Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Jürgen Norbert Klopp: Thank you. We love you XxXX

Read 4805 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,228 posts | 845 
      Re: Jürgen Norbert Klopp: Thank you. We love you XxXX
      Reply #115: Yesterday at 11:22:36 am
      To be honest, there are very few managers out there who has the same character and aura as Klopp.

he is a once in a lifetime manager and it will be hard to see a character like him at Liverpool for the foreseeable future.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,447 posts | 818 
      Reply #116: Yesterday at 11:27:03 am
      Wonder how Jürgen feels this morning a free man. It will feel strange for a while even more so when first day of training starts.
      Probably hung over....I expect sometime in the future he might reflect and think Did I make a mistake...should I have carried on?...everyone has doubts, especially of this magnitude, only him and him alone will be able to answer that. Whatever his future holds he'll never replicate what happened at our club.........We mean more.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,447 posts | 818 
      Reply #117: Yesterday at 11:28:27 am
      To be honest, there are very few managers out there who has the same character and aura as Klopp.

he is a once in a lifetime manager and it will be hard to see a character like him at Liverpool for the foreseeable future.
      I think you are stretching it with "A very Few"...I'd say none.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,504 posts | 3454 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #118: Yesterday at 11:55:21 am
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,204 posts | 2762 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,504 posts | 3454 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #120: Yesterday at 11:59:45 am
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,052 posts | 542 
      Reply #121: Yesterday at 12:15:15 pm
      I’ve been thinking this and agree. But the way I’m framing it is wow look at this man’s trophy haul and the context of who he has competed against.

This has been not just the toughest period in English history but European history look at the teams he has to contend with throughout his career. And he has won titles, cups, European trophies consistently.

He is one of the greats. All the more so because he is the antithesis to the way football has gone - without his attitude and hope and positivity in the face of a barrage of endless consistency, I think a lot more people would have turned off the footy.

The prem should be thanking him for keeping the league competitive over the last few years and ensuring the interest in their ‘product’ remains

Yep, without Klopp the last few years of the EPL would have been an absolute borefest, with City just having a procession to the title every year (only real exception being this year, when Arsenal have at least pushed them close).

The PL and FA should be grateful we had him. Instead, of course, they made it as difficult as they could for him, tolerating consistently biased officiating and ridiculous fixture scheduling.

But you're right, his positivity and enthusiasm carried him and us past all the obstacles and still brought success. And he's not bitter about the fact that he should have had more. Jürgen knows that the way you do something (whether it's play football or live) is more important than the official marks of status or success that you pick up along the way. I think that's what makes him special - he's one of the very few successful people out there who genuinely does understand this.

He's competitive and a winner, but when he says the journey is more important than the destination, he actually understands that it's true.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,928 posts | 444 
      Reply #122: Yesterday at 12:32:10 pm
      Nice way to end it yesterday. Klopp one of the biggest legends of the modern LFC era. I hope he enjoys his time off.

Won't be too long I suspect until our paths cross in some capacity. We might even come up against him one day soon.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #123: Yesterday at 12:36:04 pm
      One thing that jumped out at me yesterday was Jurgens interactions with the players parents, siblings and partners...the man was a treasure

Every happieness to him and his wonderful wife in the future..........special man
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,447 posts | 818 
      Reply #124: Yesterday at 12:44:43 pm
      He really is a bundle of Joy
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts | 137 
      Reply #125: Yesterday at 12:51:28 pm
      "We all dream of a team of Jürgen Klopps.!!"  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,100 posts | 2129 
      Reply #126: Yesterday at 09:36:51 pm
      Absolutely.
      There's people who say that City still have had the best team, manager and they've won those games on the pitch etc so the money is irrelevant. The eulogising over Guardiola is expected tbh.....
      It's true to a point but even if just a few of those 115 charges stick, I don't believe that the twice they beat us by just a solitary point it it wouldn't have made a difference.....

Sounds bitter and it is but that's the reality. The finest of margins are what's denied him at least two more league titles. He has a proud roll of honour from both Liverpool and Dortmund, but he deserved so much more. I don't think he'd trade any of his memories for more silverware though and just another testament to how amazing he is. We as fans have been lucky to have had him as the main man at the club we love.....

Part of his greatness lies in his humanity and his humanity was never better than when we lost a final. His ability to say the right things and do the right thing afterwards, scrubbing us down and then going again as such an extraordinary human trait that very few possess.

To lose as well as win is such a human experience and it's as if the joys and travails of life itself was distilled into those 8 and a half years he managed us. In an era where greed, corruption and banal / brainless simpletons dictate the media airwaves to have had someone and a club right at the very top portraying the human side made sure that we were a shining light in a darkly depraved sport.

Quick Reply