Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Utd v City

Read 21987 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Utd v City
      Apr 24, 2019 09:53:22 am
      Such an important game I thought I'd create a thread for it. Hope that's ok.

A taste of the mindset we are up against: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47992328

So, come on Leicester City it is then!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Utd v City
      Reply #1: Apr 24, 2019 10:06:36 am
      Seems like Ole trying to play some mind games with Pep, tactical fouling etc.  I thought they just paid the ref off and didn't have to try to get into his head.
      Did I hear KDB, D Silva and Dinho injured/out for the game? That would help. Even so, still have Aquero, Sterling, Sane, the other Silva etc. so Utd still up against it.
      But it's a derby. And maybe they can produce something. REALLY hope they do.
      In saying that, would still hold out some hope for Burnley - Leicester very unlikely, Brighton no chance.
      CMON OLE!!!!!!!! ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2: Apr 24, 2019 10:20:23 am
      If United had any motivation, any real battlers in their team then you think they might have a chance of doing something, but they don't even look particulary fit never mind motivated.

Cannot see Solskjaer outwitting Guardiola.

Hope for something to happen but I'm realistically expecting something like a three goal margin for City.

Kopite78
      Reply #3: Apr 24, 2019 10:27:55 am
      What you gonna be watching Rush? Is there any old episodes of homes under the hammer on your planner? Or you got them pencilled in for Friday night at about 8 ☺

This though? I think City will win, I think they will get an early goal which will take the pressure off of them and allow them to play the game at their pace

However I don't belive it will be that easy for city here, United won't want another smashing this week, he's essentially already playing to prove himself to everyone early on and another defeat will effect that which he won't want. The players once the game starts will be up for it and playing for their own pride

If they're good enough is another thing but I don't think it will be easy. If United can get through the initial city push and take it longer into the game level or better then city will get nervous and you never know.

One thing I know though is the players won't want to make it easy and they will put city through another tough 90 minutes and even if they win tonight they have Burnley away 4 days later, the tougher the game the better for us even if the points aren't dropped tonight

Keep the faith reds

Keep doing our job
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #4: Apr 24, 2019 11:06:04 am
      If United win today and we win our first PL title because of that, how will that make you guys feel?

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Apr 24, 2019 11:07:17 am
      We have just got to hope that the manure players have got an ounce of decency about them and show some fight.On paper they have not got a chance in hell of beating City but hopefully with the REFS assistance they can at least hold City to a draw.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Apr 24, 2019 11:09:22 am
      If United win today and we win our first PL title because of that, how will that make you guys feel?

It will make me very proud of our REDS for what they have achieved this season.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7: Apr 24, 2019 11:11:34 am
      Torn about waking up at 5am to watch this. Could be a rout for City it cagey tight game that United will win.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #8: Apr 24, 2019 11:12:39 am
      Come on you scum.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9: Apr 24, 2019 11:14:27 am

I’m sorry but us winning our first title would be down to our own very hard fought graft and determination..why are you so keen to take away or not give credit to Klopp & the boys on what’s been a phenomenal season..?

https://twitter.com/grizzkhan/status/1120439335831183360?s=21
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #10: Apr 24, 2019 11:31:08 am
      Really don't care...I will support United today...They are so behind us and their draw or win would give us title race boost.

This is my feeling:
      https://youtu.be/KDI-C6XvdIQ
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Apr 24, 2019 12:26:24 pm
      Really don't care...I will support United today...They are so behind us and their draw or win would give us title race boost.

This is my feeling:
      https://youtu.be/KDI-C6XvdIQ

Saw this the other day, was in stitches  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #12: Apr 24, 2019 04:44:58 pm
      Not gonna watch,La Liga will be on!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13: Apr 24, 2019 04:45:24 pm
      Put it this way, come 10pm tonight we will be back down to 2nd.

Easy 3 points for City this. Guardiola was basically laughing at United and Ole in his press conference.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #14: Apr 24, 2019 05:03:27 pm
      Not watching the game, although have a feeling, the result could be a draw. Derby games can be unpredictable, form going out of the window.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15: Apr 24, 2019 05:13:37 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16: Apr 24, 2019 05:34:26 pm
      Put it this way, come 10pm tonight we will be back down to 2nd.

Easy 3 points for City this. Guardiola was basically laughing at United and Ole in his press conference.

It's either gonna be a game where either City will dominate and win or Utd playing very well and still losing. I don't see a draw or win for them :(
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17: Apr 24, 2019 06:34:30 pm

FFS, we won't win the title because united win tonight (if that happens).
      We will win the title because we accumulated more points over 38 games.

Klopp is right.
      People that take one result and use it as a prism to view a 38 match campaign are idiots.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18: Apr 24, 2019 06:39:37 pm
      Solskjaer claimed that City 'will kick you'...and he's right. You look at what Fernandinho gets away with and it's ridiculous. Quite frankly if he was doing what he was doing for a Neil Warnock side he'd be getting penalised a lot more.

Look at the way they played us back in January - Kompany with an awful tackle, Fernandinho constantly hacking and crashing into us. It's a major facet into how Guardiola turned a disappointing first season with them into fully blown success. Under the guise of playing 'pretty football' they've been allowed to get away with it. Simple as.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Apr 24, 2019 06:47:58 pm
      Look at the way they played us back in January - Kompany with an awful tackle, Fernandinho constantly hacking and crashing into us. It's a major facet into how Guardiola turned a disappointing first season with them into fully blown success. Under the guise of playing 'pretty football' they've been allowed to get away with it. Simple as.

Yep, they got away with it that day, and in lots of other matches.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #20: Apr 24, 2019 06:54:02 pm
      I’m praying united get a result.

Just can’t see it though
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21: Apr 24, 2019 06:54:16 pm
      Yep, they got away with it that day, and in lots of other matches.

It's no surprise that it was Anthony Taylor who was refereeing the game that night. Their are many insults to the profession of refereeing but he's right amongst the worst insults.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22: Apr 24, 2019 06:55:23 pm

Check out this tabloid fodder gimp.

Personal feeling - City will win tonight (of course). Does it mean they will win the title? No. If they lost tonight would it mean we win the title? Of course not.

Quick Reply