Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Tactics geeks of the world unite...

Read 152873 times
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Re: Tactics geeks of the world unite...
      Reply #1058: Apr 25, 2024 11:29:11 am
      Reading a bit about him above and if he wants to translate what he has done in Eredivise I think he'll need at least on CM to work in his double pivot and then move MacAllister as his 10, a position he feels is his best.

Trent would either have to play in the double pivot, not convinced he would succeed here myself, or move back to the more traditional full back we seem in the title season and either side of that.

Need another proper striker as Jota is prone to spells out and Nunez ain't up to it I'm afraid.

We have the bulk of a squad he could work with with tweaking as I, along with others on here, feel the bulk of this squad now is more suited to 4 2 3 1 than what we are currently trying to do.

Interesting posts, mate, thank you.

If I understand it right, the Slot method is similar to JKs but with the extra insurance of the 2nd DM in the double pivot. 
      Another thing stands out, and that’s (in agreement with your observation) we need a few more players who’s game intelligence is a few notches above a few of our existing lads (plus their pace).

If we go with Slot, and I like what I’ve read and heard, recruitment must be on a level with that in the early Klopp years. Players whose attributes fit the system, rather than players being made to operate in a system they don’t have the skillset or mindset to manage in-game, which is where I feel the current team is at.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024 11:34:30 am by TheleftpegofRayKennedy »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Reply #1059: Apr 25, 2024 11:35:16 am
      Interesting posts, mate, thank you.

If I understand it right, the Slot method is similar to JKs but with the extra insurance of the 2nd DM in the double pivot. 
      Another thing stands out, and that’s (in agreement with your observation) we need a few more players who’s game intelligence is a few notches above a few of our existing lads (plus their pace).

If we go with Slot, and I like what I’ve read and heard, recruitment must be on a level with that in the early Klopp years. Players whose attributes fit the system, rather than players being made to operate in a system they don’t have the skillset or mindset to manage in-game, which I where I feel the current team is at.

Yea it sounds like more like Jürgen played at Dortmund and correct me if I'm wrong he played 4 2 3 1 before he came to us.

Saying that Slot wild have to have a certain amount of flexibility as well but as we know most coaches find a system them like and use it for the most part.

We definitely have a good base to start from though.

Allison

Trent     Konate     Virgil     Robertson

New CM      Endo

New RF       MacAllister       New LF

New CF

Not saying Virgil, Konate, Endo etc would be nailed on but just to give an idea. Virgil I'm particular is one who's escaped a bit of criticism recently based on who he is more then his form I think. But we can't change 8/9 stating players in one summer.

Who knows he could come in and see Elliot as someone who he could mould into his double pivot CM role. Harvey doesn't have the pace to play in the front line and already is more if a midfielder than you would have thought he was when he first broke through.

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024 11:43:06 am by srslfc »
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #1060: Apr 25, 2024 11:41:23 am
      Yea it sounds like more like Jürgen played at Dortmund and correct me if I'm wrong he played 4 2 3 1 before he came to us.

Saying that Slot wild have to have a certain amount of flexibility as well but as we know most coaches find a system them like and use it for the most part.

Allison

New CM      Endo

New CF

Not saying Virgil, Konate, Endo etc would be nailed on but just to give an idea. Virgil I'm particular is one who's escaped a bit of criticism recently based on who he is more then his form I think. But we can't change 8/9 stating players in one summer.

Who knows he could come in and see Elliot as someone who he could mould into his double pivot CM role. Harvey doesn't have the pace to play in the front line and already is more if a midfielder than you would have thought he was when he first bribe through.

I like that idea (Harvey) as his energy and press would be an asset there, although it would give us a midfield thats very small in stature!

Where would you see Gravenberch and Gakpo fitting in?  I like Gakpo wide left, his preferred position. Wonder if Grav might be able to transition to be one of the pivot players?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Reply #1061: Apr 25, 2024 11:45:14 am
      I like that idea (Harvey) as his energy and press would be an asset there, although it would give us a midfield thats very small in stature!

Where would you see Gravenberch and Gakpo fitting in?  I like Gakpo wide left, his preferred position. Wonder if Grav might be able to transition to be one of the pivot players?

Gakpo will be on who could play left or 10 I think. He's not an easy player to find a spot for I feel. Lack of that burst of pace Diaz has makes him not totally ideal in a 4 2 3 1 for me.

Gravenberch is a conundrum as well to be fair. Hard to pigeon hole as well and has that  look of a player who would want to play the 10 but MacAllister is a far more talented footballer and also our best player this season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #1062: Apr 25, 2024 11:45:14 am

Gakpo definitely that left role , Gravenburch as one of the three mids that can be used in a double 6 role
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #1063: Apr 25, 2024 12:25:14 pm
      Gakpo definitely that left role , Gravenburch as one of the three mids that can be used in a double 6 role

I see Quansah as a no.6/DCM. I think he could do for us what Stones has in midfield for City lately.  Leaves a need for new blood at Centre back, but that need was there anyway given the Matip situation and Konate’s propensity to miss games with niggles.
      Also, I’d consider Trent in the 10, which would see Mac as 2nd choice there or as one of the two pivots. Not sure if Trent’s talents are best used from deep anymore as his defensive efforts seem half-hearted lately.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1064: Apr 30, 2024 10:47:54 am

Allison

New CM      Endo

New CF

Who knows he could come in and see Elliot as someone who he could mould into his double pivot CM role. Harvey doesn't have the pace to play in the front line and already is more if a midfielder than you would have thought he was when he first broke through.

I think using current players in the 4-2-3-1 probably shows the positions that need reinforcing.

Alisson
      Trent
      Robbo
      Konaté
      Virgil
      Bajcetic
      Gravenberch
      Mac Allister
      Salah
      Szoboszlai
      Darwin

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1065: Apr 30, 2024 11:04:04 am
      One mad tactic Id love to see us try, might be a bit far fetched but here it is

Keep a clean sheet every now and then, the more the better
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,590 posts | 741 
      Reply #1066: Apr 30, 2024 02:03:21 pm

Allison

New CM      Endo

New CF

We are 3rd in the league. why do we need a new cf, and a new lw and rw??  :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1067: Apr 30, 2024 02:09:09 pm
      We are 3rd in the league. why do we need a new cf, and a new lw and rw??  :lmao:

Could it be that we haven’t been able to barely muster an open in the last 6 weeks and some people think first in the league is better than 3rd. Just guessing 😂
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,590 posts | 741 
      Reply #1068: Apr 30, 2024 04:33:44 pm
      Could it be that we haven’t been able to barely muster an open in the last 6 weeks and some people think first in the league is better than 3rd. Just guessing 😂

We scored 17 goals in the last 6 weeks in all comps  :lmao:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #1069: Apr 30, 2024 04:43:45 pm
      We scored 17 goals in the last 6 weeks in all comps  :lmao:

So nothing to worry about all rosy having been kicked out of the FA Cup, Europa Cup and the League - you ok mate?

You do know drugs can seriously impair thinking 😂

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,590 posts | 741 
      Reply #1070: Apr 30, 2024 05:00:22 pm
      So nothing to worry about all rosy having been kicked out of the FA Cup, Europa Cup and the League - you ok mate?

You mean not winning a quadruple like every single other team in the history of football?

Wow shocking.Let me clutch my pearls.

If you think not winning the league, finishing 3rd, and only having 4 league defeats (should be 3), after finishing 6th last season, means we need an ENTIRE new forward line. Then I think the drug you're on are way strong than whatever you think i'm on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,275 posts | 4937 
      Reply #1071: Apr 30, 2024 06:55:34 pm

Maybe should have had ?? at some of them.

But still the points above about the quality of some of our starting front three means we still possibly on the look out to improve there

Salah looking now like he'll extend takes one of those away by question marks remain over Nunez and Diaz for me
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,951 posts | 5010 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1072: Apr 30, 2024 09:12:06 pm

In a word mate their not good enough, sorry but their not, Mane was, Bobby was, Gini was, and of course Hendo, we have not replaced any of those high quality individuals, and that’s the key word here, QUALITY, where the likes of City shop at Fortnum & Mason’s, we shop at M&S,

The players we have are good players but their not top drawer, Macca being the exception, we need to upgrade if we are to maintain a title challenge against the likes of City and Arsenal, and that will cost us in a big way, can’t see FSG Spunking the kind of dollar it will take, so do we cash in on Mo to help fund the quality we need ??

YNWA
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #1073: Yesterday at 09:40:49 pm
      City shop at Fortnum & Mason’s, we shop at M&S,

I don't think it's just about where you shop Billy. It's more about picking the right goods.  Would Diaz or Nunez get in a City first 11 ?

Probably not. Well not on the form their showing at the mo. Or could it just be down to the quality of the coaching ?  Now there's a thought !
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,590 posts | 741 
      Reply #1074: Yesterday at 10:11:10 pm
      I don't think it's just about where you shop Billy. It's more about picking the right goods.  Would Diaz or Nunez get in a City first 11 ?

This footballing cliche is my top 3 biggest footballing pet peeves.

This isn't how football works, this isn't how life works.

I mean, just 2 weeks ago people were saying Haaland is a league 2 player.

Would Trossard or Havetz get in the city side? Yet Arsenal are top.

We don't play city every week, so why does it matter?

Would Dortmunds fwds get in the PSG side? no. But they just beat them anyways.

It's an empty statement

Quick Reply