Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off

Read 11865 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #69: Apr 25, 2019 04:25:48 pm
      Man city would destroy Brighton if they meet on final day. Leicester are only team who think have a tiny glimmer if there all fit. Just can't see Burnley with quality from city and now de bryne back in training too. Vardy if he plays could be a danger to leicester on counter like few years back. Just think pepe has them so reved up and it's at home it be very tough. We live in hope

I've said it once and I'll say it again, you are just to pessimistic. Yes City can win all games, but equally they can slip up in at least one of them, Burnley and Leicester will not be easy, Leicester when they play well are a very good footballing side, plus they are quick on the break and that can hurt City.
      Anyway we'll wait and cross our fingers for Sunday at 14:05, before that we have an ass-kicking to hand out, hello Huddersfield !!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #70: Apr 25, 2019 04:30:12 pm
      Whatever happens we also realise its been a wonderful season we exceeded expectations. Be heartbreaking if we were to get 97 points and still be waiting on a first PL trophy. It is what it is though. We deserve silverware this season. Hopefully someone can have the guts to go at city not sit back not be afraid of them. Europe I think it's 50/50against barca. We all be devasted if we don't win something but its been an incredible run. Any other year bar last year and the gazillions the Arabs threw at city  the league would be wrapped up with red ribbons already.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #71: Apr 25, 2019 04:33:33 pm
      I've said it once and I'll say it again, you are just to pessimistic. Yes City can win all games, but equally they can slip up in at least one of them, Burnley and Leicester will not be easy, Leicester when they play well are a very good footballing side, plus they are quick on the break and that can hurt City.
      Anyway we'll wait and cross our fingers for Sunday at 14:05, before that we have an ass-kicking to hand out, hello Huddersfield !!
      We have been beaten in so many cup finals under klopp  and lost out in a few really close PL titles over the years under both benitez when only fergie time goals denied us and then under Rodgers reign. So it's hard to be confident. I think once we win our first piece of silverware under klopp more will follow on soon after.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #72: Apr 25, 2019 06:20:56 pm
      Just back from the supermarket i was banging on to the cashier about it being friday and the weekend is here,i'm off to the pub etc etc.....Games on friday makes me seem even more of a loon! 
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0uS7WwFLp0 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #73: Apr 25, 2019 06:30:36 pm
      tw*t these and see what's what.

If we don't, God help Barca.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #74: Apr 26, 2019 01:26:48 am
      Strongest Team out there, get the job done early doors, then let the big boys have a res.

Am sure Salah and Mane will want to be on the pitch to see if they can win the Golden Boot for this season.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #75: Apr 26, 2019 09:54:33 am
      GD isn’t going to be what decides it this year. 3 points is all that matters, if it’s 1-0 then it’s just as good as 6-0.

Given City’s last 3 fixtures, I think it would be a silly move if we went out to try and obliterate teams to boost our goal difference. It’s one of the things we tried under BR and look how that turned out.

If cuteh draw 1 it will go to goal difference.

Can't believe I will be on a plane and miss the game.

CMON YOU REDMEN
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2019 10:14:54 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #76: Apr 26, 2019 10:11:25 am
      not Arsed about a goal fest,1-0 gets you the same amount of points as 10-0 just get the game won redmen.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #77: Apr 26, 2019 10:15:34 am

No it won’t, if City draw a game then providing we keep winning then we will be a point ahead.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #78: Apr 26, 2019 10:21:15 am
      No it won’t, if City draw a game then providing we keep winning then we will be a point ahead.

Lord let it be so..🤲🏼 🙏🏼 👍🏼
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #79: Apr 26, 2019 10:52:22 am
      Klopp not rotating for the sake of it, he confirmed yesterday.

So Expect to see almost the same team as Sunday, depending on any fitness Issues.

Fab was a doubt Obviously, and he may be tempted to throw Gomez in to add a bit of height for the Huddersfield Set pieces.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #80: Apr 26, 2019 11:01:30 am

Can't believe I will be on a plane and miss the game.

CMON YOU REDMEN
      How many times have people got to refer to goal difference before they realise it's completely irrelevant!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #81: Apr 26, 2019 11:11:09 am
      Sterling sum cheek on him saying at awards ceremony that city were doing the football World a favour by stopping liverpool winning the league as no one wants to see that. What a cocky wee sh*te
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #82: Apr 26, 2019 11:16:10 am
      Fernardinho says all city players are going to be like animals in last three games hunting down the opposition that pep has them that fired up there ready to go   through brick walls. Fernardinho has always been an animal on field in a bad sneaky way. Now kompany starting to pull and drag too. There that cute they get away with it. Cannot stand the thought of a laughing sterling and guardiola with pl trophy and hatchet man fernardinho with a big smile on his face. Noooo that dream can't come through... 😞
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #83: Apr 26, 2019 11:17:23 am
      I'll take a 1-0, 2-0, 6-0, 10-9; it doesn't matter what the score is or how many we score now, just the points on the board!

Just to echo comments above, goal difference doesn't mean anything anymore, we need to win our final 3 games and force City to need to get 98 points to win the league, that's all we can do. The worst thing I can imagine at this stage is handing City the trophy by losing points, make them work for it!

I can't see Huddersfield coming away with anything other than a beating but we can't take it for granted.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #84: Apr 26, 2019 11:19:23 am
      Fernardinho says all city players are going to be like animals in last three games hunting down the opposition that pep has them that fired up there ready to go   through brick walls. Fernardinho has always been an animal on field in a bad sneaky way. Now kompany starting to pull and drag too. There that cute they get away with it. Cannot stand the thought of a laughing sterling and guardiola with pl trophy and hatchet man fernardinho with a big smile on his face. Noooo that dream can't come through... 😞

Can’t stand Kompany, seems virtually untouchable where the officials are concerned. He gets away with so much, should have been sent off against us and he could easily have been sent off against United. It’s like the officials have way too much respect for him.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #85: Apr 26, 2019 11:29:22 am
      How many times have people got to refer to goal difference before they realise it's completely irrelevant!

it's only relevant if they lose a game and we draw one!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #86: Apr 26, 2019 11:31:55 am
      It's a pity the Burnley City match was not tomorrow @2. Gale force winds 50mph and Heavy rain as storm comes in tonight. Might suited Burnley better that. Them conditions even things out. Instead it's fkn Sunday warm light winds 😂. I thought it was a fkn sat it was on too.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #87: Apr 26, 2019 12:13:21 pm

excatly.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #88: Apr 26, 2019 12:17:49 pm
      I know!  I've said it enough times!! 

If we draw one and they lose one, we're not gonna make up 8 goals in the other 2 games anyway, so as I've said, irrelevant.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #89: Apr 26, 2019 12:34:54 pm
      Sean dyche has said he was a lpool fan all through his childhood. They have a few players missing defour Aaron lennon but who knows. Can big Peter crouch come up with something special. We just need to believe burnley can get something
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #90: Apr 26, 2019 12:41:47 pm
      Hope the crowd are up for it tonight, shouldn't go there just sitting back and expect huddersfield to roll over
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #91: Apr 26, 2019 01:01:47 pm
      Wish it would hurry up and get to game time!!

Sean dyche has said he was a lpool fan all through his childhood. They have a few players missing defour Aaron lennon but who knows. Can big Peter crouch come up with something special. We just need to believe burnley can get something

Don’t think Lennon is if any loss to them. Crouch has been ruled out of the game.

Quick Reply