Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Title run in -3 down, all games played:

Read 32411 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: The Title run in - 1 down 2 to go.
      Reply #391: Apr 28, 2019 07:10:31 pm
      I cant believe it. I was thinking start of season 85/87 points wins league. To think we probably finish 97 points one loss and still not win a first Premier league. No one would have believed. Its incredible. I wish those Arabs would just F**k off back to there camels.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #392: Apr 28, 2019 07:23:08 pm
      I cant believe it. I was thinking start of season 85/87 points wins league. To think we probably finish 97 points one loss and still not win a first Premier league. No one would have believed. Its incredible. I wish those Arabs would just F**k off back to there camels.
      Steady on mate
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #393: Apr 28, 2019 07:31:44 pm
      The fat lady is getting ready to sing..

That's a terrible thing to call Brendan.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #394: Apr 28, 2019 07:33:57 pm
      To suggest burnley didn't try is absolute bollocks

Exactly what more were they supposed to do they are basically a Championship level side fighting not to get relegated every season. How Dyche keeps keeping them up is miraculous in itself.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #395: Apr 28, 2019 07:35:08 pm
      Exactly what more were they supposed to do they are basically a Championship level side fighting not to get relegated every season. How Dyche keeps keeping them up is miraculous in itself.

Yep - superb to be fair
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #396: Apr 28, 2019 07:38:01 pm
      Leicester not capable of frustrating City and won't be able to outplay them away from home.

We gave it 1 hell of a shot in fairness.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #397: Apr 28, 2019 08:33:48 pm
      To suggest burnley didn't try is absolute bollocks

This is not down to Burnley, it's down to us. we had it in our hands at Crimbo, but let it slip.
      All we can do is win our next two, and see where it takes us.
      But its not over
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2019 08:37:50 pm by redtiler »
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #398: Apr 28, 2019 08:41:44 pm
      I think we're only side who keeps been top at xmas but not winning it. I really can't see leicester winning as it's citys last game at home on a bnk holiday everyone off place be packed and every decision the fans be on top of ref every little decision. I'm. Just hoping for a miracle but. That result today has sickened me. Of to bed.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,268 posts | 1394 
      Reply #399: Apr 28, 2019 08:53:39 pm
      Burnley were a tad better than mediocre. Many thought playing without pressure would help them.It did not.Look at the effort they put in to get that 2-2 draw at Chelsea. Worked their butts off till the final whistle. We didn't see that today.

Leicester are a long shot away to City. They have pace we know. Reasonable defence. They took a point off us at Anfield and they beat City 2-1 at home this season. Obviously improved since Rodgers pitched up. He will make sure they give it a go.

Still in it. Two games to go. Massive stride forward from last season.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #400: Apr 28, 2019 08:57:48 pm
      Yes we been great this year been like that since klopp arrived. Sadly we have had no luck whatsoever so far. So near and so far so many times. Hope Bobby is fit for barca weds
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #401: Apr 28, 2019 09:05:00 pm
      But for man city this years prem league would be won by 20 odd points. I think that night that it snowed constantly at anfield slowed down our passing to such an extent the ball would hardly travel through the snow. That match should been called of that night. It totally disrupted our fast passing game that night and Leicester dug in. A decent night we would have won.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #402: Apr 28, 2019 09:11:23 pm
      Barney i think you’re talking to yourself mate
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #403: Apr 28, 2019 09:41:47 pm
      😂 😂 😂
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #404: Apr 28, 2019 09:49:04 pm
      This is not down to Burnley, it's down to us. we had it in our hands at Crimbo, but let it slip.
      All we can do is win our next two, and see where it takes us.
      But its not over

That period after xmas is what will cost us in the end but for us to end the season on 90 plus points is a good effort for the campaign as a whole.

Personally I cant see us beating Newcastle after what will be a killer game away to Barca at the Nou Camp.

Klopp has been ridiculously unlucky during his time here. He deserves some silverware to show for his time here, hopefully that comes soon because it is becoming a bit of a monkey on our backs.

Get past Barca though and we have another shot at a huge trophy, perhaps the biggest of the lot.

Still loads to play for and although we're disappointed at the moment we need to realise we are in a very good position. CL semi finals and title challenges was unthinkable not so long ago, it's now becoming the norm.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #405: Apr 28, 2019 09:54:20 pm
      We just can't get that first title only a league cup in last 13seasons.We have deserved so so much more. That's what's killing me and now. Might miss out again by tiniest of margins. I think if big crouch had been fit today with them burnley free kicks been able to throw him on might been different.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #406: Apr 28, 2019 10:06:10 pm
      That period after xmas is what will cost us in the end but for us to end the season on 90 plus points is a good effort for the campaign as a whole.

Personally I cant see us beating Newcastle after what will be a killer game away to Barca at the Nou Camp.

Klopp has been ridiculously unlucky during his time here. He deserves some silverware to show for his time here, hopefully that comes soon because it is becoming a bit of a monkey on our backs.

Get past Barca though and we have another shot at a huge trophy, perhaps the biggest of the lot.

Still loads to play for and although we're disappointed at the moment we need to realise we are in a very good position. CL semi finals and title challenges was unthinkable not so long ago, it's now becoming the norm.

Good? The best ever premier league season in our history - I call that f**king unbelievable.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,127 posts | 127 
      Reply #407: Apr 28, 2019 10:28:33 pm

Nice one mate, but I hate to think that we are releying on other teams.
      This has been a learning curve, 'again' , but I trust that he'll get this right. If we manage to win the CL, this will be the best season ever
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #408: Apr 28, 2019 10:46:54 pm
      I see guardiola trying to influence the ref complaining at full time. Turning into another fuckn fefgie
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #409: Apr 28, 2019 11:07:05 pm
      I see guardiola trying to influence the ref complaining at full time. Turning into another fuckn fefgie

That's because he is running scared of what Jürgen Klopp has achieved at a far lesser cost than he has paid out for his shitty stars.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #410: Apr 28, 2019 11:46:51 pm

Serious, I mean does he know there’s not a word limit on a single post.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #411: Apr 29, 2019 12:35:11 am
      Serious, I mean does he know there’s not a word limit on a single post.

Aww I know the feeling, can't quit thinking about the tram, the past matches, the future matches...the possibilities. I'm glad we have a midweek game, for the obvious reason that we are in the Champions League semifinal, but also because it breaks up the wait for the next league match.

Have to say I have no worry at this point about fixture congestion or fatigue, and I have no fear about getting three points at Newcastle.

What City do is out of our hands, but I have full faith in Liverpool FC.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #412: Apr 29, 2019 04:22:23 am
      Breaks your heart

Looking at those cu*ts run ins they had

Crystal Palace
      Spuds
      Mancs
      Burnley and
      Leicester to come

All tough games and they f**king won every one of them, can't believe it, just f**king shattered and miserable. Not one of those c**t teams had the balls to take it up to City. Looks like we are the only Team in the league not afraid of them.

All we can hope is that Vardy continues his stunning form, he now has 10 goals in his last 9 matches. Let's hope he has 13 or 14 by the end of the 10th match.

For me it really is the last chance as no way Brighton are getting anything off them on the final day.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #413: Apr 29, 2019 04:56:40 am
      I agree with the people saying the title race is not over / still on but from a realistic point of view I do not see City not winning any of their upcoming games. So, is it over? Nope. Is it likely we'll win it? I think not really, no.

That being said, I still think this has been a fantastic season, no matter hwat happens in the upcoming days. I really hope it comes to a happy closure for us, but I feel like this whole thing has been quite historic anyway. We are back as a major force in the EPL and Europe, and seem like we will be there for the upcoming years. So I'm happy. Gotta enjoy the ride, or what's even the point of it all?

Still hoping, though :)

Quick Reply