Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Pre-Match: Manchester United V Liverpool (24/02/19 - 14:05)

Read 28199 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,381 posts | 1419 
      Re: Pre-Match: Manchester United V Liverpool (24/02/19 - 14:05)
      Reply #161: Feb 22, 2019 08:05:40 pm
      I've been a staunch supporter of Henderson but if he has a fairly average game I don't start making out he was brilliant. I know what he offers. Some of his critics complain if he doesn't do stuff he's not really capable off.

Someone did say "We will never win the Premiership with Henderson as a midfield kingpin"..in that he meant Henderson could play a part but not a significantly enough to really make that difference. I said well your falling into the trap of expecting him to do stuff he's not capable of.

I stopped expecting Hendo to really turn it on long ago. I know what to expect from him and I never really knock him.
      Against Bayern his performance was elevated from competent, decent to brilliant. By the same token his critics say he was crap and lacked influence. He can't win.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #162: Feb 22, 2019 08:06:48 pm
      Stop talking sh*te about Wijnaldum as a playmaking 10 and it'll be fine.

And while you're at it, stop listening to Phil Neville.
      The fella's a joke.

Try listening to what Klopp says about a certain player.
      Try to understand that if you don't rate him, and Klopp does, it's you that is missing something.

Well, there is no denying P.Neville does talk trash the majority of the time, so does Savage, Hartson, Merson etc, but occasionally... rarely do they talk sense, and the video I linked you proved that we did play with a double 6 and a different system to the 433 at the beginning of the season and last season.

And whether you find that missing something or not,  is it a problem to come up with a different solution with others without being called a hater, clueless etc etc? Aren't you interesting to know other people's opinions as to why they prefer player A over B?

I replied to another poster, and you jumped down my f**king throat, with this nugget;

This is the problem with your thinking. It's obviously you see it as an aggressive reply to your post when it isn't, it was just a normal reply giving my opinion. Are you always this jittery and defensive over nothing?

When I disagreed, off you went, spouting bollocks about Wijnaldum as a #10 playmaker, when we don't even play with a true #10 

This is hilarious.

Having you choose between Wijnaldum or Hendo in a #10 playmaker role was more to make you think about the strengths and weaknesses of each player which hopefully would make you see that Wijnaldum is the more technical and better option in an attacking role. But hey, if you still think Hendo would offer more, what can I do?!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #163: Feb 22, 2019 08:12:02 pm
      I've been a staunch supporter of Henderson but if he has a fairly average game I don't start making out he was brilliant. I know what he offers. Some of his critics complain if he doesn't do stuff he's not really capable off.

Someone did say "We will never win the Premiership with Henderson as a midfield kingpin"..in that he meant Henderson could play a part but not a significantly enough to really make that difference. I said well your falling into the trap of expecting him to do stuff he's not capable of.

I stopped expecting Hendo to really turn it on long ago. I know what to expect from him and I never really knock him.
      Against Bayern his performance was elevated from competent, decent to brilliant. By the same token his critics say he was crap and lacked influence. He can't win.

The thing is, in the job he's doing, it's difficult for any player to shine while doing that job well.
      Add to that a more cautious approach from Klopp this season, with more emphasis on possession and defensive solidity, and it's not a position that's going to catch the eye, but at the same time, is perhaps the most vital cog.

Fabinho has Wijnaldum next to him when he plays 6, Henderson does it alone.

It was the same with Lucas.
      He was fantastic in a restricted role, but got constantly slated.
      It was the same tired old sh*te that we see aimed at Henderson; only passes backwards and sideways etc

Where I really disagree is your assumption that he's limited or not capable of certain things.
      Have a look at the video's I posted, then get back to me on that.

As I said before, the only issue Henderson has is that he's not Gerrard.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #164: Feb 22, 2019 08:13:11 pm
      Well, there is no denying P.Neville does talk trash the majority of the time, so does Savage, Hartson, Merson etc, but occasionally... rarely do they talk sense, and the video I linked you proved that we did play with a double 6 and a different system to the 433 at the beginning of the season and last season.

And whether you find that missing something or not,  is it a problem to come up with a different solution with others without being called a hater, clueless etc etc? Aren't you interesting to know other people's opinions as to why they prefer player A over B?

This is the problem with your thinking. It's obviously you see it as an aggressive reply to your post when it isn't, it was just a normal reply giving my opinion. Are you always this jittery and defensive over nothing?

Having you choose between Wijnaldum or Hendo in a #10 playmaker role was more to make you think about the strengths and weaknesses of each player which hopefully would make you see that Wijnaldum is the more technical and better option in an attacking role. But hey, if you still think Hendo would offer more, what can I do?!

WUM off fella.

I'm bored of your schtick now.

Go and try it on someone else.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,720 posts | 3941 
      Reply #165: Feb 22, 2019 08:13:26 pm
      They will play like they have since Ole took over which is on the counter so although it won’t be Mourinho style bus parked they will sit deep.

Need Salah to turn up for this one.

Salah is due a big big goal. Not sure he’s bagged one since Napoli?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #166: Feb 22, 2019 08:14:21 pm
      Seriously?
      Now you're trying to play the victim?

I replied to another poster, and you jumped down my f**king throat, with this nugget;
      I didn't say a f**king word to you up until that point.

When I disagreed, off you went, spouting bollocks about Wijnaldum as a #10 playmaker, when we don't even play with a true #10  :laugh:

This is hilarious.  :lmao:

That really isn't jumping down anyone's throat. It's called engaging on a football forum.

Chill.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,184 posts | 2753 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #167: Feb 22, 2019 08:17:06 pm
      Bloody hell if you lads are  like this before the match I'm keeping well away if you get beat.  ;D

Your knocking heads out of each other  :o JD will have his work cut out keeping you lot in check.  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #168: Feb 22, 2019 08:19:33 pm
      That really isn't jumping down anyone's throat. It's called engaging on a football forum.

Chill.

Perfectly chilled WAHS

Just bored of the same old sh*te.
      The same people were slagging Wijnaldum off last season.
      Now Henderson is the scapegoat, and Wijnaldum is the best thing since sliced bread.
      I honestly don't know what's wrong with getting behind all the lads.
      If I can get behind Djimi Traore, it shouldn't be a stretch for people to get behind the club captain.

Seems to be a social media sport, this picking a scapegoat and making ridiculous claims about them.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #169: Feb 22, 2019 08:20:29 pm
      Bloody hell if you lads are  like this before the match I'm keeping well away if you get beat.  ;D

Your knocking heads out of each other  :o JD will have his work cut out keeping you lot in check.  ;D

I'll save you the time.

If we get beat, it will be Hendersons fault, even if he doesn't play.
      ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,720 posts | 3941 
      Reply #170: Feb 22, 2019 08:26:17 pm
      Perfectly chilled WAHS

Now Henderson is the scapegoat, and Wijnaldum is the best thing since sliced bread.
      If I can get behind Djimi Traore, it shouldn't be a stretch for people to get behind the club captain.

Seems to be a social media sport, this picking a scapegoat and making ridiculous claims about them.

You’re making that up, PM and I are proper Wijnaldum fanboys and have been since he signed. Who else you talking about?
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #171: Feb 22, 2019 08:29:49 pm
      I am sure you're backtracking, as usual.

10 isn't a midfield role, it's a secondary attacker.

If anything it would be a 6 and two 8's or 2 6's and one 8 in Klopps setup.
      If it's 2 6's they are primarily defensive, as is the 8, with a secondary role as support for attacks and fullbacks.
      If it's 1 6 then the 2 "8" go wide to provide defensive cover and support the fullbacks.
      none of these is a 10 position.
      That's Firmino in his 9 1/2 as Klopp calls it.
      When are you going to understand that the primary focus of our midfield is defensive, and that even sitting just outside the opposition box their job is to win the ball back quickly

Wijnaldum is not more "technical" than Henderson.
      That's absolute horseshit, and has nothing to do with me "accepting it".
      It's jus you plucking buzzwords out of the air that you think sound good.
      Just as you did when you insisted 2 6's was a double pivot.

Here's a tip.
      Stop listening to Phil Neville.

Think he means Wijnaldum is much better at carrying the ball, shielding the ball, holding up play and is more of a threat in and around the box, be that getting involved in the build up or into a position to score.

Which if he is I'd have to wholeheartedly agree. Given the choice of any of them playing further up the pitch I'd pick Wijnaldum all day long.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,487 posts | 3439 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #172: Feb 22, 2019 08:31:11 pm
      It's all mignolet's fault
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #173: Feb 22, 2019 08:42:50 pm
      You’re making that up, PM and I are proper Wijnaldum fanboys and have been since he signed. Who else you talking about?

Check last seasons match threads and you'll see.

Not everything is about you and monkey boy.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,720 posts | 3941 
      Reply #174: Feb 22, 2019 08:43:55 pm
      Check last seasons match threads and you'll see.

Not everything is about you and monkey boy.

Ha ha you crack me up.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #175: Feb 22, 2019 08:47:08 pm
      Think he means Wijnaldum is much better at carrying the ball, shielding the ball, holding up play and is more of a threat in and around the box, be that getting involved in the build up or into a position to score.

Which if he is I'd have to wholeheartedly agree. Given the choice of any of them playing further up the pitch I'd pick Wijnaldum all day long.

Shielding the ball and holding up play perhaps.

Henderson is one of the most powerful runners I've seen, with or without the ball.
      He's also excellent around the box.

I think because he plays in a role that limits his play and doesn't show how good he is, people forget what a beast he is in an advanced position.
      Like I said before to another poster.
      Check out the video's I posted.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #176: Feb 22, 2019 08:49:32 pm

Seriously though, check out last seasons match threads.
      Wijnaldum got properly slated, and I defended him as much as I defend Henderson.

It's like some posters always have to have a scapegoat.
      It's F***ing weird.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #177: Feb 22, 2019 09:10:59 pm

Rodgers no?..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #178: Feb 22, 2019 09:29:00 pm
      Perfectly chilled WAHS

I don't think this lad does scapegoat him, more just doesn't rate him.

There is a hell of a lot of scapegoating for Hendo around, though.

I say F**k all on Hendo now....

I rated Alby..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,720 posts | 3941 
      Reply #179: Feb 22, 2019 09:40:33 pm

I say f**k all on Hendo now....

I rated Alby..

I’ve stopped slating Henderson now too, he’s had a few really good games this season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #180: Feb 22, 2019 09:48:41 pm

I say F**k all on Hendo now....

I rated Alby..

There have been times when I didn't rate a player, but they kept getting picked, but instead of trying to justify my opinion, I've asked myself the question; "What am I missing that the manager sees".
      That, to me seems the sensible thing to do.
      To me, not rating a player when all the evidence is that I am wrong would be extremely arrogant.
      So now, when I see a player, and wonder why he is played ahead of others, I don't question the managers competence, I question myself, and more importantly, try to see what it is I'm missing.
      It's far more likely that I am mistaken, than a manager like Klopp is.
      Then we have the sly digs of "he's not technical", "he's no good in tight spaces", "he's just a workhorse" and all the rest of it. It's just a snidey way of having a dig.
      Even just looking at a youtube video shows it to be utter nonsense.

As far as Alby goes, assuming you mean Moreno, he's a really talented footballer.
      He's just not a good defender, and has a problem between the ears for me.
      Like the computer saying goes, "the problem exists between keyboard and chair".
      I'm trying to find a nice way of saying he seems to be a thick c**t.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #181: Feb 22, 2019 09:52:53 pm
      It's 9.05 sunday morning for us east coasters,watch at home so i don't have to deal with the gobs***e yankmancs,met a couple of sound ones but F**k me what a bunch of inbred tw*ts they mostly are.Bash the cu*ts,i hate em.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #182: Feb 22, 2019 10:13:53 pm

I say f**k all on Hendo now....

I rated Alby..

I actually do rate him , I think he is a good #6, but as an #8, I think he can be far better and more influential as I have stated millions of times. However, I do think Fabinho offers more in the deeper role. As for the 8 role, Wijnaldum is better (imo of course) for now, and then you have the more attacking midfield role where Wijnaldum and Keita would be better suited imo.

But rating those players over Hendo doesn't mean I think he is a backup player only. He is more than capable as a first teamer, and if paired with Wijnaldum/Fabinho/Keita, and even in an unorthodox midfield trio , I have every confidence of our midfield performing, but I just don't think it would be as balanced as Keita, Fab & Wijnaldum/Hendo/Milner where there is a bit of everything.
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2019 10:28:05 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #183: Feb 22, 2019 10:22:21 pm
      We’re going to win 12 in a row.. starting With the shitty Mancs come Sunday..

Just have a feeling we are going to do the business Sunday onwards..

Quick Reply