have won if the Ref hadn't bottled it.

Seems those creaming over the "amazing City" have gone into hiding after their narrow home win against West Ham through a soft penalty. If City produced our performance last night, you can bet your house they would be running around town with their d*** in their hands.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #303: Feb 28, 2019 10:12:40 am
      Seems those creaming over the "amazing City" have gone into hiding after their narrow home win against West Ham through a soft penalty. If City produced our performance last night, you can bet your house they would be running around town with their d*** in their hands.

I for one have been saying for a while that Citeh are running out of steam and I also think the CL will be a big distraction for them. Its impossible to know what will happen BUT if we play liek yesterday for the rest of the season then we win, its as simple as that.

We have 3 tricky games left, Bitters away, Spurs and Chavs at home. The Bitters game you just never know, its always a tight game but I actually fancy us to demolish them on Sunday, they are playing sh*t at the moment and we are getting a head of steam again. Spurs and Chavs at home are both very winnable, both those teams are off colour at the moment.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #304: Feb 28, 2019 11:36:15 am
      Bournemouth were a shambles at the Emirates last night. Hope Howe course-corrects his team for the weekend and take advantage of the Kompany-Otamendi pairing and a slightly weaker midfield.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #305: Feb 28, 2019 11:45:00 am
      Just match everything city do for 10 more games
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #306: Feb 28, 2019 12:09:25 pm
      Just match everything city do for 10 more games

The press said they looked tired last night.
      A couple of key players currently missing and probably a couple more to fall by the wayside yet.
      Heavy duty fixture list for them to get through.... its going to be a big swamp.

All we have to do is make sure we don't f**k it up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #307: Feb 28, 2019 12:15:29 pm
      Just looking at City’s fixtures and to me it feels like they have the easier run. I can only see United being able to take points off them, maybe spurs.

We however have Everton away (you know those cu*ts will do anything to F**k it up for us either by injuries, soft pens, etc) and both Chelsea and spurs at home - that’s tough.

It’s going to be F***ing excruciating watching this run in, I can not believe we are only one point away from these cu*ts even though we are having probably the best prem season I can remember.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #308: Feb 28, 2019 12:16:01 pm
      I for one have been saying for a while that Citeh are running out of steam and I also think the CL will be a big distraction for them. Its impossible to know what will happen BUT if we play liek yesterday for the rest of the season then we win, its as simple as that.

We have 3 tricky games left, Bitters away, Spurs and Chavs at home. The Bitters game you just never know, its always a tight game but I actually fancy us to demolish them on Sunday, they are playing sh*t at the moment and we are getting a head of steam again. Spurs and Chavs at home are both very winnable, both those teams are off colour at the moment.

Agreed mate. Nobody is denying City are a superb team, I'm not disrespecting them at all. But last night we showed our natural game and we're as potent if not better at attacking then they are on their best day. What gives us the edge in my opinion is that we are more consistent overall with a superior defense.

Having Fernandinho out for a few weeks whilst a congested fixture list is taking their toll as you say. Honestly, if we trash the bitters on Sunday, it'll be a big dent to their confidence and tiredness will prevail. They'll run out of steam. If we drop points, it will revitalize their resolve.

But, judging by last night's performance, will wipe the floor with the blue-sh**es.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Reply #309: Feb 28, 2019 01:12:39 pm

City are not that good away from home. I guess Bournemouth game will show that. Hope that they take the game to them, as without Fernandinho, they are vulnerable.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #310: Feb 28, 2019 01:47:40 pm
      Just looking at City’s fixtures and to me it feels like they have the easier run. I can only see United being able to take points off them, maybe spurs.

We however have Everton away (you know those cu*ts will do anything to f**k it up for us either by injuries, soft pens, etc) and both Chelsea and spurs at home - that’s tough.

It’s going to be f**king excruciating watching this run in, I can not believe we are only one point away from these cu*ts even though we are having probably the best prem season I can remember.

I'd say the run ins are pretty even. City have more away games and I'd rather play Everton than United. They do have it easier at home though and I'd expect them to get 4 wins from 4 at home.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #311: Feb 28, 2019 02:04:31 pm

I'd say the run ins are pretty even. City have more away games and I'd rather play Everton than United. They do have it easier at home though and I'd expect them to get 4 wins from 4 at home.

To be honest I fancy us to win our remaining home fixtures as well as I don't see this mini bounce from Chelsea lasting long and Spurs are just not quite right at the moment.
      Its the Everton game looming large for us, they will throw everything at us in that game but if we play with even half the passion we did yesterday then we should win it easily.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #312: Feb 28, 2019 04:46:46 pm
      To be honest I fancy us to win our remaining home fixtures as well as I don't see this mini bounce from Chelsea lasting long and Spurs are just not quite right at the moment.
      Its the Everton game looming large for us, they will throw everything at us in that game but if we play with even half the passion we did yesterday then we should win it easily.
      Still hoping we can hold on, but the thing everyone seems to miss about the City-West Ham game is regardless how they gained the victory the still won even playing poorly, we only drew v.s West Ham playing poorly...

So yes we need  a big performance vs a Everton team that will be determine to deny usu no 19 and hoping to give us a blooded nose along the way
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #313: Feb 28, 2019 05:10:11 pm
      Still hoping we can hold on, but the thing everyone seems to miss about the City-West Ham game is regardless how they gained the victory the still won even playing poorly, we only drew v.s West Ham playing poorly...

So yes we need  a big performance vs a Everton team that will be determine to deny usu no 19 and hoping to give us a blooded nose along the way

😂

You panic too much brother.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,255 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #314: Feb 28, 2019 05:44:07 pm
      Sticking by my belief tgat utd v city decides it..we got a point at utd and that point will be the difference at the end
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #315: Feb 28, 2019 05:53:34 pm
      Sticking by my belief tgat utd v city decides it..we got a point at utd and that point will be the difference at the end

Utd will presumably be in the hunt for 4th place when that game takes place.  Do they go for the win in hope of a CL spot, or roll over in hope that City overtake us at the top?  How funny will it be to see their fans inner turmoil manifest itself in front of our eyes?! 😎
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #316: Feb 28, 2019 06:13:42 pm
      😂

You panic too much brother.
      ;D... If you knew me then you know that's the last thing i do in any situation... Just pointing out that out of the two of us v.s. West Ham City came out of it the best

I view it as City has two potential banana skins Spurs and Utd, while we have four, Everton, Spurs,Chelsea and Newcastle Plus we both have those fighting for premiership survival to contented with. Those were every point counts and are all to willing to come out and defend for the 90 mins plus...

Just acknowledging the reality of the situation is all  :)
      Kopite78
      Reply #317: Feb 28, 2019 06:24:12 pm
      ;D... If you knew me then you know that's the last thing i do in any situation... Just pointing out that out of the two of us v.s. West Ham City came out of it the best

I view it as City has two potential banana skins Spurs and Utd, while we have four, Everton, Spurs,Chelsea and Newcastle Plus we both have those fighting for premiership survival to contented with. Those were every point counts and are all to willing to come out and defend for the 90 mins plus...

Irrelevant

City lost to Palace
      We've beat them twice

City lost to Newcastle
      We beat them

City lost Leicester
      We've drawn and beat them

Those are either equally irrelevant or the same as the above and part of the bigger picture. But to say we drew one against one they beat serves no purpose unless you look at the whole lot

And guess What? Look At the whole lot currently? We're above them

Just admit you're a glass half empty type of guy

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #318: Feb 28, 2019 06:25:01 pm

So if we draw our 4 banana skins & City loose theirs, where would that leave us?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #319: Feb 28, 2019 06:49:13 pm

So the fact that City got a penalty that was never a penalty in a 100 years, had nothing to do with it then ?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #320: Feb 28, 2019 06:53:45 pm
      Still in our hands and we're still top of the League so why can't people just F***ing rejoice in those facts?

Honestly it's F***ing embarrassing seeing Liverpool "fans" trying to find any reason to doubt us and our chances of winning the League.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #321: Feb 28, 2019 06:58:02 pm
      Still in our hands and we're still top of the League so why can't people just f**king rejoice in those facts?

Honestly it's f**king embarrassing seeing Liverpool "fans" trying to find any reason to doubt us and our chances of winning the League.

I think they're too scared to believe and then have it taken away from them, in all honesty with good reason considering our run in finals recently and the last time we went for the league.

Me personally, I am going to take each game as it comes and hope for the best!

Quick Reply