Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Mohamed Salah
      (9.6%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      (3.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      (5.8%)
      Jarell Quansah
      (5.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      (13.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      (5.8%)
      Harvey Elliott
      (51.9%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      (1.9%)
      Darwin Núñez
      (1.9%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      (0%)

Voting closes: May 09, 2024 06:25:58 pm

Liverpool 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 1368 times
      tezmac, DanMann, TheleftpegofRayKennedy, IrishRed_IO, shawspeed and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,893 posts | 421 
      Re: Liverpool 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Yesterday at 11:02:06 pm
      Was to be expected when the pressure subsided we would play with a lot more precision.

Still too end to end for my liking but it's the end of the season now and we couldn't be bothered controlling games when it mattered so we ain't starting now!

Entertaining game. But a snap shot of why we're in May and  neither of these 2 sides are chasing trophies.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,187 posts | 165 
      Reply #254: Today at 06:28:18 am
      I can't bother watching us any more. Am I the only one?

If we lose, I get upset. If we win, I'm frustrated. We were so close to making this season special. Now, there's nothing to lose and nothing to win. The only question that remains is who is good enough to stay till last season. I would be worried about Nunez.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,819 posts | 6763 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #255: Today at 07:27:12 am
      Thank F**k Ange was dumb enough to leave Richarlison, that c**t on the bench. Sure was on a mission. Only tries to play 2 good games a season, against us, the f**ker!!

Thank F**k we were 4-0 when the boss decided to make those changes. Total momentum lost, till we got it back, then our "2 Best assets" up forward inexplicably failed to finish. Could have F***ing had 8!

And that's what gets me the most. In every single game we have played this season, we have created so many shots and had so many shots on target, yet fail to convert so many of them.

This really could have been a Season where we won every single game by playing the style of, we just keep scoring more then the oppo.

Just fail to finish our chances. Gut wrenching.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,600 posts | 745 
      Reply #256: Today at 08:32:35 am
      Because tactically we don't change to how the opposition plays and we're not a defensive team. It's been high line from day dot, doesn't matter if it's against Havertz, Haaland, Jackson, Richarlison or whoever. Richarlison's strength is peeling off the back off the defender but we play the way we do back there regardless. All teams that play a high line will give up chances, all you need is a willing runner or 2 up top.

This is fair. I do get what you're saying. But he was in MILES of space when the cross came in. i feel our CB's were asleep. They weren't even remotely close to him when he scored. It looks like something you'd see if a team was caught on the break. But it was a thru ball to Johnson. I supposed Gomez could have done better, but after that no CB was anywhere near.

Quick Reply