Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Barcelona?

Alisson
      31 (18.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      30 (17.6%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (1.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.2%)
       Fabinho
      24 (14.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      9 (5.3%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      32 (18.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      29 (17.1%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Voting closed: May 11, 2019 09:55:29 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 72115 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 : In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: May 07, 2019 11:08:15 pm
      Like a lot of you guys I'm still trying to get my head around what we have all witnessed,  but what I do understand is that we are the only club on the planet that can come back from a 3-0 deficit,

We have done it twice now in this particular competition against arguably two of the best sides European football has seen.

Football clubs all over Europe if not the world will quake in their boots if they draw us in any competition now,

Thats the power we have, Thats the aura we have, and i doubt there won't be world class players anywhere on the planet that won't want to play for Liverpool FC & Jürgen Klopp.

YNWA
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #714: May 07, 2019 11:08:29 pm

;D had to post this
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #715: May 07, 2019 11:09:01 pm
      Incredible result, in the final again !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #716: May 07, 2019 11:09:23 pm
      Feeling a bit forlorn tonight. Always thought we could turn this around seeing the chances we missed in the first leg. Thought we'd create as much at home but hopefully slot them all..
      With the revamped line up, we are clearly not as dynamic up top, just hoping the lads can make a name for themselves and become a part of Liverpool folklore.
      Praying my arse off now.  COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN,
      Flatten the cheating b***ard Messi to start with, then sort out gnasher. Give them some of their own treatment.

Not feeling quite as forlorn now, and yes, them lads will go down in Liverpool folklore 😁

What an incredible Performance from everyone. Yeah Barca had their couple of chances, but we were up to it. When they piled it on a bit at 4:0 they never had a clear cut chance.
      Best club side in the world ?
      Just been slowly and painfully dissected by the mighty reds. So who’s top of the pile now Suarez, dirty cheating b***ard, Coutinho, gone backwards since leaving us, Messi, I’m brilliant if you give me space, so dont get to close to me so I can show you.
      Trent’s corner was pure genius, our finishing was bang on, our tackling, tuning, pressing, covering for each other. Just amazing all over the pitch. I hope I do, but something tells me I won’t see the like of this again in my lifetime. That’s how incredible that performance was.
      Gone for Fab for motm, because he never stopped driving the tackles in, even after the yellow. Brave brave player, just oozing class !
      Everyone lucky enough to be there tonight, well done, the crowd were incredible once again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #717: May 07, 2019 11:09:55 pm
      I thought I would go into this game calm, knowing that the chances are we would be going out. 1 second in, that was out the window.

Barca might feel hard done by and unlucky, but in truth, they were lucky to even be going into the 2nd leg with the chance they had to progress. If we had taken our chances in the 1st leg, we'd have pretty much wrapped it up and been in full control. The amount of chances we created at their place, it was clear we'd have created more tonight, regardless of the score from the first leg. We've been rock solid this season defensively at home, if we had come into this game with Barca needing a couple of goals, I really don't think they would have gotten them. The chances they got tonight were only created because of how much we had to get forward and go for it and the amount of goals and chances they got in the 1st leg only happened because of how much we were pushing for a goal and got caught on the break. When we went 4-0 up tonight and packed the defence, they didn't come close to creating anything dangerous, in fact we came closer to scoring a 5th than they got to our goal.

We got 4 goals on aggregate but it could quite easily have been 7 or 8.

The 1st leg score flattered them. Could tell they were bricking it because at one point, Suarez was literally the only player hassling and trying to close us down in our half and he turned around waving his arms about having a go at his team for nobody else doing it.

As for Coutinho, he was sh*te wasn't he, love it! Didn't even realise he got taken off because I forgot he was on the pitch.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #718: May 07, 2019 11:10:40 pm
      I don't know if you lads thought this was better than the Instanbul experience but it felt like it even though it was only the semi final. The fans were amazing and can only say what a achievement. The impossible was done tonite so well done to my scouse mates.  :)

From a Man U fan that must hurt but cheers Keith!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,367 posts | 1415 
      Reply #719: May 07, 2019 11:11:24 pm
      Ajax for me. Spurs annoying bunch..besides my Daughter in Law is Dutch and Loves Liverpool but is an Ajax fan as well so plenty of interest if it's Ajax.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #720: May 07, 2019 11:11:39 pm
      Excellent game. I'm quite shocked we won.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #721: May 07, 2019 11:13:12 pm
      Life is weird on Sunday night my neighbour collapsed and I ended up doing CPR for 20 mins trying to keep him going but it wasn't to be and he sadly passed away it was a terrible experience very stressful. Tonight was just incredibly stressful but so life affirming if you don't feel totally buzzed by that then what is the point. I know they like to put us through the mill at times but tonight all the suffering is forgotten and I feel drunk without having touched a drop. What a night ,what a team, what a manager and what a club.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,315 posts | 769 
      Reply #722: May 07, 2019 11:14:44 pm
      Brilliant team, brilliant result, roll on the final !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #723: May 07, 2019 11:14:46 pm

That's because you're a shithouse.

I've seen loads of posts slating Origi over the course of this season but anybody who can find fault in his professionalism needs a serious rethink.

The lad was an international.  He could have pissed off but he's effectively sent the title race to the last day and sent us to the Champions League final.  Deserves a shedload of respect IMO.
      +18
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #724: May 07, 2019 11:14:56 pm
      Best team in the world, without a doubt.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #725: May 07, 2019 11:16:20 pm
      Life is weird on Sunday night my neighbour collapsed and I ended up doing CPR for 20 mins trying to keep him going but it wasn't to be and he sadly passed away it was a terrible experience very stressful. Tonight was just incredibly stressful but so life affirming if you don't feel totally buzzed by that then what is the point.

It's been a horrific 'season' for me mate.

These are the things that make you feel, and appreciate, being alive.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #726: May 07, 2019 11:16:26 pm

Hi Rib, haaaaaaave you met Liverpool?

This is what we F***ing do.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,180 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #727: May 07, 2019 11:16:46 pm
      From a Man U fan that must hurt but cheers Keith!

Some great lads on here that fully deserve, could name atleast 20
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,483 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #728: May 07, 2019 11:18:41 pm
      Don't mind admitting a tear.in my eye and kissing my dear old dad
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,130 posts | 127 
      Reply #729: May 07, 2019 11:21:07 pm
      How do you post a MOM in this game?. that is totally unfair, Allison was immense as was everyone, but as far as that Trent nicks it for his invention
      DanMann

• 5,789 posts | 892 
      Reply #730: May 07, 2019 11:21:43 pm
      Barca's 6-1 over PSG runs this close but I think when you consider the fact we were missing 3 first team players, had the sucker punch of last night to deal with and didn't need the help of the referee this is probably the greatest comeback in a two legged tie.

But Barcelona had the benefit of some seriously questionable decisions from the officials that night.

We had none. No penalties. Nothing unjust.. just pure quality football. The best comeback of all.

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #731: May 07, 2019 11:21:49 pm

Would love to do just that, my old man died back in '88 and was a Manc through and through!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #732: May 07, 2019 11:22:19 pm
      I gave my MOTM to Hendo. I thought he was sensational. I'd say he ran 25 miles! But could be anybody.

I love this F***ing club!!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #733: May 07, 2019 11:25:12 pm

No Hendo there because that c**t Des Kelly kept him back from celebrating :(

Redangel

• 8,383 posts | 1022 
      Reply #734: May 07, 2019 11:25:51 pm
      I really don’t know if I’ll sleep tonight, just so elated and just want to keep this moment alive, so may just stay up all night to devour every bit of news. What a night, what a team, what a season, we are simply the best, better than all the rest!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,628 posts | 7146 
      Reply #735: May 07, 2019 11:26:11 pm

my Dad died in 96 but I know he cheered out loud with every goal tonight his grave in Stanley Park Cemetery looks right on to the ground.I miss him on nights like this he was a mental Red. The more I see Jürgen say "this means more" the more it resonates

Quick Reply