Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The title race: Call it

Read 45589 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Re: The title race: Call it
      Reply #322: Feb 28, 2019 06:59:11 pm
      Still in our hands and we're still top of the League so why can't people just F***ing rejoice in those facts?

Honestly it's F***ing embarrassing seeing Liverpool "fans" trying to find any reason to doubt us and our chances of winning the League.

Yep.

We win 10 games and we win the league. Doesn't matter what anyone else does.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #323: Feb 28, 2019 07:40:45 pm
      Quote from heimdall
      To be honest I fancy us to win our remaining home fixtures as well as I don't see this mini bounce from Chelsea lasting long and Spurs are just not quite right at the moment.
      Its the Everton game looming large for us, they will throw everything at us in that game but if we play with even half the passion we did yesterday then we should win it easily.

Chelsea bounce? They got thrashed at Bournemouth one week, 6-0 the next, and mutiny in the dressing room.

We'll beat Chelsea at home. It's on Anniversary weekend, and that alone is going to drive us on to win.

The Fulham game should be another 3 point banker. But it is now a bigger banana skin than it looked.

Anyway, win the next 3 games, and we're 4 points clear going into the break. At least.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #324: Feb 28, 2019 08:32:33 pm
      Irrelevant

City lost to Palace
      We've beat them twice

City lost to Newcastle
      We beat them

City lost Leicester
      We've drawn and beat them

Those are either equally irrelevant or the same as the above and part of the bigger picture. But to say we drew one against one they beat serves no purpose unless you look at the whole lot

And guess What? Look At the whole lot currently? We're above them

Just admit you're a glass half empty type of guy

It is only Irrelevant if you view it by were we sit and not by the amount of points we are in front and by recent form of the teams.... You like to trumpet that we have only lost one game and that City has lost five, but you seem to want to look past the facts that we where 7 points a head of City at one stage and that for the five loses we they have suffered  they only sit one point behind us

Half full or Half empty, what will be will be and no amount of positive think will change it
      Kopite78
      Reply #325: Feb 28, 2019 08:33:28 pm
      It is only Irrelevant if you view it by were we sit and not by the amount of points we are in front and by recent form of the teams.... You like to trumpet that we have only lost one game and that City has lost five, but you seem to want to look past the facts that we where 7 points a head of City at one stage and that for the five loses we they have suffered  they only sit one point behind us

Half full or Half empty, what will be will be and no amount of positive think will change it

No but I bet I'm having more fun than you with it 🙄👌
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #326: Feb 28, 2019 08:35:47 pm

So the fact that City got a penalty that was never a penalty in a 100 years, had nothing to do with it then ?
      And have we not had penalties that were never penalties and won games because of them. And a few of them in Title winning seasons..?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #327: Feb 28, 2019 08:39:15 pm
      So if we draw our 4 banana skins & City loose theirs, where would that leave us?
      We would be Champions but we could drew all of ours Chelsea drew theirs and They would be Champions

But It's all speculation for now we have just got to watch it all play out
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #328: Feb 28, 2019 08:40:25 pm
      No but I bet I'm having more fun than you with it 🙄👌

Then I am glad for you
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #329: Feb 28, 2019 08:41:03 pm
      https://www.instagram.com/p/BubNDVHlJQp/?utm_source=ig_embed

No real advantage for either side for the last 10. I'd still bet on City if my life, wife or house was involved. They just have the better package.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #330: Feb 28, 2019 11:30:47 pm
      Quote from German_Panzer
      I'd still bet on City if my life, wife or house was involved. They just have the better package.

It's difficult enough reading/seeing every pundit queueing up to dismiss our title challenge and laugh it off. So when I come here, I expect to find more believers than doubters.

After 25% of the season, we were top.
      After 50% of the season, we were top.
      After 75% of the season, we are top.

Now let's go and finish the job.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #331: Feb 28, 2019 11:34:14 pm
      It's difficult enough reading/seeing every pundit queueing up to dismiss our title challenge and laugh it off. So when I come here, I expect to find more believers than doubters.

After 25% of the season, we were top.
      After 50% of the season, we were top.
      After 75% of the season, we are top.

Now let's go and finish the job.

This ups the confidence thats for sure. Not really sure who Panzer actually supports to be fair.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #332: Mar 01, 2019 12:15:38 am
      If both clubs have a perfect March then before City kick a ball in April, we could be seven points clear of them - this is despite the fact City will go top twice if they have the perfect March.

Also bearing in mind, City haven't won more than seven games on the spin in the League all season. They've won their last four so they're due a F**k up over the next two or three games. And we haven't won consecutive League games in our last six so we're due a good run of results.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #333: Mar 01, 2019 06:30:48 pm
      So if we draw our 4 banana skins & City loose theirs, where would that leave us?

We would be Champions but we could drew all of ours Chelsea City drew theirs and They would be Champions

But It's all speculation for now we have just got to watch it all play out

Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #334: Mar 01, 2019 08:11:17 pm
      Only just found out that fernandinho is injured and could miss next 5 games. That could be massive for us, last injury coincided with their sh*te spell before christmas
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #335: Mar 01, 2019 08:37:02 pm
      https://www.instagram.com/p/BubNDVHlJQp/?utm_source=ig_embed

No real advantage for either side for the last 10. I'd still bet on City if my life, wife or house was involved. They just have the better package.

A true die hard Red would bet everything on Liverpool even if they knew it wasn't going to happen, just getting slightly pissed of with all this negativity about us.
      What really pisses me off with certain posters on here (And I know everyone is entitled to their opinion before the internet police arrive) is all these people who wax lyrical about City on how good they are, how they play such perfect football, how they attack, attack, attack, how strong their bench is, play all this wonderful free flowing football...and we are still top of the league, ffs  people get with the programme we are on the verge of something wonderful, enjoy and believe.   :mad:
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #336: Mar 01, 2019 08:43:19 pm
      A true die hard Red would bet everything on Liverpool even if they knew it wasn't going to happen, just getting slightly pissed of with all this negativity about us.
      What really pisses me off with certain posters on here (And I know everyone is entitled to their opinion before the internet police arrive) is all these people who wax lyrical about City on how good they are, how they play such perfect football, how they attack, attack, attack, how strong their bench is, play all this wonderful free flowing football...and we are still top of the league, ffs  people get with the programme we are on the verge of something wonderful, enjoy and believe.   :mad:

So you would bet 1m pound on us even though you knew you were going to lose ?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #337: Mar 02, 2019 03:43:01 am
      So you would bet 1m pound on us even though you knew you were going to lose ?

C'mon fella, use your noddle.  Don't take it out if context. At the moment it is to close to call so yes I would, but obviously you wouldn't if there was two games to go and we were 7 points behind.  :mad:
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #338: Mar 02, 2019 07:32:50 am
      But you said even if you knew it wasn't possible you would still bet so think you need to use your noodle cock
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,173 posts | 524 
      Reply #339: Mar 02, 2019 07:52:45 am
      But you said even if you knew it wasn't possible you would still bet so think you need to use your noodle cock

Yes mate you are right and I apologise.
      I should have worded the first sentence differently.
      But I hope you get what I was trying to put across.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #340: Mar 02, 2019 08:06:12 am

Yes mate you are right and I apologise.
      I should have worded the first sentence differently.
      But I hope you get what I was trying to put across.

I did mate  and totally agree with you should always back your own same with the crowd,  any signs of negativity can be infectious and last thing we need at this stage of season
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #341: Mar 02, 2019 09:58:29 am
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #342: Mar 02, 2019 09:59:29 am
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #343: Mar 02, 2019 10:15:39 am
      Clyne,Ibe & Solanke to get the winners against City 😎
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #344: Mar 02, 2019 01:49:29 pm
      Hope so city have battered them the last 8 to 10 games scoring 26 goals plus

Quick Reply