Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 32478 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: 3 to go - The Title run in
      Reply #253: Apr 26, 2019 02:25:37 pm
      What about that wee f**ker sterling at his awards ceremony saying no wants wants to see lfc win the league and City are hoping to do the football World a favour. There the team that turned you into a proper player and gave you the opportunity to showcase your skill. I'm beginning to hate shitty more that united

If he said that then its astonishing, and this is the pr**k held up as a role model for young kids, a player basically shitting on the club that made him, the team that took him on when all other clubs refused because they were all racist, according to his fuckwit of a youth coach, Abrahams.
      That is really some way to show your gratitude, I hope one of the Burnley defenders does to him what they did to Joe, but worse.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #254: Apr 26, 2019 02:41:35 pm
      I am still hopefully Burnley can take something out of the game. They will be City's 9th game in a 30 day period of which 5 games are in the last 15 days. With Burnley being a physical team and that kind of mileage on the legs, it would not surprise to see City drop points here.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #255: Apr 26, 2019 02:46:13 pm
      I don't know about you guys but I can just see 'one of those games' on the horizon for City.

You know the ones, tough physical games whereby nothing goes your way...  A red, an offside goal.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #256: Apr 26, 2019 04:14:55 pm
      ps. who cares what sterling has said. ;D
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #257: Apr 26, 2019 04:25:13 pm
      It's still hard to believe last time liverpool won the league it was the old first division title. Been so many near misses. The one under benitez grates me the most cos it was to united by a couple of points when the majority of there wins that year were 1-0 fergie time goals. Under Rodgers again that year we scored over 100goals and City slipped in at last minute. I honestly think like fergie old team if we get one PL we will win more soon after. Its the F***ing first one is becoming a pain in the arse to win. Burnley if they go out with a positive attitude they could get a result. I hope its not like other teams play a weakened side and sit back and give up before it starts. I hope they kick F***ing lumps out of city too. City will do Anything to win watch fernardinho and kompany get away with everything while a gust of wind and sane and sterling will go over in the box if things are going against them. First we take care of Huddersfield even 1-0do me fine.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #258: Apr 26, 2019 04:54:42 pm
      I had a dream Burnley drew against City so Iā€™m gonna just take that as Iā€™m psychic and itā€™s fact.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #259: Apr 26, 2019 06:18:17 pm
      What about that wee f**ker sterling at his awards ceremony saying no wants wants to see lfc win the league and City are hoping to do the football World a favour. There the team that turned you into a proper player and gave you the opportunity to showcase your skill. I'm beginning to hate shitty more that united

Grrrr fake internet rage.He actually praised Gerrard and made a little one liner that got a laugh.https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/raheem-sterling-wins-integrity-and-impact-award-bt-sport-industry-steven-gerrard-inspiration-a8887131.html.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #260: Apr 26, 2019 06:19:50 pm
      I had a dream Burnley drew against City so Iā€™m gonna just take that as Iā€™m psychic and itā€™s fact.

F**k it, works for me  :laugh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #261: Apr 26, 2019 06:32:10 pm

That makes sense, I really would have been surprised if he had slagged us off like that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #262: Apr 26, 2019 07:01:37 pm
      Games have to be actually played, looking at fixtures on paper means nothing. That's why we have to go and do the business against Huddersfield today and then see what happens. Take care of our business, City can still have a slip.

(See what I did there).
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #263: Apr 27, 2019 01:48:43 am
      That makes sense, I really would have been surprised if he had slagged us off like that.

"...you get the Liverpool players on top of yer..yer don't want that..I don't want that..don't think anyone wants that.."

Sterling was referring to the title race. Wasn't the most sporting comment but we have to remember he is still young and he was being a bit tongue in cheek. Nothing more than that.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #264: Apr 27, 2019 06:43:21 am
      It just makes want to believe, similar to 13-14, when we had the upper hand, 3 games to go, we fu**ed it up. Know that city is a different beast altogether, but football is funny little game. One more final twist. This all.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #265: Apr 27, 2019 01:23:08 pm

He just has to wait. Karma is waiting to get him Just watch.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #266: Apr 27, 2019 01:41:51 pm

Little tw*t.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #267: Apr 27, 2019 02:14:24 pm
      Gotta say it's refreshing to see people being optimistic about the three games left. All my optimism got crushed by Spuds and scum.
      Let's see how things pan out but one thing is for sure.
      the boss and the team has done us proud. We need to keep the boss nomatter what.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #268: Apr 27, 2019 02:27:30 pm
      The title race is well and truly over if football was played on paper. But football is not played on paper.

Who could see Spurs getting hammered at home today? Zero points! Not even one point. The team in claret took the points. I think we all like that.

See whatever you want and draw whatever you like on paper. In football things can change in an instance. Thank God there's fantasy in football and not just paper and realism. There's still hope.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #269: Apr 27, 2019 02:36:32 pm
      Gotta say it's refreshing to see people being optimistic about the three games left. All my optimism got crushed by Spuds and scum.
      Let's see how things pan out but one thing is for sure.
      the boss and the team has done us proud. We need to keep the boss nomatter what.

I know what you mean but thinking about it logically Burnley away is probably a tougher match than Utd away or Spurs at home(on current form), plus Burnley drew against Citeh last year in the run in, so lightening striking twice please.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #270: Apr 27, 2019 02:39:03 pm
      The title race is well and truly over if football was played on paper. But football is not played on paper.

Who could see Spurs getting hammered at home today? Zero points! Not even one point. The team in claret took the points. I think we all like that.

See whatever you want and draw whatever you like on paper. In football things can change in an instance. Thank God there's fantasy in football and not just paper and realism. There's still hope.

Fully agree, an example is the 10 minutes yesterday after we scored we looked shaky and if Huddersfield had nicked a goal the jitters might have crept in a bit. Same with Burnley, if they can rough Citeh up a bit and disrupt their normal game then they have the tools to score and win or draw this game. It all depends how motivated they are, but I expect them to be at home, they love beating top 6 clubs.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #271: Apr 27, 2019 03:02:30 pm
      I'd like to reemphasise - one red card, one penalty, one injury, or one s**p could rewrite whatever is written on paper.

Yes chances are slim but there's one reason why most of us remain in the stands till the final whistle. The expectation that some magic will happen and to make a statement that we're with the team till the end.

We're probably in "injury time" now. Stay or head for the exits? To each his own.

Note: you can still turn back if you're just three steps out of the stands. If you're along Walton Breck Road, too late. You've left too early and you're too far to return to the stands. Head for the Arkles perhaps to celebrate.

Walk on, with...
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #272: Apr 27, 2019 04:27:54 pm
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #273: Apr 27, 2019 07:39:03 pm
      Well Cardiff losing today and Brighton drawing means Brighton are just about safe so have nothing for them on man city game. We need leicester or Burnley now or our last hope. We still have two difficult fixtures away to Newcastle just couple days after running around the nou camp and wolves who won again and are fighting to qualify for Europe.  Hopefully Bobby back Wednesday night. Com on redmen.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Re: The Title run in - 1 down 2 to go.
      Reply #274: Apr 27, 2019 08:48:58 pm
      Well Cardiff losing today and Brighton drawing means Brighton are just about safe so have nothing for them on man city game. We need leicester or Burnley now or our last hope. We still have two difficult fixtures away to Newcastle just couple days after running around the nou camp and wolves who won again and are fighting to qualify for Europe.  Hopefully Bobby back Wednesday night. Com on redmen.

They still need 2 points though right to be ā€œtotally safeā€ ?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: The Title run in - 1 down 2 to go.
      Reply #275: Apr 27, 2019 09:06:09 pm
      The last few weeks Iā€™ve let go of the nervousness and anxiousness of the title race and just watched this amazing team play football.

If we donā€™t get it we donā€™t get it. Weā€™re still F***ing class though

Quick Reply