Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 33457 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Re: Liverpool v Huddersfield Friday 26th April 20:00 Kick Off
      Reply #207: Apr 25, 2019 03:28:36 pm
      What if our players can’t see city dropping points as well and takes a foot off the pedal? Are they allowed to do that?

Few can see city dropping points anyway. We can’t blame their change in mentality if so.

They will not do that as they all remember the Newcastle result against City ie in football sh*t can happen at any time. They have to fight to the end and hope City slip up in one of the next 3 matches.
      My only worry is the Newcastle game being in between the 2 Barca matches, just hope Rafa rests a few players or they take it a bit easy now they are safe. I wonder if Rafa could get a way with resting Perez? ;-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #208: Apr 25, 2019 03:36:13 pm
      Sorry but how on earth is Burnley away, Leicester at home and Brighton away easier that Huddersfield at home, Newcastle away and Wolves at home. Factor in that two of our opponents have f**k all to play for and Wolves might not have anything either come the final game of the season and in any case we'll be every bit as hungry as them for a result, if not more. Also factor in that we have two home games to City's two away games.

totally agree. City have the hardest run in.

Were playing 3 teams with nothing to play for.

1 of the 3 is the worst team in the league by miles.

Newcastle players will be on holiday mode, Rafa may well blood some youngsters. ;-)

Wolves will be tough, as they are a very good team, but its at Anfield and we will be buzzing, and hopefully still in with a shout of the league.

City away twice at very tough grounds, v teams that regularly pull off shock results.

Its all to play for.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #209: Apr 25, 2019 04:10:14 pm
      totally agree. City have the hardest run in.

Were playing 3 teams with nothing to play for.

1 of the 3 is the worst team in the league by miles.

Newcastle players will be on holiday mode, Rafa may well blood some youngsters. ;-)

Wolves will be tough, as they are a very good team, but its at Anfield and we will be buzzing, and hopefully still in with a shout of the league.

City away twice at very tough grounds, v teams that regularly pull off shock results.

Its all to play for.

Burnley yes tough but seriously Brighton away?

They got done 5-0 by Bournemouth and will also be safe by then as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #210: Apr 25, 2019 04:12:35 pm
      Burnley yes tough but seriously Brighton away?

They got done 5-0 by Bournemouth and will also be safe by then as well.

Oh you mean the Brighton that kept Spurs out for 88 minutes away from home? I would not want to rely on them but can they snatch a draw if their survival depended on it, yes I think they possibly could.

By the way there is no guarantee that they'll be safe by then.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: 3 to go - The Title run in
      Reply #211: Apr 25, 2019 04:14:27 pm
      Damn it everybody, if we would just go 38-0-0 and sweep through each domestic and European cup competition, we wouldn't be having this discussion. We need to win the Charity Shield and Euro Super Cup by a minimum of 5-0 every year. Then, we would be champions of everything and there's no denying it. I mean, if we were 37-1-0 in the league, we could still lose it and that is not acceptable. So get your heads straight and remember this important fact. No losses or draws, no failure at winning trophies. No goals conceded, no chance of losing. No shots on goal allowed, no goals conceded

(minus an occasional own goal in which case the offending player(s) must be sacked immediately and a minimum of 100 million spent on transfer fee and FIFA/UEFA bribes to suspend the transfer window schedule and get a replacement in by the next match - and as I think of it why didn't Peter Moore spend the 100 million during the previous window in anticipation that this could happen and save us the extra bribe money now needed to get the new player in to replace the guy who scored an own goal and ruined our clean sheet in a 6-1 win and thus ruining our perfect clean sheet season? Well why didn't he?)

Damn it people, raise your standards!

I'm sensing some sarcasm here ;-)
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #212: Apr 25, 2019 04:24:18 pm
      Oh you mean the Brighton that kept Spurs out for 88 minutes away from home? I would not want to rely on them but can they snatch a draw if their survival depended on it, yes I think they possibly could.

By the way there is no guarantee that they'll be safe by then.
      Indeed; Brighton have Newcastle (h) Arsenal (away) & City (h) and are 3 points ahead of Cardiff.  They may get no points form the next 2.

Cardiff have Fulham (a) and Palace (h) before Utd (a) last match, so hopefully can pick up 4-6 points going into last match.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #213: Apr 25, 2019 04:29:10 pm
      I called the United/city derby a draw as did so many. But it's not over till a person with an eating disorder sings. Burnley or Leicester could still pull off a shock result. Ok we are getting desperate now. Klopp won't admit defeat till the maths say so.

Personally think the end of the season is the time for the post mortem.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #214: Apr 25, 2019 04:32:33 pm
      If City win it, they will have won 14 games in a row. No regrets. A special team.

If we come second with 97 points, again you cannot have regrets. Its 97 F***ing points. An incredible total.

If we do ever win the league under Klopp (if not this season) - less than 97 will probably do it! We have not blinked since March. Keep going. Up the Reds!!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #215: Apr 25, 2019 04:43:12 pm
      They will draw at Burnley. You heard it here first.

OK, you probably didn't. But they will!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #216: Apr 25, 2019 05:01:08 pm
      They will draw at Burnley. You heard it here first.

OK, you probably didn't. But they will!
      Can you forecast the lotto numbers too please
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #217: Apr 25, 2019 05:09:06 pm
      Can you forecast the lotto numbers too please
      8, 12, 22, 30, 41, 49, 55
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #218: Apr 25, 2019 05:14:20 pm
      Good man no bother to you
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #219: Apr 25, 2019 05:28:55 pm
      City fans on the bus back from Burnley. :f_tongueincheek:

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #220: Apr 25, 2019 05:35:58 pm
      They will not do that as they all remember the Newcastle result against City ie in football sh*t can happen at any time. They have to fight to the end and hope City slip up in one of the next 3 matches.
      My only worry is the Newcastle game being in between the 2 Barca matches, just hope Rafa rests a few players or they take it a bit easy now they are safe. I wonder if Rafa could get a way with resting Perez? ;-)

If only some of our fans think likewise... see where this one small thought is heading? ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,407 posts | 1431 
      Reply #221: Apr 25, 2019 06:51:37 pm
      Can't help feeling that City have been given a slightly easier time than us. Yes it's a pathetic whinge but some teams just go thru the motions. Even Ole was happy his team put up some sort of fight. Any notion of actually beating City was beyond his real ambition.

Teams did the same when Fergie was the gaffa at United. City get similar deference. Some managers accept defeat a little bit to easy . Suppose that's the inevitable disparity between the big money teams and the survival is success mob.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #222: Apr 25, 2019 06:57:33 pm
      It’s not a case of having a lack of belief in our team, far from it, I have every faith in the team to win all the remaining games this season. It’s a lack of faith in other teams that have to come up against City which is the problem.

Exactly what I've been getting at yet some seem to equate that with giving up or not supporting our lads.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #223: Apr 25, 2019 06:59:30 pm
      Linguard missed a glorious chance last night to puy united one up. If he had scored  I think we be talking about a different result.  Spurs sat had four one on one's. If Burnley can score first as teams haven't been able to do then we see what temprement city have. Don't F***ing sit back go at the fuckers. Invite pressure they will eventually score. Show no fear  that's what's wrong with teams. There beat before they start. Sum even don't even put out there best 11 which shows they think they get nothing anyway. Go at city there defence can be got at. Will dyche  do itll
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #224: Apr 25, 2019 07:41:55 pm
      I know a lot of us were thinking the United game would be in the one City would slip up in but the mood shift on here has been staggering.

Out of the 16 points City have dropped this year, 11 of them have come to teams outside the top 6.

It might be unlikely but it's not done yet. The season analysis can wait.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #225: Apr 25, 2019 08:06:22 pm
      its not going to happen this season. But I and many of you will agree that We have the best manager in the world, Pep will f**k off in a couple of years and go to PSG, then we will win the League.

No regrets, City missed a pen at Anfield, we have been a little bit lucky late on in games.

we will have to settle for the 6th European Cup
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #226: Apr 25, 2019 09:22:34 pm
      Been feeling it in the water, Brendan's Leicester are going to turn them over. It is written.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2019 09:59:41 pm by Roddenberry »
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #227: Apr 25, 2019 09:34:46 pm
      I think leicester are only side who have the quality to compete. Brendy cannot influence the match once it starts between those white lines. But the players can and with the likes of Johnny Evans a united fan and xplayer and schmicheal in goals could that have a negative effect if it tight. Will they burst there bollocks off for the cause unlike united. I don't no the answer maybe maybe not. They have good players like maddison vardy maguire and Chilwell if they all play. Leicester haven't really much to play for. I agree brendy will want to do lpool a favour but it's only the players can influence things. How ironic it would be if it was Johnny Evans a guy city chased for a long time who would thwart them. Also depends on what Leicester team is out. Vardy is in and out of team and injuries. But hey wouldn't it be great if they could.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #228: Apr 25, 2019 09:43:43 pm
      Been feeling it in the water, Brandan's Leicester are going to turn them over. It is written.

🙏🏼   

Go on Brodge...
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #229: Apr 25, 2019 09:46:43 pm
      BR will win the league for Liverpool in the most beautiful bit of footballing irony of all time

Quick Reply