Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Bayern?

Alisson
      1 (0.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (1.9%)
       Fabinho
      36 (33.6%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      54 (50.5%)
      Naby Keïta
      3 (2.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (0.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (3.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Feb 23, 2019 09:52:19 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 29420 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,544 posts | 243 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Bayern Munich: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Feb 19, 2019 10:02:07 pm
      0:0 decent...both fullbacks average today.

fk situations and throws terrible

and corners, have we got a corner coach to tell them to kick the ball a bit higher ?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #438: Feb 19, 2019 10:02:09 pm
      You'll have to upgrade from pigeon post..
      ??... explain please
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #439: Feb 19, 2019 10:02:32 pm

it looked like they were all short of match fitness as if they had been on the beach for too long.
      Just a thought but did we have too long to think about this game and in the end we over complicated it .
      0-0 at home is not a disaster the best possible draw you can have
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #440: Feb 19, 2019 10:02:59 pm
      Bayern defended brilliantly. Got to say that, but at times we made some awful decisions in the box.  Can't anybody shoot?
      Still think it was a decent performance, they made it hard for us.  Our CBs were superb, our full backs seemed to be playing on the edge of control at times. Sloppy.  Hendo, they doubt you still, but that was a proper job you did tonight.
      Well done lads, its off to wunderbar Bavaria, that's my favourite area (with a nod to the Two Ronnies). 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #441: Feb 19, 2019 10:03:02 pm
      Shaken off the rust ready for Manure, these 10 day breaks are not helping us.
      The key thing today was not conceding and we created enough against a packed defence to suggest we can at least get a score draw at the Allianz.

The intensity and quality of the opposition means that tonight was perfect preparation for the Mancs on Sunday. If they can't perform on Sunday and get a result then it will be a big big let down.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #442: Feb 19, 2019 10:03:54 pm
      Wonderful Bayern - Disciplined Bayern - Experienced Bayern. The commentators' Bayern "love in" was ridiculous.

Apparently, all you have to do is fall down, waste time, half zero motivation to actually win a game, and you're the best there is.

EDIT: Klopp really needs to sort out our corners and set pieces.

to be fair I think we have problems with corners and free kicks for years long before Jürgen even its drives me mad
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,653 posts | 6947 
      Reply #443: Feb 19, 2019 10:03:55 pm
      In fact if you chuck in the final and the defeat to Roma we haven't won away (or even got a draw) in Europe since last season's quarter final.

And that was in England as well! ;)

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #444: Feb 19, 2019 10:04:15 pm
      I'd wrap it up with this: It's not looking good for us, but not bad either. What really troubles me is Keita who took a step back in my opinion and our offense who looked pathetic once more...and now a little too often.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #445: Feb 19, 2019 10:04:49 pm
      I'm already up for the away leg and another history making night for the lads
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #446: Feb 19, 2019 10:04:53 pm

He has never forgiven Liverpool for how they treated him when he was badly injured.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #447: Feb 19, 2019 10:05:15 pm
      I'll just sit here and watch the abuse these guys get now..  ;D

I haven’t said a thing to you.

We just played a champions league knock out game and you’re playing one-ups on the internet.

What’s happening in your life to think that’s a good way to spend your time?

Rethink everything and try again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #448: Feb 19, 2019 10:05:26 pm

Firmino was immense before he gassed out after 70 mins.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #449: Feb 19, 2019 10:05:29 pm
      Probably because we were battered in Naples and lost to PSG and Red Star as well?

In fact if you chuck in the final and the defeat to Roma we haven't won away (or even got a draw) in Europe since last season's quarter final.

Not being negative or anything :D

Well, I’d like to think that we’ve learnt our lesson from the group away games. We showed last season in the away games what we are capable of. No 2nd chances to make up for a poor away result now so I’d like to think we will up our game.

Biggest problem for me tonight, aside from the FBs and the glaring misses, was Salah. He was so predictable all game, some of his attempts at trying to desperately not use his right foot was shocking, one of his worst performances for us IMO. First half he looked bright as it went on but that 2nd half he was a mess.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #450: Feb 19, 2019 10:05:32 pm
      Henderson's first half performance was so not ordinary that he couldn't even keep it up in the second. To be fair, the game as a whole was a lot worse, enjoyed watching the first half much better.

It was a tale of 2 halves. First half was tailor made for Hendo's athleticism with the game being open, but 2nd half, Bayern weren't as attack minded which showed the limitations of Hendo and how important Fabinho is in midfield against organised teams.

Overall, I thought Hendo played well, and his first half performance was the reason he was my MOTM.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #451: Feb 19, 2019 10:06:06 pm
      This is utterly pathetic from the mods.

Let's discuss this openly so I can defend myself from this ridiculous warning.

just go away unless you want to discuss the game. Nobody cares what you want you muppet.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #452: Feb 19, 2019 10:06:08 pm
      and corners, have we got a corner coach to tell them to kick the ball a bit higher ?
      I can understand why Salah would be taking corners..?

Surely you would wants someone with his goal scoring abilities in and around the box ready to pounce a lose ball
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #453: Feb 19, 2019 10:06:31 pm

Donny..if you think we should be playing like that week week out then there's little I can do for you..
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #454: Feb 19, 2019 10:06:49 pm
      Not great, especially second half but shows how this team has built a reputation that bayern played like prime burnley, timewasting et al
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #455: Feb 19, 2019 10:07:25 pm
      It was a tale of 2 halves. First half was tailor made for Hendo's athleticism with the game being open, but 2nd half, Bayern weren't as attack minded which showed the limitations of Hendo and how important Fabinho is in midfield against organised teams.

Overall, I thought Hendo played well, and his first half performance was the reason he was my MOTM.

Yeah Hendo as a MOTM is a very fair shout, I just went for Fabinho in the end taking into consideration that he was playing out of position with a CB partner that isn't exactly our best. But both played really well together, I was quite impressed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #456: Feb 19, 2019 10:09:02 pm
      Bayern defended brilliantly. Got to say that, but at times we made some awful decisions in the box.  Can't anybody shoot?

Yeah, lot of times they got the tackle in after a guys made the 1st touch and looked for the 2nd.
      Maybe would've been good to hit more first time, but easy to say sitting here with a keyboard in front of me...
      Harrisimo

• 8,288 posts | 1401 
      Reply #457: Feb 19, 2019 10:09:24 pm
      We need a lot of hard work before Sunday, not least on corners and free kicks! I am not suggesting Utd are in Bayern’s class, but they are playing us and they’ll up their game two fold!

Mate we haven't taken a decent corner since 1977...when Tommy Smith scored with a header..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #458: Feb 19, 2019 10:09:31 pm
      Yeah Hendo as a MOTM is a very fair shout, I just went for Fabinho in the end taking into consideration that he was playing out of position with a CB partner that isn't exactly our best. But both played really well together, I was quite impressed.

Me too for Fab he was just so calm and measured he was the man in control not Joel who was ok tonight too.
      I wouldn't mind him alongside VVD what a pairing that could be
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #459: Feb 19, 2019 10:09:53 pm
      In fact I quite respect Bayern, not a dirty team, clean tackles and a discipline performance from them? We were our own worst enemy. Stray passes, slow to the ball, don;t know what to do with the final passes into the box, final decisive passes hit the last defenders leg and all that, crosses into box everywhere except where it should be. Corners can;t get pass the front post. We have seen that in the last few games and it seems we haven;t improved a bit but getting worst. Do we need a Dubai and marbella to improve that. Stay back like the good old days, no semi-holidays, train hard and analyse the opposition tactics until trophies are won. Wonder what they do in Dubai and Marbella? Were they practicing to improve these areas.

They crowd out Salah and Klopp kept asking the ball to be delivered to Salah, Let Salah be a free libero like Suarez. Plan B Klopp, Plan B please. Shift Salah and Mane around. If I'm not mistaken Mane used to cement himself on the right wing until Salah arrived. So, right wing is fine with Mane. Frustrated. Many aid we created many chances except scoring but scoring goals win you games.

I will vote the whole defence as the MOTM if I could,.

Quick Reply