Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)

Read 456748 times
      paulow63 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - LFC Manager (Part 2)
      Reply #3703: Jan 04, 2023 01:51:24 pm
      To be a successful side isn't the case of sorting out our defence, ie stop conceding so many goals. Also a strong midfied is required, before the side can go forward again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #3704: Jan 04, 2023 02:23:00 pm
      I leave the Twitter to you buddy I’m just going by what I see and can see happening behind the scenes.

Can tell you have a military background you are so obedient do you never question anything yes sir, no sir three bags full sir 😁

Must be a boss role in Kirkby otherwise you ain't seeing F**k all behind the scenes!!

You're seeing the same as the rest of us and all this looking for a scapegoat is getting a bit blueshite behaviour for me.

Klopp and his back room team saw us right in 20/21 and they'll do the same again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #3705: Jan 04, 2023 02:27:04 pm
      Not the only reporter who is raising this point.

You mean the same sports reporters that copy each others stories so it ends up like an echo chamber?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #3706: Jan 04, 2023 02:40:00 pm
      Must be a boss role in Kirkby otherwise you ain't seeing f**k all behind the scenes!!

You're seeing the same as the rest of us and all this looking for a scapegoat is getting a bit blueshite behaviour for me.

Klopp and his back room team saw us right in 20/21 and they'll do the same again.

Who is looking for a scapegoat?

Just trying to figure out the reasons for our decline, change in tactics which are not really Klopp style, odd signings when there is glaring deficiencies in other areas, turn style in the back room.

Hardly need a room at Kirkby 🤣

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #3707: Jan 04, 2023 06:54:37 pm
      F***ing hell imagine some of them would have already had the nooses out when the owl was in charge!!

Formidable Northampton Town and all that.

Those were dark days
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3708: Jan 04, 2023 07:10:14 pm

Why is it worrying? Go on tell us, why is it worrying we have Pep Ljinders as Klopp’s No 2, I’m intrigued, do you know of someone better ?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1222 
      Reply #3709: Jan 04, 2023 07:35:36 pm

Speaks volumes. Not at the races are we. How could the stats and data anoraks have missed this? We have had other problems build up alongside this total drop off in the intensity of our play and we just haven't found away to adapt our tactics. Either get the players in to play the system that made us successful or change the tactics. Preferably the former as we know it works.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3710: Jan 04, 2023 07:35:39 pm
      Director of sport hands in notice within six months and we have these odd signings plus some of the analysts also handed in their resignations yeah it’s all just bollocks.

Old saying no smoke without fire and the smoke has been simmering since Edwards left.

First of all mate I think your talking absolutely f***in bollocks, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps maybe that anything that happens in the inner sanctum of LFC is simply down to economics, analysts didn’t resign because some f**ker handed in their notice, maybe those within decided to take a different direction or implement new ways of analysing and maybe just maybe the Director of Sport either found the position too much, was headhunted or simply couldn’t hack it,

Only those concerned or those within actually know, anyone outside those circles don’t know sh*t, including journo’s, yes some are privy to inside info but most of that will be regards to the football side of things rather than the business end,

There’s no smoke without fire right enough, but that depends on who’s supplying the smoke, this is what happens on f***in twatter, some Cnut starts a rumour, gets about a Zillion likes and suddenly there’s a story, there’s your f***in smoke right there, next thing others join up to the bullshit and it all escalates from there!!

Enjoy your day mate !!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,714 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3711: Jan 04, 2023 08:33:33 pm
      We are rebuilding, just be patient!

I still have 100% in Klopp. If Villa kept their cool heads last match of last season, we would have not be talking like this, or Courtois ( whatever his name is) having the best game of his career.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #3712: Jan 04, 2023 08:38:47 pm

First of all mate I think your talking absolutely f***in bollocks, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps maybe that anything that happens in the inner sanctum of LFC is simply down to economics, analysts didn’t resign because some f**ker handed in their notice, maybe those within decided to take a different direction or implement new ways of analysing and maybe just maybe the Director of Sport either found the position too much, was headhunted or simply couldn’t hack it,

Only those concerned or those within actually know, anyone outside those circles don’t know sh*t, including journo’s, yes some are privy to inside info but most of that will be regards to the football side of things rather than the business end,

There’s no smoke without fire right enough, but that depends on who’s supplying the smoke, this is what happens on f***in twatter, some Cnut starts a rumour, gets about a Zillion likes and suddenly there’s a story, there’s your f***in smoke right there, next thing others join up to the bullshit and it all escalates from there!!

Enjoy your day mate !!

Hope over Fear !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Y  N  W  A

Well you are clearly either talking sh*te or have no idea what you are talking about.

How exactly do you analyse data without data analysts to interpret and make conclusions 🤷‍♂️

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #3713: Jan 05, 2023 09:44:54 am
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #3714: Jan 05, 2023 10:14:11 am
      Feels like it will only get worse before it gets better

All top managers are stubborn, as they believe in their methods but without the players to have that high performing team, it looks disjointed and just plain bad to watch

The sad part is it’s clear klopp has not learned from our cb crisis and it’s concerning he keeps getting caught out like it’s a big surprise our midfield is struggling.

But I do believe when jota and Diaz is back, we will be back on track in March, we should be able to cement europa league for next season and build from there

Brighton will tear us apart, away to them, am dreading the game, then we drop below them

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3715: Jan 05, 2023 10:22:19 am
      Also Brentford were brilliant at corners the other day, we just defended them poorly, was obvious watching on tv what they were upto, but maybe the players never clicked soon enough to react, dunno.

But on the other front our corners are boring and samey, easy to defend.

__Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Reply #3716: Jan 05, 2023 10:23:42 am
      We will need at some point soon to take 13 points from 15 to get back in the picture.

The basket ball, you attack we attack style football with 0 control of the midfield we are producing at the moment will not produce that outcome.

To start winning regularly we will need to find a way to make sure teams are not cutting through us at will  having 2 or 3 1 v 1s on Alisson per game.

At this stage with VVD out and an ageing midfield it might be an idea to go 3-5-2 although it is not really in Jurgens make up.

All I know is I'm bored to F**k of the chaotic nature of our games and wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of a chess match than a basket ball game for a little while.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #3717: Jan 05, 2023 10:30:09 am
      We will need at some point soon to take 13 points from 15 to get back in the picture.

The basket ball, you attack we attack style football with 0 control of the midfield we are producing at the moment will not produce that outcome.

To start winning regularly we will need to find a way to make sure teams are not cutting through us at will  having 2 or 3 1 v 1s on Alisson per game.

At this stage with VVD out and an ageing midfield it might be an idea to go 3-5-2 although it is not really in Jurgens make up.

All I know is I'm bored to f**k of the chaotic nature of our games and wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of a chess match than a basket ball game for a little while.

Agree with this, it’s a really hard watch at the moment.

Be nice to keep it tight for once
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #3718: Jan 05, 2023 11:58:23 am
      Liverpool are wide open. Conceding 51 big chances so far this season - 3 per game. 3rd worst in the prem behind Leeds and Fulham at 55 and 54 respectively. Arsenal have conceded 19
      Funnily enough I was watching Arsenal the other day and was taken aback at the way they were defending. Every man behind the ball in their own half with no gaps, the attacking team didn’t have a clue and were just passing the ball side to side. I know this is nothing ground breaking and maybe viewed as negative but surely there’s an argument to say this type of football would suit us with the pace of Salah and Núñez on the break.

To be honest I would rather watch us play less free flowing football if it meant we weren’t constantly being cut open any time we turned over possession. The system we play has worked in the past but for whatever reason it’s not working now, either personnel or other teams have just figured us out - probably a bit of both. I think there’s an element of pride at play and believing too much in our identity.

It’s not even like teams sit back against us and just soak up pressure, there is an element of that for sure but I’ve watched many games this season when we have been under constant pressure over a sustained period of time and we’re just not defending as a unit. Particularly in the early stages of games. Surely Klopp and the coaching team look at stats like that (conceding 51 big chances) and think that somethings got to change.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Reply #3719: Jan 05, 2023 12:42:06 pm

All I know is I'm bored to f**k of the chaotic nature of our games and wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of a chess match than a basket ball game for a little while.

If klopp couldn’t fix the issue during the break then it won’t happen now as it didn’t seem like a priority

Change to a one or two up top system and play more compact with two sitting players etc

There’s a lot us pretend managers can say and I include that in it but it’s clear klopp will keep his identity and fall by the sword as they say if we do hit rock bottom

I believe we will be around 6-7-8 this season because of how open we are

This isn’t about keeping faith as I still believe we should keep klopp for 10
      More years if possible but it’s realistic to what we are seeing

Klopp is however starting to remind me of wenger with his stubbornness. I really through after the World Cup we would have had a new compact system until the end of the season to prioritise clean sheets but it looks like all the staff care about is scoring goals
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3720: Jan 05, 2023 01:08:05 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has been nominated for the Premier League Manager of the Month for November and December.

Liverpool recorded four wins out of four during that period, with Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton defeated before the World Cup break.

Victories over Aston Villa and Leicester City were registered in the division by the Reds following its resumption.

Klopp is shortlisted alongside Mikel Arteta (Arsenal), Thomas Frank (Brentford) and Eddie Howe (Newcastle United).
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3721: Jan 05, 2023 01:09:15 pm
      I wont be surprised if we win another 4 on the bounce now, last game is another kick up tut arsehole. l o l
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3936 
      Reply #3722: Jan 05, 2023 03:34:20 pm
      We adore Klopp, we have no doubt about his ability to get us firing again!

We can do this lads!!!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,796 posts | 575 
      Reply #3723: Jan 05, 2023 07:25:54 pm
      I bet Jürgen hadn’t seen a team disintegrate as quickly as this team. We have a fairly ageing squad but literally none of the benefits of experience being shown. Wish we had 38 year old Thiago silva at the back
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #3724: Jan 05, 2023 07:28:53 pm
      I bet Jürgen hadn’t seen a team disintegrate as quickly as this team. We have a fairly ageing squad but literally none of the benefits of experience being shown. Wish we had 38 year old Thiago silva at the back

Aye.
      It reminds me of the old football manager games (when it was called championship manager) when once a player hit 30 years old his stats dropped massively.
      It’s like every player has caught a virus which slows them down mentally and physically.

Going forward id like to see Ramsey starting at right back and TAA in the more advanced role that ox has been playing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #3725: Jan 06, 2023 04:03:18 pm
      https://twitter.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1611356484331266048?s=61&t=gV8v3lGbCBvv_Q7BUboOAg

Not sure what to make of his presser today, but I sincerely hope it’s just taking attention away from the midfield players otherwise burying your head in the sand is not great going forwards 😳

Quick Reply