Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Mobile phone...advice please...

Read 15345 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Mobile phone...advice please...
      Reply #23: May 09, 2009 04:48:08 pm
      So is the iphone the only one out there where internet is included in the contract and you get charged extra on the others out there?
      Depends what deal and monthly tariff you go for. I've got a Sony W960, (touch screen, just been repaired) 24 month contract £30 a month and I get the internet free, so no, Free internet is not exclusive to the iPhone, but that 'phone, (iPhone not W960) is the best from what I have seen for internet, (I do not think Sopcast would work ;) ), but you will not get much in the way of Texts and call minutes and you may need to put some money down first too.

Cheapest today is £29.38 a month / 18 months http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphoneindex
      75 mins   125 texts
      Unlimited Web.

So not that great if you text/call alot.

Best advice is go to town and have a good look around. Get the brochures, and take your time. Ask to have a look at your friends/family, ask them what they like and don't.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: Mobile phone...advice please...
      Reply #24: May 09, 2009 07:56:14 pm
      My mate told me about this yesterday funnily enough, Carephone Warehouse doing a deal where you get a free gift with a contract phone.  He got a PS3 free with his phone.  My bro ordered a Samsung J700 earlier, its £35 a month mind but he's getting a laptop free with his.  The gifts are subject to availibility as his first choice was a PS3 but I thought it was a cracking deal. 

I myself am waiting until my 18 month contract comes to an end with O2 in October.  I'm sick to death of my Nokia N95 which at this current moment in time has a battery life of about 2 minutes and has cellotape wrapped round it. Hope this free gift malarky with Carephone Warehouse is still around in 5 months time.  Here is a link to it if anybody's interested.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/pay-monthly/free-gifts

Quick Reply