Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 468432 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3542: Oct 30, 2022 09:16:18 pm

If it’s not about supporting fella what is it all about then ?

Do us, and yourself a favour and do what your name suggests !!

Keep the Faith, Jürgen, Pep et al, will get it right, IJWT !!

these idiots keep on finding a way to get back on here its very annoying. I dont know anyone who holds Jürgen responsible for th equality of players he has at his disposal at present.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3543: Oct 31, 2022 08:45:35 am
      these idiots keep on finding a way to get back on here its very annoying. I dont know anyone who holds Jürgen responsible for th equality of players he has at his disposal at present.

Too many glory hunters mate, but of course as soon as anyone mentions ‘Glory Hunters’ you are immediately called a ‘Superfan’ if that’s what they truly believe then they themselves are victims of their own bullshit, apparently I’m a superfan simply cos I support my team thru thick and thin and not just when  the garden is rosy,

We all want the same thing in the end don’t we and right now it’s just not happening, this season whilst not yet a complete disaster, it certainly feels like it not being in the title race, I guess it could prove too much for some to accept that every now and then we will have a bang average season, and by that I mean a minimum of top 4, that’s where we’re at now, getting into the CL isn’t something to celebrate as other clubs do, thinking they’ve won something, it’s simply where you get to hang out with the big boys,with a very lucrative revenue stream to boot,

My criticism for Jürgen is he has hung on too long to ageing players, in a ideal world without the Covid sh*t, I’m sure he would have brought in those he felt he needed back then, that obviously isn’t his fault, but what i think we’re seeing now is the hangover of that, in short Covid has probably set us back 2 transfer windows, summer windows not winter,

The financial fall out of covid sounds like excuses, but can anyone put a figure on how much it cost us financially? we all know we operate a spend what you generate kinda deal and this has had a devastating effect on transfer funds, maybe that’s the real reason for our lack of transfer activity, we got F**k all to spend because we generated F**k all throughout covid ?

That may or may not appease the hunters of glory in these boards or the inevitable FSG out brigade of rearing their ugly mugs too, I’m quietly happy with our owners, and how they have us working as a global enterprise, and they are very welcome to the profits they make, However, Covid was a extraordinary occurrence and while I understand the financial implications or lack thereof, i fail to see why FSG can’t or won’t dip into their very deepest pockets and lend the club enough finances which would keep us competitive in the transfer market,

Yes we know, it’s not their policy to get involved but it was a extraordinary situation and therefore perhaps it would make sense to do the extraordinary and lend enough finances for transfers/wages et al.

It’s not as if they wouldn’t get it back is it ? 

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #3544: Oct 31, 2022 09:14:06 am
      the problem with the Owners is the game has changed significantly financially with Newcastle now as Jürgen said able to buy anyone regardless of cost and City able to pay £900k per week. Arsenal have spent big and Chelsea will spend even more so the deal is now more than ever money talks so if they cant provide the finance to compete just like David Moores realised its time to go. The only reason Moores sold was he didnt want the club to fall behind and could see how money was coming into the EPL at a level he could not provide and its now off the scale with the likes of FFP finished. Back Jürgen with players capable of winning finals and winning leagues
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3545: Oct 31, 2022 10:21:02 am
      I am his biggest fan and supporter but he has to answer some real questions.

He needs the backing of the owners obviously but he needs to reset in the World Cup and start afresh in the Boxing day.

He's the man to take us back to his standards.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 303 
      Reply #3546: Oct 31, 2022 11:13:17 am
      the problem with the Owners is the game has changed significantly financially with Newcastle now as Jürgen said able to buy anyone regardless of cost and City able to pay £900k per week. Arsenal have spent big and Chelsea will spend even more so the deal is now more than ever money talks so if they cant provide the finance to compete just like David Moores realised its time to go. The only reason Moores sold was he didnt want the club to fall behind and could see how money was coming into the EPL at a level he could not provide and its now off the scale with the likes of FFP finished. Back Jürgen with players capable of winning finals and winning leagues

If FSG decided to sell the club, they would sell to the highest bidder. This is completely acceptable, when we sell our home we don't usually sell to the nice young family who need a home at 10% below asking price, we sell to the highest bidder.

I might be wrong, it was a few years ago, please correct me if I'm wrong. My memory of the Moore's sale of the club is that they looked at a few options including DIC but sold the club to Hicks and Gillett. I think they did due diligence and believed they were doing the right thing for the club but we all agree that the sale to H and G was a very big mistake.

We need to be careful about tryinng to get rid of FSG. We might get an ethical billionaire who will care about the club and put in some of their own money. More likely we will get a petrol state or other billionaire with dirty money. Or, even worse, an asset stripper like H and G or the Glazers.
      It's unlikely that LFC will ever become a fan owned club; Barcelona would appear to show us that this is not always a perfect model for a football club.

I'm not a capitalist but we live in a capitalist world. I don't think John Henry and friends are perfect but they appear to be competent owners who let football people make the important decisions about football issues.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3547: Oct 31, 2022 11:19:29 am
      Klopp like most sensible fans will be dreaming of having a rest and a few weeks off during the world cup to get guys back fit and firing for boxing day.

Long term obviously squad needs updating, short term we just need these injured players fit and ready so we have more options and can give guys that need a break a break.

January transfer window will be interesting.

Really cant see anything happening with owners anytime soon. They are here for the long term.

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #3548: Oct 31, 2022 01:47:03 pm
      Not going to lie my fellow Reds, I wake up each morning, dreading of a news alert that Klopp has been fired by the owners.

I hope the owners are not in anyway being pressure to do something stupid at the moment due to our bad run.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #3549: Oct 31, 2022 01:48:01 pm
      Klopp like most sensible fans will be dreaming of having a rest and a few weeks off during the world cup to get guys back fit and firing for boxing day.

Long term obviously squad needs updating, short term we just need these injured players fit and ready so we have more options and can give guys that need a break a break.

January transfer window will be interesting.

Really cant see anything happening with owners anytime soon. They are here for the long term.

I won’t be surprised if we do hardly anything in the January transfer window. I do expect big things for next summer.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 824 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3550: Oct 31, 2022 01:51:19 pm
      No chance Klopp gets the sack, my biggest worry is he will turn around and say it's too much for him to deal with.

If he was to leave at any point I am not sure I could blame him, we don't know the specific conversations he has behind closed doors with the owners and I cannot imagine for a second he is happy with the squad we have at the minute. He is a man of respect and honour so would never out the owners but when he talks about it being impossible to keep up with PSG and City I feel this is his way of saying I am doing all I can with my budget.

I hope he sticks it out and gets the backing he deserves, while re-investment in midfield is a problem itself so is trying the same thing over and over again expecting it to work. I would like to see Jürgen bin the system of old, as we simply do not have the players for it at this moment in time, we need something new, yes I will say it again, with our midfield we need two deep lying midfielders. It is clear to see the players we have cannot make this current system work like it did previosuly, so we need to adapt.

If anyone can turn it around its Jürgen, YNWA!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #3551: Oct 31, 2022 01:54:22 pm
      Not going to lie my fellow Reds, I wake up each morning, dreading of a news alert that Klopp has been fired by the owners.

I hope the owners are not in anyway being pressure to do something stupid at the moment due to our bad run.

Why would they fire pretty much the only manager that could be successful under their model? You should be more worried that Jürgen walks on his own. i don't think he will, but that's far more likely.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #3552: Oct 31, 2022 01:57:37 pm
      FSG won’t fire him

And Klopp won’t walk before the end of his contract

https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1587070088032800770?s=46&t=I43V0xvWAeyYs_NK3lAI0Q

His press conferences are brilliant
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2022 02:05:24 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 303 
      Reply #3553: Oct 31, 2022 02:06:12 pm
      I hope Germany have a good world cup, semi finals at least. Don't want them sacking their manager (don't even know who it is) and coming after Klopp.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3554: Oct 31, 2022 02:11:56 pm
      I won’t be surprised if we do hardly anything in the January transfer window. I do expect big things for next summer.

Always a tricky transfer window.

But sometimes surprises can happen.

And yea, next summer we will defo need to act.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #3555: Oct 31, 2022 02:21:58 pm

Where do you anticipate the funds will come from next summer?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #3556: Oct 31, 2022 03:43:17 pm
      Always a tricky transfer window.

But sometimes surprises can happen.

And yea, next summer we will defo need to act.

We have had some very good jan windows - But it’s a tough one at times

We managed to grab Diaz last Jan so it wouldn’t surprise me to see the club getting someone similar for the same level of price
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #3557: Oct 31, 2022 03:51:42 pm
      Where do you anticipate the funds will come from next summer?

I honestly don’t know, but I try to remain positive, and expect a busy summer transfer, as we cannot go on with some of the same players next season.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3558: Oct 31, 2022 04:12:58 pm

To be fair Glen I wouldn’t of thought it’s even on the owners radar thinking of sacking him. Think you have something I suffer with at times! Paranoia.   ;D

You can’t replace him with another manager better than him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,599 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3559: Oct 31, 2022 04:32:16 pm
      We have had some very good jan windows - But it’s a tough one at times

We managed to grab Diaz last Jan so it wouldn’t surprise me to see the club getting someone similar for the same level of price

True.

Would be cool if we could add at least 1 new MF

Hopefully one that was an athletic fit guy mostly. l o l
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #3560: Oct 31, 2022 05:14:49 pm
      I honestly don’t know, but I try to remain positive, and expect a busy summer transfer, as we cannot go on with some of the same players next season.

If the manager is unable to sell to buy how can we improve what is there at the moment?
      Remaining positive is difficult when everything hinges on one man's
      genius to get us out of the sh*t.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #3561: Oct 31, 2022 05:14:59 pm
      True.

Would be cool if we could add at least 1 new MF

Hopefully one that was an athletic fit guy mostly. l o l

One of Gini's best traits was that he was always available. To me that's priority one for a new MF.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8658 
      Reply #3562: Oct 31, 2022 05:19:08 pm
      FSG won’t fire him

And Klopp won’t walk before the end of his contract

https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1587070088032800770?s=46&t=I43V0xvWAeyYs_NK3lAI0Q

His press conferences are brilliant

Hahaha that last bit. He isn't good enough to play right back for the team :laugh:

Loved his explanation on the BBC about not just being here for the sunny days picking up trophies!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #3563: Oct 31, 2022 05:47:45 pm
      Hahaha that last bit. He isn't good enough to play right back for the team :laugh:

Loved his explanation on the BBC about not just being here for the sunny days picking up trophies!!

It’s a shame that some are only there for the sunny days as well
      He is one of a kind
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2022 06:03:37 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #3564: Oct 31, 2022 05:55:34 pm

also has a bladder problem going to the toilet twice a night. IF LFC is worth £4billion he is responsible for most of it he is Liverpool's success.
      We need to ensure he knows we back him 100% and these goos who think a conversation is needed actually need kneecapping

Quick Reply