Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Is English officiating corrupt?

Read 62195 times
      lfc across the water and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Re: Is English officiating corrupt?
      Reply #1495: Apr 29, 2024 08:02:58 pm
      Areola mistakenly thought he had been awarded a free kick and threw/rolled the ball to give it a punt up field. But Taylor did not whistle for any free kick, nor did he signal that he recognised a foul had been committed and waved play the 'advantage'.

So in effect the ball was in play when Areola rolled it out. Most think it was Taylors fault but it was actually Areola who screwed up. Taylor just came to his rescue....unlawfully.

To cover up the fact that he prevented Cody from scoring, Taylor called on the physio. PGMOL won't take any action. Unfortunately the Salah row overshadowed Taylorgate.

As the teams were coming off Klopp had a little jokey pop ay Areola, probably said something like .."Ref saved you there"..

https://x.com/dalejohnsonespn/status/1784934093051883706?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1496: Apr 29, 2024 08:10:17 pm
      I'm still flabbergasted that this incident didn't cause more of a storm...not that it makes a difference now...but if the club doesn't demand an explanation then that just let's the ref off the hook..and therefore free to carry on making monumental mistakes.

Never been a season like it for Refs screw up. Dictating the outcome of our games 3/4 times. Integrity of this league has been compromised. Klopp will I think, eventually say what he really thinks of the standard of refereeing and whether he thinks there's any corruption or blatant deliberate bias against us.

Speculate on the title of his autobiography. 1. Homage to Liverpool...or...Cheats always Win.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,545 posts | 243 
      Reply #1497: Apr 29, 2024 08:39:59 pm
      We all know Taylor monumentally fu**ed up but why oh why has he not had to come out and explain wtf he was doing, where's the audio?, zero accountability and it's disgusting add in that if Cody had put the ball in he would have got a yellow no doubt. These men in black can get away with anything in their own bubble with nobody to answer to always a cover up, it would be nice to see a human side and admit you fu**ed up, I for one would respect that
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1498: Apr 29, 2024 08:51:54 pm
      Yes make the cheating bas**rds face the music after the game, shame on them all
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1499: Apr 30, 2024 02:07:16 pm
      Yes somebody within the PGMOL should come out and give some sort of explanation. Obviously they are still trying to deal with Taylor's performance in the Everton V Forest match. Taylor waved away 3 legit Forest penalty claims in that match.

His bizarre decision stopping play as Cody took possession defies belief. It's almost as if they can now do what the hell they like as they know the PGMOL will back them.

The Spurs match set the tone. Hardly any backlash, just move on. The Doku 'penalty'....nothing happens...Taylor stops play unlawfully...nothing happens. It's a complete and utter farce. VAR twiddling their thumbs. No wonder Klopp's had enough.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,883 posts | 421 
      Reply #1500: Apr 30, 2024 02:17:02 pm
      We all know Taylor monumentally fu**ed up but why oh why has he not had to come out and explain wtf he was doing, where's the audio?, zero accountability and it's disgusting add in that if Cody had put the ball in he would have got a yellow no doubt. These men in black can get away with anything in their own bubble with nobody to answer to always a cover up, it would be nice to see a human side and admit you fu**ed up, I for one would respect that

That audio will never be releases because what you will hear is Taylor making it up on the spot and covering up his actions. It would be damning. Will never see the light of day.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #1501: Apr 30, 2024 02:37:55 pm
      The club should be asking for an official explanation of that decision. Would put PGMOL on the spot because there is no legit explanation. They'd have to either try and carry on Taylor's bluff, which nobody would swallow, or admit yet another "mistake". Either way would draw attention it. We shouldn't just let them quietly move on.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #1502: Apr 30, 2024 03:31:36 pm
      The club should be asking for an official explanation of that decision. Would put PGMOL on the spot because there is no legit explanation. They'd have to either try and carry on Taylor's bluff, which nobody would swallow, or admit yet another "mistake". Either way would draw attention it. We shouldn't just let them quietly move on.

Agreed. The club should be making some kind of protest or ask for an explanation. Maybe the Boss did have a word with Taylor. But if he didn't or didn't get a satisfactory explanation they should be asking for clarification.

If only for the fans who actually traveled to the game and paid out so much. Seems to me the club aren't thinking of the fans here. We deserve an explanation. All of us...FUND FOOTBALL. In one way or another it is the fans who fund the game and we should be respected and given an explanation.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #1503: Apr 30, 2024 06:24:26 pm
      Webb apologising again for being a horrible ex-SYP shithouse!!

No of course not, he's just apologising for another VAR F**k up.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #1504: Apr 30, 2024 08:56:56 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton

I was winding up a little as you know we all do at times, makes the forum a better place. 😂

I originally thought he caught Elliott till I saw this angle, now I know he didn’t. Like I said I’ve seen them given and seen them not. One thing I’m certain of though regardless of the new rules this is a harsh penalty imo. #justsayin. 😊

Taylor the manc, gave us a penalty in your dump, how could he possibly do that, given his place of residence? Even the mancs didn't protest the decision on the field. I think that says everything.

At least you admit to being the forum wum. Thanks for confirming what we already know.

Quote from Harrisimo
      Well again you didn't need to "explain" why he resigned. And at this point we don't know if the controversy over VAR etc played a part. You don't know, I don't know. It's about opinions. But from time to time we all state the obvious but your tone is as if your teaching it.

Klopp gets plenty of plaudits. That really is a minor point, as if he's miffed over it. The "not succeeding" point is also a misnomer because he has succeeded. You seem to be taking minor points and over emphasising them to prove your case, when in point of fact you were only disputing my claim that VAR etc played a part in his decision, so all the rest was peripheral preaching on your part. Wasn't 7 years either.

We don't have to wait for a book. He told us why he left, those reasons are genuine. VAR was not mentioned once. Either you believe him or you don't. And if you don't, then you're on your own.

Quote from Longy-Shops
      It just feels like it's always against us, but it isn't. Spurs should have had a pen (If given it wouldn't have been overturned) just before Arsenal scored their second today....That not only would have changed the dynamics of that game, but the dynamics at the top of the table. No doubt we've had more than our fair share of bad calls, and for me yesterday's was as bad or worse than most, but VAR wasn't involved in yesterday's f*ck up, yet your broader point stands, VAR is, and will always be inconsistent. It's hard enough with one referee....having two (which is what VAR is), just makes getting the right call harder.

It's always against us apparantly.  :D This was just one game since Alisson's reckless actions would have given away a penalty, without Coote using the benefits of VAR to overturn it for offside. It's the only time during a LFC league game in 2024, that a ref has been instructed to change his decision by a VAR.

The ref on the day can blow his whistle for any reason he likes, which they usually do when players go down, injured or not. Gakpo didn't score because the whistle was blown before he got there. With the way things are going for us lately, he would probably have found another way to miss it.

The VAR had nothing to do with this incident, and when you can't even resort to blaming the VAR for it, then you know that more wild and unproven claims of corruption against LFC from officials, are very much in the far fetched territory.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1505: Apr 30, 2024 10:17:21 pm
      Taylor the manc, gave us a penalty in your dump, how could he possibly do that, given his place of residence? Even the mancs didn't protest the decision on the field. I think that says everything.

At least you admit to being the forum wum. Thanks for confirming what we already know.

How did you get on in the semi final of FA cup?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #1506: Apr 30, 2024 11:30:11 pm

We don't have to wait for a book. He told us why he left, those reasons are genuine. VAR was not mentioned once. Either you believe him or you don't. And if you don't, then you're on your own.

It's always against us apparantly.  :D This was just one game since Alisson's reckless actions would have given away a penalty, without Coote using the benefits of VAR to overturn it for offside. It's the only time during a LFC league game in 2024, that a ref has been instructed to change his decision by a VAR.

The ref on the day can blow his whistle for any reason he likes, which they usually do when players go down, injured or not. Gakpo didn't score because the whistle was blown before he got there. With the way things are going for us lately, he would probably have found another way to miss it.

The VAR had nothing to do with this incident, and when you can't even resort to blaming the VAR for it, then you know that more wild and unproven claims of corruption against LFC from officials, are very much in the far fetched territory.
      Point 1. Referee's are not instructed to change their decisions by VAR, as you well know IF VAR see's evidence that the ref has maybe missed, they instruct the ref to review it on a monitor, after which the referee makes a final decision.
      Point 2. You cut out and paste my quote, but apparently you mis-read it. I said "VAR wasn't involved in yesterdays F*ck up" My comment about VAR was general in answer to the OP.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1507: Yesterday at 09:14:53 am
      Point 1. Referee's are not instructed to change their decisions by VAR, as you well know IF VAR see's evidence that the ref has maybe missed, they instruct the ref to review it on a monitor, after which the referee makes a final decision.
      Point 2. You cut out and paste my quote, but apparently you mis-read it. I said "VAR wasn't involved in yesterdays F*ck up" My comment about VAR was general in answer to the OP.

Longy it’s what the arseole does 🤦‍♂️ he’s arguably the biggest pr!ck on here. 🤔🤔 come to think of it he is the biggest pr!ck on here.  :lmao:
      Kurt Cocaine
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 758 posts | 128 
      Reply #1508: Yesterday at 09:53:40 am
      Longy it’s what the arseole does 🤦‍♂️ he’s arguably the biggest pr!ck on here. 🤔🤔 come to think of it he is the biggest pr!ck on the internet.  :lmao:
      Fixed that for you...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,036 posts | 2720 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1509: Yesterday at 12:48:56 pm

You came a close second 🤪😂😂😂
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #1510: Yesterday at 09:33:47 pm
      In a nutshell, YES !     Whether its individually or collectively, something is clearly amiss. Strange how most of the big decisions that get fu**ed up, are never in our favour.

Quick Reply