Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Platini plans not accepted..thanks God for that..

Read 1538 times
      Cy
      Platini plans not accepted..thanks God for that..
      Nov 12, 2007 07:25:45 pm

Platini's Euro Cup plan rejected

Domestic cup winners will not get to play in the Champions League after a proposal from Uefa chief Michel Platini was rejected, BBC Sport understands.

Platini had suggested that cup winners should play off for the places currently given to the fourth-placed finishers in the top European leagues.

But his proposal was turned down at a meeting of top European officials.

One agreed change is that the team that comes third in the Premier League will go straight into the Champions League.

The team that finishes fourth will continue to play a qualifier to reach the group stages.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7090646.stm

That is great news I believe, the plus point is that team finishing 3rd wouldn't have to play qualifier round.

If you finish third in the league you are more worthy then if you win the FA cup, constancy and hard work are rewarded with this decision whcih would be ratified on the 1st of December.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Platini plans not accepted..thanks God for that..
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2007 01:28:55 am
      I think the FA Cup winners should go in ahead of the 4th placed side.

Makes no difference though.  The FA Cup winners usually are already in the top 4.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Platini plans not accepted..thanks God for that..
      Reply #2: Nov 16, 2007 03:01:35 pm
      Platini must wake up, stop acting like a schoolboy, someone pls. go tell him that the Champions League involves big bucks and he has to start to learn that and learn that fast, and certainly no one wants to see a 3rd grade team in the CL, does he honestly thinks that the power house of European soccer would allow him to do just that. He really has got s**t in his brain. I've never replied a post with such nasty comments about any individual, and this is exceptional, and i never liked him even back to the days when he played for Juventus, and even so they won the European Cup 'cause our beloved LFC gave it to them as they had too many fans died and to win the cup would add fuel to fire. To start with, i never like him a bit, as it appears that he has prejudice against British teams, just wonder how he got himself elected into that post, someone must show him the door quick, that is his first blunder as a UEFA chief and that's bad showmanship right from the start.

Quick Reply