Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Mohamed Salah
      (8.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      (0%)
      Wataru Endo
      (3.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      (5.4%)
      Jarell Quansah
      (5.4%)
      Andy Robertson
      (12.5%)
      Cody Gakpo
      (10.7%)
      Harvey Elliott
      (50%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      (0%)
      Luis Diaz
      (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      (1.8%)
      Darwin NĆŗƱez
      (1.8%)
      Stefan Bajcetic
      (0%)

Voting closes: May 09, 2024 06:25:58 pm

Liverpool 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 1482 times
      Aldo the best, Longy-Shops, sore monad, shawspeed, billythered, Gill95, HScRed1, red trooper and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,893 posts | 421 
      Re: Liverpool 4-2 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Yesterday at 11:02:06 pm
      Was to be expected when the pressure subsided we would play with a lot more precision.

Still too end to end for my liking but it's the end of the season now and we couldn't be bothered controlling games when it mattered so we ain't starting now!

Entertaining game. But a snap shot of why we're in May and  neither of these 2 sides are chasing trophies.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,187 posts | 165 
      Reply #254: Today at 06:28:18 am
      I can't bother watching us any more. Am I the only one?

If we lose, I get upset. If we win, I'm frustrated. We were so close to making this season special. Now, there's nothing to lose and nothing to win. The only question that remains is who is good enough to stay till last season. I would be worried about Nunez.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,821 posts | 6767 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #255: Today at 07:27:12 am
      Thank F**k Ange was dumb enough to leave Richarlison, that c**t on the bench. Sure was on a mission. Only tries to play 2 good games a season, against us, the f**ker!!

Thank F**k we were 4-0 when the boss decided to make those changes. Total momentum lost, till we got it back, then our "2 Best assets" up forward inexplicably failed to finish. Could have F***ing had 8!

And that's what gets me the most. In every single game we have played this season, we have created so many shots and had so many shots on target, yet fail to convert so many of them.

This really could have been a Season where we won every single game by playing the style of, we just keep scoring more then the oppo.

Just fail to finish our chances. Gut wrenching.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,600 posts | 745 
      Reply #256: Today at 08:32:35 am
      Because tactically we don't change to how the opposition plays and we're not a defensive team. It's been high line from day dot, doesn't matter if it's against Havertz, Haaland, Jackson, Richarlison or whoever. Richarlison's strength is peeling off the back off the defender but we play the way we do back there regardless. All teams that play a high line will give up chances, all you need is a willing runner or 2 up top.

This is fair. I do get what you're saying. But he was in MILES of space when the cross came in. i feel our CB's were asleep. They weren't even remotely close to him when he scored. It looks like something you'd see if a team was caught on the break. But it was a thru ball to Johnson. I supposed Gomez could have done better, but after that no CB was anywhere near.

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,850 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #257: Today at 09:55:41 am
      Good performance yesterday for the best part of the game , went Gakpo for MOTM, really played himself into this team lately and looking a player ! Well take goal from Mo ,though he missed a few chances that he ought to put away , good to see Bacjetic back from injury ,hopefully he can get decent game time next season alongside Mac and Szobo , Harvey goal was exceptional ,why he doesn't play for the England team I don't get it 
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,307 posts | 768 
      Reply #258: Today at 10:39:16 am
      Looked a very decent game watching the highlights on MotD last night. A really good goal from Harvey as mentioned. Not suprisingly conceded a couple of goals. Pity this performance was not replicated in the last few games.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,098 posts | 3446 
      Reply #259: Today at 10:48:39 am
      I can't bother watching us any more. Am I the only one?

If we lose, I get upset. If we win, I'm frustrated. We were so close to making this season special. Now, there's nothing to lose and nothing to win. The only question that remains is who is good enough to stay till last season. I would be worried about Nunez.

Not much of a fan if you ā€œcanā€™t be botheredā€ to watch us
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #260: Today at 10:51:58 am
      Was made up with the performance yesterday the only aspect that failed to please was taking their foot off the pedal and allowing the spuds to score twice, especially that ex-bitter Richarlson.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,307 posts | 768 
      Reply #261: Today at 10:54:28 am
      Thank F**k Ange was dumb enough to leave Richarlison, that c**t on the bench. Sure was on a mission. Only tries to play 2 good games a season, against us, the f**ker!!

Thank F**k we were 4-0 when the boss decided to make those changes. Total momentum lost, till we got it back, then our "2 Best assets" up forward inexplicably failed to finish. Could have F***ing had 8!

And that's what gets me the most. In every single game we have played this season, we have created so many shots and had so many shots on target, yet fail to convert so many of them.

This really could have been a Season where we won every single game by playing the style of, we just keep scoring more then the oppo.

Just fail to finish our chances. Gut wrenching.

Very frustrating at times, to say the least. Go and enjoy a few bevvies "
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,954 posts | 5012 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #262: Today at 12:01:42 pm
      Excellent first half, ironically probably one of our best all season, Harvey was excellent deserved Man of the Match(no women involved), as too was Gakpo and Mo Salah must of had a ā€˜Heartā€™ transplant during the week, he was a different player from what weā€™ve seen of late, back to his devastating best(almost),
      Trent showing what weā€™ve been missing and again one of his best performances of this season,

They all had a good game up until the subs, then we stopped playing, they exploited our lack of concentration and the worst Brazilian since Stevie Wonder shaved his wifeā€™s Fanny slotted one in, followed by the Dog Eater, but we could have had seven (again) had we taken our chances,

You can only play whoā€™s in front of you and that Spuds side wasnā€™t the best, one thing is abundantly clear though, we do really really need a injection of quality, as good as Elliot, Gakpo were and our other Mids, like Jones Szlobosal are, their not at the level yet that we need them to be, if Arne was watching heā€™d would have been rubbing his chin and looking up to the right,

Think we are sorted at the back but will need another two CBā€™s, one to replace Matip one for cover, and  a Robbo part two, Kostas isnā€™t good enough imo, great to see Stefan getting minutes and although you virtually see the rust fall off him, Iā€™d be very happy to see him nail the DM slot, and hold onto Endo as cover and his mentor, we have young Tyler Morton to come back in as well, this leads us onto the forwardsā€¦..and a massive decisionā€¦ā€¦

Do weā€¦.cash in on Mo during the summer ??ā€¦ā€¦.Iā€™m of the opinion we sellā€¦and fund the quality we so obviously need in central areasā€¦..and we will need to replace Moā€¦.with another 20-30 goal a season Strikerā€¦.Captain Chaos isnā€™t it(Nunez), but Iā€™d hold onto him, heā€™s young energetic and a pain in the f***in arse for defences, ā€¦.Ivan Toney wouldnā€™t be a bad shout for me, heā€™s experienced and I think will shine surrounded with better quality players, only my opinion but why not, promote young Danns from the ressies and thereā€™s your cover, Jota the Slotta we hope stays injury free,

Might need to find a replacement for Diaz, if a bid comes in for him heā€™ll go, and I think thatā€™s about it, get rid of some of the deadwood, promote from within and bring in 4/5 higher quality players and have another go at the cheating Kunts and Arse !!

YNWA

Quick Reply